UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > I got some explaining to do.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JiM
UKC Forum Member

I got some explaining to do.

So Monday I posted on here about my Marti female getting killed on the road. We were rounding up her and our English pup, got the pup loaded and trying to get Marti caught and here comes a truck pulling a large cruiser type boat barreling up the road. Adrian threw his spotlight on her but that truck never lifted off the gas and just flat center punched her. Prolly doing 60. We weren't 20 feet away looking right at her. I walked up to her and she wasn't breathing and was as dead as any dog I ever seen. I mean stone dead. Adrian put her in a fence row and we went on hunting. Now that prolly sounds cold but I guess that is who we are. A dead dog is just a dead dog.
So this mourning a fellow coonhunter calls up and ask me if I lost a dog. I told him about Marti and how it happened a half mile north of his place. We had actually been hunting his woods. He says he found this Walker female limping around his yard and put her in his kennel. Said she looked like she had been hit on the road. I run over there and its Marti. Took her straight to the vet, got a small chip and tiny crack in the ankle bone and a hairline crack in her skull behind the eye socket above her ear. Prolly explains all the blood that was pouring out of that ear. Other than that, just sore and banged up. She is recovering in her kennel. This was for sure the biggest shock of my life. My buddy Adrian who owns half of her was in total disbelief. Anyway, sure glad to have her back and thanks for all the condolences. Darn glad we didn't bury her.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-13-2018 08:54 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

That's simply amazing

Old Post 09-13-2018 08:58 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

After 51 years of chasing hounds you now can say you've seen it all. Sounds good.

Old Post 09-13-2018 09:03 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Jim

I am sure glad that this story had a happy ending, Sometimes it pays to be WRONG. LOL. Dave

Old Post 09-13-2018 09:04 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wart
UKC Forum Member

dead dog

Sounds more like the good the bad and the ugly all in 1 night

Old Post 09-13-2018 09:04 PM
wart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wart Click here to Send wart a Private Message Find more posts by wart Add wart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

By the way, her 4 year old TT10 collar that we bought from Conkey when they first came out was also smashed and dead as hammer when we took it off her.
So I went out and checked a while ago but it was still smashed and dead as a hammer.

Old Post 09-13-2018 09:06 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Heck of a story! Lol. Dad ran over a pup i had years ago with the tractor, knew he was dead but some how he lived. Still my all time favorite hound, ole Snuff

Old Post 09-13-2018 09:13 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

Thats awesome!

Happy for ya Jim!

I had one that loved to ride around on the feed truck. One morning my dad was using the hay bed and accidently flipped the bale he was loading over on its end. He immediately thought about my pup, got out and couldn't see a thing. Got back in the truck and moved the bale off him and he was deader than a hammer. Like you he threw him over in the fence row and was trying to figure out how to explain to his 16 year old son he killed his new pup. Before he could get pulled out the dog was standing by the side of the truck wanting back on!

Team Mafia
2022 UKC World Champion
2019-2022 UKC World Qualifier
2019 Ok Prohunt Semi-finalist
2019 Spring SS Top 20
20,21, and 23 OK State PKC Champion
2020 Spring SS Top 7
2019-2023 PKC National Qualifier
2020-2023 TOC Qualifier
2020 UKC Top 100
2022 UKC Top 100
2023 JOY Super Hunt Champion
2022 UKC WORLDCH PKC PCH CH GRNTCH3 "Get Gone Jenna"
DOB- 9/30/2017

Old Post 09-13-2018 09:24 PM
TylerOSU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TylerOSU Click here to Send TylerOSU a Private Message Click Here to Email TylerOSU Find more posts by TylerOSU Add TylerOSU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

WOW! Good ending.

Old Post 09-13-2018 09:30 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

!!! WOW....!!!

That is Amazing.....!!!
Glad to hear that.
You had better change her name to Lucky.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 09-13-2018 10:42 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Van Dusen
UKC Forum Member

WOW!
Glad to hear that Jim.
Good thing Adrian 's hands don't fit a shovel.....

"Coma Power"
"It's in the blood"
HOME- 219-326-7907
CELL-219-575-0067

Old Post 09-13-2018 11:54 PM
Mike Van Dusen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Van Dusen Click here to Send Mike Van Dusen a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Van Dusen Find more posts by Mike Van Dusen Add Mike Van Dusen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

Heck of a deal.

I had one fall off a bluff one night, and from where I stood I couldn't seen him at the bottom, but the bluff was probably 60 feet or better tall. The collar was still beeping so I went the long way around to get it. Met the pup about halfway, and he didn't appear any worse for wear...

Old Post 09-14-2018 12:50 AM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowling
UKC Forum Member

Happy ending old man above had favor on that dog

Old Post 09-14-2018 02:24 AM
bowling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling Click here to Send bowling a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling Visit bowling's homepage! Find more posts by bowling Add bowling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rghnd123
UKC Forum Member

Amazing

That definitely is a story that will be hard to top, for a long time. Hope your dog can recover soon.

Old Post 09-14-2018 03:49 AM
rghnd123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rghnd123 Click here to Send rghnd123 a Private Message Click Here to Email rghnd123 Visit rghnd123's homepage! Find more posts by rghnd123 Add rghnd123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lonesomedog1
UKC Forum Member

Hope she makes a full recovery Jim. Im sure Elvis will give you a good ribbing for a long time. Lol!!

Old Post 09-14-2018 11:29 AM
lonesomedog1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lonesomedog1 Click here to Send lonesomedog1 a Private Message Find more posts by lonesomedog1 Add lonesomedog1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I hit a big German Shepard going 45 mph in my truck. He went up in the air, turned a flip and rolled over in the ditch dead as a doornail. I turned around and went up to the nearest house and knocked on the door. A lady came to the door and II told her that I had hit and killed her dog. She said wasn't my dog, he is standing right behind you. I turned around and there he was wagging his tail. Boy did I feel stupid.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 09-14-2018 at 01:50 PM

Old Post 09-14-2018 01:46 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier
UKC Forum Member

Awesome news

Jim,

You darn sure should have bought a lottery ticket that day!

You can still say you've never had 1 KILLED on the road! LOL

Glad it worked out good for ya.

Old Post 09-14-2018 02:30 PM
Hoosier is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Click here to Send Hoosier a Private Message Click Here to Email Hoosier Find more posts by Hoosier Add Hoosier to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Ice
UKC Forum Member

That's Awesome Jim

Glad to know she was ok. Take care

Home of 'GRNTCH 'GRCH PR' Aaron's Hidden Meadows Blue Max (Bluetick)
Gone But Not Forgotten 6/25/15

NiteCh Dalton's Fathead Coonsmoker Ace (English) Gone but not Forgotten

CH'NiteCh'PR' LoneTree Subzero (Walker) Gone but Not Forgotton 5/25/14

Old Post 09-17-2018 03:41 PM
Blue Ice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Ice Click here to Send Blue Ice a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Ice Find more posts by Blue Ice Add Blue Ice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blue Ice
UKC Forum Member

That's Awesome Jim

Glad to know she was ok. Take care

Home of 'GRNTCH 'GRCH PR' Aaron's Hidden Meadows Blue Max (Bluetick)
Gone But Not Forgotten 6/25/15

NiteCh Dalton's Fathead Coonsmoker Ace (English) Gone but not Forgotten

CH'NiteCh'PR' LoneTree Subzero (Walker) Gone but Not Forgotton 5/25/14

Old Post 09-17-2018 03:42 PM
Blue Ice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blue Ice Click here to Send Blue Ice a Private Message Click Here to Email Blue Ice Find more posts by Blue Ice Add Blue Ice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

WOW!

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 09-17-2018 04:02 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sox12
UKC Forum Member

that's great ending Jim just goes to show you how to0ugh some dogs are

CH Nt. Ch.PR Wandering Red & RR Bucksaw (GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge Rip X Grand Nite Raged Ridge Toadie )
GRNTCH.GRCh.PR Steffes' Whizz Bang[GRNTCH Big Walnut BooneXGRNTCH Raged Ridge Toadie]
GRCH.Wandering Red Pepper
GRCH.Wandering Red Honeys Sweety Pie

RIP
GR.NT.CH.GR.CH.PR Steffes wandering Red Tinkerbell {GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge RipsawXGRNTCH Ragged Ridge Toadie]

Old Post 09-17-2018 09:04 PM
sox12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sox12 Click here to Send sox12 a Private Message Click Here to Email sox12 Find more posts by sox12 Add sox12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DocAcumen
UKC Forum Member

Re: I got some explaining to do.

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
So Monday I posted on here about my Marti female getting killed on the road. We were rounding up her and our English pup, got the pup loaded and trying to get Marti caught and here comes a truck pulling a large cruiser type boat barreling up the road. Adrian threw his spotlight on her but that truck never lifted off the gas and just flat center punched her. Prolly doing 60. We weren't 20 feet away looking right at her. I walked up to her and she wasn't breathing and was as dead as any dog I ever seen. I mean stone dead. Adrian put her in a fence row and we went on hunting. Now that prolly sounds cold but I guess that is who we are. A dead dog is just a dead dog.
So this mourning a fellow coonhunter calls up and ask me if I lost a dog. I told him about Marti and how it happened a half mile north of his place. We had actually been hunting his woods. He says he found this Walker female limping around his yard and put her in his kennel. Said she looked like she had been hit on the road. I run over there and its Marti. Took her straight to the vet, got a small chip and tiny crack in the ankle bone and a hairline crack in her skull behind the eye socket above her ear. Prolly explains all the blood that was pouring out of that ear. Other than that, just sore and banged up. She is recovering in her kennel. This was for sure the biggest shock of my life. My buddy Adrian who owns half of her was in total disbelief. Anyway, sure glad to have her back and thanks for all the condolences. Darn glad we didn't bury her.

Sounds like y'all should put that Ghost Dog , on a Ghost Coon!!!!

Sounds like a real MATCH there!!!!!

That Dog may very well be the NEXT BIG THING!!!!!

Old Post 09-17-2018 11:00 PM
DocAcumen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DocAcumen Click here to Send DocAcumen a Private Message Find more posts by DocAcumen Add DocAcumen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J Cooper
UKC Forum Member

That's a crazy awesome story Jim. Hope she makes a speedy full recovery for ya. Good luck and look forward to seeing you again. Coop

2021 UKC National Grand Nite Ch
' Indiana Outlaw'
Co owned with Alan Holding

PKC Ch Nite Ch PR Backwoods Okie

Old Post 09-18-2018 01:05 AM
J Cooper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J Cooper Click here to Send J Cooper a Private Message Click Here to Email J Cooper Find more posts by J Cooper Add J Cooper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

I'll tell yah what Coop, finding out you left your live dog for dead is about the low downdest feeling you can ever feel. I can't even imagine what she went through for those 4 days. Dogs will forgive anything.

Old Post 09-18-2018 02:40 AM
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
I'll tell yah what Coop, finding out you left your live dog for dead is about the low downdest feeling you can ever feel. I can't even imagine what she went through for those 4 days. Dogs will forgive anything.

I left one for dead at white river back in the 90's. I was positive the dog was dead. We went to the same spot the next night and when we pulled up the dog was treed a couple of hundred yards from where we left it! I thought man if I wouldn't have came back he would have been in bad shape.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 09-18-2018 03:00 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote