UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Nite Hunt Senario
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

Nite Hunt Senario

I believe these examples of different situations help us all apply the proper rules. They have taught me a lot personally on the right way to score situations.

3 dog cast. Dogs, A, B, C.

Turn loose and Dog A is struck and treed 500 yards in. 3 mins gone on the tree dog B is declared struck and treed in the same area as Dog A. 4 mins gone on the tree Dog C is declared struck and treed in the same area.

Cast arrives at the tree and the only Dog treeing is Dog B. Tree is scored plus.

What are the scores of the dogs?

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-06-2018 07:52 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AAThoundhunter
UKC Forum Member

A- 125-
B-75+
C-50-

Last edited by AAThoundhunter on 06-06-2018 at 08:06 PM

Old Post 06-06-2018 07:59 PM
AAThoundhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AAThoundhunter Click here to Send AAThoundhunter a Private Message Find more posts by AAThoundhunter Add AAThoundhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by AAThoundhunter
A- 125-
B-75+
C-50-

yep

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 06-06-2018 08:18 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
A- 125-
B-75+
C-50-

Seems simple but I posted this on another board and the replies were 50 % or more wrong and there was a bunch!

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 06-06-2018 08:41 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

I enjoy these rules discussions as well, until they get drowned with personal opinions instead of staying on course with what the rulebook actually says.

Old Post 06-06-2018 08:53 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
I enjoy these rules discussions as well, until they get drowned with personal opinions instead of staying on course with what the rulebook actually says.

I am with you Allen your right again.

Tar

Old Post 06-06-2018 09:02 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Hoosier Man1
Seems simple but I posted this on another board and the replies were 50 % or more wrong and there was a bunch!

It would be different in different Kc's.

Home Of:

Old Post 06-06-2018 09:07 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoggyBayouBlues
UKC Forum Member

Dog A= -125
Dog B= +150
Dog C= -75
You did not say if the other two, went back on trail, or if the track was finished.

Old Post 06-06-2018 10:28 PM
LoggyBayouBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LoggyBayouBlues Click here to Send LoggyBayouBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email LoggyBayouBlues Find more posts by LoggyBayouBlues Add LoggyBayouBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Philip
UKC Forum Member

How do we know he wasn't split from A? Gets his strike and 125? Lol

Old Post 06-06-2018 11:20 PM
Philip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Philip Click here to Send Philip a Private Message Click Here to Email Philip Visit Philip's homepage! Find more posts by Philip Add Philip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

dog b

They way I read the rules he is only shut out strike points if found on the same tree

Old Post 06-07-2018 12:28 AM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AAThoundhunter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Philip
How do we know he wasn't split from A? Gets his strike and 125? Lol

You don’t know if he was split or not that’s why he only gets +75. Once a dog is minused for moving nobody moves up in tree points if you couldn’t tell if they were together or not to begin with. He only gets +75 because he was shut out on strike.

Old Post 06-07-2018 12:52 AM
AAThoundhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AAThoundhunter Click here to Send AAThoundhunter a Private Message Find more posts by AAThoundhunter Add AAThoundhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
You don’t know if he was split or not that’s why he only gets +75. Once a dog is minused for moving nobody moves up in tree points if you couldn’t tell if they were together or not to begin with. He only gets +75 because he was shut out on strike.

That's correct, you really want to see some confusion what happens if C is found split from B.

Home Of:

Old Post 06-07-2018 01:01 AM
AAThoundhunter
UKC Forum Member

If C is found split from B I’d give him +50 for the same reason you can’t prove where any dog was from that far, and you don’t know what dog was with A or if they were all split. I don’t know if that’s right or not but how I’d do it.

Old Post 06-07-2018 01:21 AM
J I Allen
UKC Forum Member

If all dogs are at the same tree when you arrive, and only one is barking treed, under rule 4h don't all dogs get plus points if a coon is seen. 4(h) After a dog is declared treed, at least one of the dogs declared treed must bark at least once every two minutes until cast arrives at the tree, or all declared treed at that tree will be minused and the tree will be open again.

Old Post 06-07-2018 02:42 AM
J I Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J I Allen Click here to Send J I Allen a Private Message Find more posts by J I Allen Add J I Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
If C is found split from B I’d give him +50 for the same reason you can’t prove where any dog was from that far, and you don’t know what dog was with A or if they were all split. I don’t know if that’s right or not but how I’d do it.

I know this will not make much sense but I promise you its right.

Dog B would stay at 75 and dog C would move to 125 and get his strike points.

Home Of:

Old Post 06-07-2018 04:00 AM
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by J I Allen
If all dogs are at the same tree when you arrive, and only one is barking treed, under rule 4h don't all dogs get plus points if a coon is seen. 4(h) After a dog is declared treed, at least one of the dogs declared treed must bark at least once every two minutes until cast arrives at the tree, or all declared treed at that tree will be minused and the tree will be open again.

Thats not how you apply that. Only one has to bark every 2 min to keep the tree live, but when the judge arrives all dog have to be showing treed to be scored on the treed to his satisfaction. So if standing close to the tree is good enough for the judge then thats fine. If it isn't then it will be minus.

Home Of:

Old Post 06-07-2018 04:08 AM
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Just wondering so I know in black and white how do you not give strike points and move him up to first tree if dog b is the only one on the tree and you couldn't tell if they weren't spilt for sure thanks

Old Post 06-07-2018 12:23 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DFred
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by nextcoonhunters
Just wondering so I know in black and white how do you not give strike points and move him up to first tree if dog b is the only one on the tree and you couldn't tell if they weren't spilt for sure thanks

I'm sure it's in the Advisor but I don't have the copy with me. Anyhow dogs can't be determined split unless judge is 100% sure of such. So, until it is determined, it will be assumed they are together. Just like this senario, when the judge arrived, it couldn't be proven that they were ever split so the assumption has to be that they were at one time together.

Old Post 06-07-2018 01:23 PM
DFred is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DFred Click here to Send DFred a Private Message Find more posts by DFred Add DFred to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by DFred
I'm sure it's in the Advisor but I don't have the copy with me. Anyhow dogs can't be determined split unless judge is 100% sure of such. So, until it is determined, it will be assumed they are together. Just like this senario, when the judge arrived, it couldn't be proven that they were ever split so the assumption has to be that they were at one time together.

This is correct, the split has to be OBVIOUS before any dog can be declared split, therefore the dog does not move up.

Old Post 06-08-2018 05:14 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote