UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hunt Question ????
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
B&Ttreed2017
Banned

Hunt Question ????

Dogs tree on a huge den. There is a hole the size of a basketball 3 feet off the ground, Can a person put a light inside the hole to shine up inside hollow tree and put cell phone orcamera inside hole, take a picture, let the entire cast see it, and score coon if seen in picture taken ???

Qualified for UKC World 2017
Won his first 4 Shows in a row
Made Champion at 11 months
Qualified for the Illinois Govenors Cup 2017
Owned & Handled by 10 yr old Lil Darik
Titus has been found!!! 4 hours north of us. Dariks Happy Again!
God Is Great!!

Bradleys Tenacious Super Star
Leons Darkside x Blue Label Lilly
2 Wins towards UKC Show Champion
Owned & Handled by 9 yr old Bradley__________________________
618-320-0880 Cell
~Rest In Peace Ole Boy~
Biehls Tenacious Jet
Hobo Hoss x Kansas Jewell

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-09-2018 01:03 AM
B&Ttreed2017 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B&Ttreed2017 Click here to Send B&Ttreed2017 a Private Message Click Here to Email B&Ttreed2017 Find more posts by B&Ttreed2017 Add B&Ttreed2017 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

Unless something has changed in ukc that's not allowed. I never understood why ukc wouldn't let you use a mirror to score a tree. I've one my cast several times in the other kennel club using a mirror in a hole in agree. I've also lost cast for the same reason. I think you should be able to use any non invasive means to score a tree whether that is using a mirror or put your phone on video and stick in and video or take pics.

Old Post 06-09-2018 01:25 AM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B&Ttreed2017
Banned

Thanks for replying

Can anyone tell us what rule applies to this ? We looked last night and couldnt find anything on it. PLUS EM UP ..lol

Qualified for UKC World 2017
Won his first 4 Shows in a row
Made Champion at 11 months
Qualified for the Illinois Govenors Cup 2017
Owned & Handled by 10 yr old Lil Darik
Titus has been found!!! 4 hours north of us. Dariks Happy Again!
God Is Great!!

Bradleys Tenacious Super Star
Leons Darkside x Blue Label Lilly
2 Wins towards UKC Show Champion
Owned & Handled by 9 yr old Bradley__________________________
618-320-0880 Cell
~Rest In Peace Ole Boy~
Biehls Tenacious Jet
Hobo Hoss x Kansas Jewell

Old Post 06-09-2018 01:32 AM
B&Ttreed2017 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B&Ttreed2017 Click here to Send B&Ttreed2017 a Private Message Click Here to Email B&Ttreed2017 Find more posts by B&Ttreed2017 Add B&Ttreed2017 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Rule 6(V).

Old Post 06-09-2018 01:41 AM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

6 (v) For use of scoring aids other than light or mechanical squallers. Laser pointer
light is permitted.

The phone is a no no. You can shine the light in the hole all you want.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 06-09-2018 01:45 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by johnny reb
Unless something has changed in ukc that's not allowed. I never understood why ukc wouldn't let you use a mirror to score a tree. I've one my cast several times in the other kennel club using a mirror in a hole in agree. I've also lost cast for the same reason. I think you should be able to use any non invasive means to score a tree whether that is using a mirror or put your phone on video and stick in and video or take pics.

Well you may not understand it, and I didn't either, until I found out how people use that thing.

Just keep an old picture of a coon in a den on your phone and there it is boys plus it up.

Mirror? Got a den tree that you tree in alot? Tack a coon tail up real high so you can only see it with a mirror and plus it up every time you tree on that den.

I didn't think about those things until it was brought up in a discussion on the other site on how people use that to their advantage.

Old Post 06-09-2018 05:37 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Rip

Doc, it's sad but true, that any man would stoop that low, just to win a hunt. Cheaters will stop at nothing, they have no honor. Dave

Old Post 06-09-2018 03:42 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Re: Rip

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Doc, it's sad but true, that any man would stoop that low, just to win a hunt. Cheaters will stop at nothing, they have no honor. Dave

Heah I don't think that way so I it never occurred to me why they had that rule. The discussion opened my eyes LOL.

Old Post 06-09-2018 04:16 PM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

If you worried about the photo being fake you can look at the phone and see date and time photo was take . As far as racking up a tail in hole. The hole would have to be pretty big for a man to get his arm in. A man with a long arm wouldn’t be able to reach more than about 2.5 feet. That would be all the way to the shoulder. If it’s that big you would be able to see pretty good with a mirror. Also what are the odds of freeing on that planted tree. I’ve seen all kinds of different tricks being pulled but those 2 are the least of my worries

Old Post 06-09-2018 09:42 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

My phone doesn't put a date on the pictures.

Old Post 06-09-2018 09:47 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

Bob yours may not be turned on in settings. It doesn’t take a second and you can take a photo that can be date stamped. It can have the day time and exact location. What I would do is put the phone on video mode start recording before you put th Elgin’s in the hole and stick phone into hole film and pull phone out stop recording. Then without a doubt everyone there can see that is the video being shown

Last edited by johnny reb on 06-09-2018 at 10:11 PM

Old Post 06-09-2018 10:08 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rip
Well you may not understand it, and I didn't either, until I found out how people use that thing.

Just keep an old picture of a coon in a den on your phone and there it is boys plus it up.

Mirror? Got a den tree that you tree in alot? Tack a coon tail up real high so you can only see it with a mirror and plus it up every time you tree on that den.

I didn't think about those things until it was brought up in a discussion on the other site on how people use that to their advantage.

Rip although that could happen its probably happened a handful or less times in the thousands of hunts that there are. What has happen thousands of times though is a real live coon that a dog should of gotten credit for and didn't because we couldn't use a simple device. You can look a the details of any pic taken on a phone and see the date/time. I've treed the same den a few times but not enough to be worried about.

I've heard of coon eyes in trees and I know it happened but not much. One guy got caught sticking a kitten he had in his pocket in a hole. Your not going to stop cheats with this rule but you can hurt the score of a guy playing by the rules.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 06-10-2018 04:15 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
Rip although that could happen its probably happened a handful or less times in the thousands of hunts that there are. What has happen thousands of times though is a real live coon that a dog should of gotten credit for and didn't because we couldn't use a simple device. You can look a the details of any pic taken on a phone and see the date/time. I've treed the same den a few times but not enough to be worried about.

I've heard of coon eyes in trees and I know it happened but not much. One guy got caught sticking a kitten he had in his pocket in a hole. Your not going to stop cheats with this rule but you can hurt the score of a guy playing by the rules.

I tend to think along the same lines as you on this, like I said before that discussion I didn't understand why they even had that rule until that discussion.

I will say in that discussion several people knew of several instances of it cause you can set your phone to put whatever date you want on the pic (not time I don't think). The coon tail thing still goes on with dens that they can get their head in if they have a den they tree on a bunch. I personally have a couple of drops that I can tell you what tree we are going to tree in because a particular coon goes to that den so much and that is without buckets, with buckets it's much more predictable.

Do I think it would be a huge problem? No I don't I agree with you but now I DO see why the rule is there.

Old Post 06-10-2018 04:41 PM