UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Obituary-Leroy Delbert (Cowboy) Mayles
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Obituary-Leroy Delbert (Cowboy) Mayles

Just a quick note to let the Coon hunting world know that Yesterday May 15th, 2018 my Dearest of Coon hunting buddies, (My Father) was called home to be with the Lord Almighty.

Born March 13th 1925, He had certainly seen a lot of changes in the world AND the coon hunting world to.

Dad and I hunted 1-2 nights per week for 40 plus years chasing these ole English Coon Hounds we so dearly love. There was never a night that he would't go, if someone called his house wanting to hit the timber. Growing up through the Great Depression, had taught him to be self sufficient. His word was his bond, and a deal was a deal, sealed with a hand shake and nothing more.

For those of you who have already lost your very best hunting partner, I feel your pain. For those of you who still have a Dad that may be laying around the house like your over the hill coon hound, just waiting for someone to open that door that leads into the still damp night, please take the time to open that door, and ask him along. Even when you know you have a dog that needs singled out to be fully prepared for next weeks competition hunt, don't be afraid to ask dear Ole Dad to come along.

My Dad, on the night of his very last coon hunt, I'm sure, wanted his dog to tree ahead of mine. You see that desire to be competitive, and get a first tree never leaves you, It simply has to be put somewhere in your heart, where you can deal with it when the tine comes.

So If you have that father, or father figure, that taught you what to look for in a dog, when and where to discipline your dog, how to be a conservationist with your coon population, take advantage of you limited time in this world with that individual, show him the love and respect he deserves, and take him to the timber when it is no longer safe for him to go there by himself. You see He probably did that for you when you were too young to go to the woods by yourself too.

God Speed Pappy, Till I see you at that great White Oak in the sky, with that Ole speckled hound stretched up as high on the trunk of that tree that he can get, and singing Gods glorious, gospel song of pure nature that pounds at double the pace of a heart beat. Thanks for ALL those memories!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-16-2018 09:00 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

sad

So sorry to here this Dave !! I know hes been sick for quite awhile !! Prayers your way my friend !! God bless you and your family !! Need to get out some knight when I get down !!

Old Post 05-16-2018 09:14 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Sorry you lost your Dad and hunting buddy, I'd say you both were blessed to have the other

Old Post 05-16-2018 10:30 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Sorry to hear this Dave. I know how hard it is and can only offer you a prayer for peace and comfort my friend. You haven’t lost him, he’s just not with you physically right now.

Old Post 05-16-2018 10:53 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
knockemstiffeng
UKC Forum Member

Sorry to hear this Dave, take care. Maybe I will see you at English Days. ------------Kenny-------

Old Post 05-17-2018 12:57 AM
knockemstiffeng is offline Click Here to See the Profile for knockemstiffeng Click here to Send knockemstiffeng a Private Message Click Here to Email knockemstiffeng Find more posts by knockemstiffeng Add knockemstiffeng to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Dave

My sincere condolences for your loss. My God bless you at all times and bring peace into your heart. Dave

Old Post 05-17-2018 02:36 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

prayers up

Old Post 05-17-2018 02:52 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lucas foster
UKC Forum Member

Dave

Sorry for the loss of your dad. You n your family will b in our thoughts n prayers.

pr’ Hooper ridge hangem high huck
ntch. pr’ Kettle hollow Sandy

Old Post 05-17-2018 12:20 PM
lucas foster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lucas foster Click here to Send lucas foster a Private Message Click Here to Email lucas foster Find more posts by lucas foster Add lucas foster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

So sorry gor your loss. GOD BLESS!!!

Old Post 05-17-2018 01:39 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Sorry for your loss.

Old Post 05-17-2018 02:31 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Rhoads
UKC Forum Member

Dave

Sorry for your loss. You will always have the great memories to look back on. Tim

2020 Performance and SS Sire
PKC Ch.Gr.Nt.Ch. ‘PR’ Red Ruby Hardtime Buck [Dino X Ada]

2020 UKC Performance and PKC SS Sire
Ch.Gr.Nt.Ch.'PR' Rhoads Tri-County Bobby [Slammer X Maxie]

Gr.Nt.Ch.'PR' Rhoads Tri-County Spiff [Hoss X Lucy]

Nt.Ch.'PR' Rhoads Tri-County Maxie [Max X Annie]

Nt.Ch.'PR' Tri-County Ugg [Slammer x Mawley]

Nt.Ch.'PR' Rhoads Tri-County Ada [Charley7 x Clementine]

GrCh.'PR' Little Slammin Sandy [Slammer x Penny]

http://www.tri-county-kennel.com

Old Post 05-17-2018 10:40 PM
Tim Rhoads is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Rhoads Click here to Send Tim Rhoads a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Rhoads Visit Tim Rhoads's homepage! Find more posts by Tim Rhoads Add Tim Rhoads to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DEE POWELL
UKC Forum Member

Sorry to her this Dave

PR’ DEE’S HARDTIME THUNDER CLOUD
RED CLOUD X SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR

DEE POWELL
509-393-5111 CELL

Old Post 05-17-2018 10:41 PM
DEE POWELL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DEE POWELL Click here to Send DEE POWELL a Private Message Click Here to Email DEE POWELL Find more posts by DEE POWELL Add DEE POWELL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kyle Rhoads
UKC Forum Member

Sorry for your loss.

Home of

GRCH NITE CH 'PR' Rhoads' Tri-County Louie
(RIP)
'PR' Rhoads' Tri-County Hank

CH GRNITECH ‘PR’ Rhoads’ Tri-County Bobby

NITECH ‘PR’ Rhoads Tri-County Daisy

‘PR’ Rhoads Tri-County Bo

Kyle Rhoads
Cell 937-515-7141
Call after 5 or text anytime

Old Post 05-17-2018 10:43 PM
Kyle Rhoads is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle Rhoads Click here to Send Kyle Rhoads a Private Message Click Here to Email Kyle Rhoads Find more posts by Kyle Rhoads Add Kyle Rhoads to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Emery
UKC Forum Member

Sorry for your loss Dave. The memories will never fade!!

Old Post 05-18-2018 11:11 AM
Richard Emery is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Emery Click here to Send Richard Emery a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Emery Find more posts by Richard Emery Add Richard Emery to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kevin Lundholm
UKC Forum Member

Very nice tribute to your father, Dave. Sorry to hear of your loss.

Kevin

Old Post 05-18-2018 04:22 PM
Kevin Lundholm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin Lundholm Click here to Send Kevin Lundholm a Private Message Click Here to Email Kevin Lundholm Find more posts by Kevin Lundholm Add Kevin Lundholm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KWilds
UKC Forum Member

Sorry for your loss Dave. Prayers your way from the Wilds family.

Old Post 05-18-2018 10:37 PM
KWilds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KWilds Click here to Send KWilds a Private Message Find more posts by KWilds Add KWilds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skeets
UKC Forum Member

iam sorry to hear that about your father,i will be praying for your family.

Old Post 05-19-2018 11:11 AM
skeets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skeets Click here to Send skeets a Private Message Click Here to Email skeets Find more posts by skeets Add skeets to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Robinson
UKC Forum Member

David

I was saddened to read your post, what a beautiful write-up for your Dad. I am so glad you had many years of quality time together doing what you both love and sharing your knowledge of English hounds! You were blessed to have your Dad and he was in turn blessed to have you. What great memories! I can relate this bond to my grandfather who taught me to love and respect nature and hunting. David I always enjoyed your posts, your English knowledge and your friendship.
You will surely see your Dad again, thanks for letting all us coon hunters know. God Bless you David and take care my friend.

Past Home of:
GRNITECH FCH GRCH ROBINSON'S SILVERTONE BLUSPECK HTX DNA-P
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH ROBINSON'S RED LINDSAY
NITECH GRFCH GRWCH GRCH ROBINSON'S CROOKTAIL KATE
GRNITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S CIDERHOUSE LULU
NITECH GRCH GRFCH GRWCH RED RIDGE'S SUPER SHOCK Z HTX2
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE (BLUSPECK DAUGHTER)
NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S JJ THUNDER SUE

Current
CH PR ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY JUNEBUG - (GRNITECH PKC CH RIVER BOTTOM'S CRACKER JACK X NITECH GRCH ROBINSON'S OATKA VALLEY ANNIE)

Old Post 05-20-2018 02:13 AM
Doug Robinson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Robinson Click here to Send Doug Robinson a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Robinson Find more posts by Doug Robinson Add Doug Robinson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote