UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Steele Mountain Bronco
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
arkansas cooner
UKC Forum Member

Steele Mountain Bronco

Can anyone post his pedigree?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-23-2018 05:49 AM
arkansas cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arkansas cooner Click here to Send arkansas cooner a Private Message Click Here to Email arkansas cooner Find more posts by arkansas cooner Add arkansas cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Haha..... never thought I'd see his name here this morning.

I actually raised and started Hardwood Bronco, as I called him, before I sold him. Took the owner of his dam out hunting with him when he was barely eight months old. Sold him that night. A month or two later he sold him for five times the amount I got for him.

Bronco's sire was; Dual Grand Stone Mountain Steele, who was sired by Owens' Hardwood Bozo and out of a Dual Grand female named Waltz' Sis. Obviously, Bozo goes back to Balls Hickory Nut Harry. Sis shows old Finley River Dan down several gens in her pedigree.

Bronco's dam was; GRNITECH Sundown Katie. Katie was a direct daughter of Nocturnal Nailor and her dam was a 'PR' dog that showed old Spring Creek Rock back in her pedigree a good little ways.

The one thing I remember about Bronco, as a pup already, is how he would pop out of the box and throw his head around to check the air currents before he would drop off the tailgate. When the wind was right, it was not unusual for him to hone in on scent. You could easily tell if he had something as that's the direction he would fix on and would fire to when cut loose. And often times he would make good on it in short order. Of course, I was hunting in northern Indiana where those opportunities were frequent.

One of the easiest starters and action packed young dogs I ever had.

When he was older he made his way back to Indiana and was bought by Tim Durkes of Rochester, IN.

Old Post 05-23-2018 02:55 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arkansas cooner
UKC Forum Member

Thanks sir

Old Post 05-23-2018 04:07 PM
arkansas cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arkansas cooner Click here to Send arkansas cooner a Private Message Click Here to Email arkansas cooner Find more posts by arkansas cooner Add arkansas cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Is that the same Bronco dog that Steve Dunn studded for awhile?

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 05-23-2018 04:47 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Yes, it is Jim.

Old Post 05-23-2018 05:59 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote