UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > ? And info on giving female shot bring her in heat!?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
justus
UKC Forum Member

? And info on giving female shot bring her in heat!?

Have older female turning 8 that’s missed last two heat cycles like get her bred one last time. Trying see how many give shots to females to bring em in heat.

GrNite-Queen of Diamonds-(GrNite TnT's Smokeman-Lesters Queen)

TK'S Turkey Cocks Slinger-(GrNite-Charlie Brown-GrNite-Queen of Diamons

Diamonds 14k-(GrNite-Days hardwood Lonzo-GrNite-Queen of Diamonds

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-12-2020 03:38 PM
justus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justus Click here to Send justus a Private Message Click Here to Email justus Find more posts by justus Add justus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Driftwoodblue
UKC Forum Member

Shot

The vet can give a FSH shot that can do it.
there is also some pills that the vet can get that cost about $180 that can surely bring hem in and without side effects.
I know a fellow that used them with good results.
just get hold of a good vet.

Old Post 01-13-2020 01:20 AM
Driftwoodblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driftwoodblue Click here to Send Driftwoodblue a Private Message Find more posts by Driftwoodblue Add Driftwoodblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

The shot/pills can bring them in heat but it can't make them cycle or drop their eggs if they are too old or have a medical problem. But if your female is that old and you have the money, you might as well try. But it is hard to find a vet that will do it.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 01-13-2020 at 01:51 PM

Old Post 01-13-2020 01:49 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stonehill
UKC Forum Member

PG600 is what people use and claim it works.

A houndsmans drive is not the thrill of the kill it's the sound of the hound !!!

Old Post 01-15-2020 08:14 AM
stonehill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stonehill Click here to Send stonehill a Private Message Click Here to Email stonehill Find more posts by stonehill Add stonehill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

DONT DO IT

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 01-15-2020 12:07 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myhosss
UKC Forum Member

IN HEAT

I wouldn't try it messes female up.Move your female around other dogs you have.different kennel beside different hounds.She will come in heat.

Old Post 01-15-2020 12:08 PM
myhosss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for myhosss Click here to Send myhosss a Private Message Find more posts by myhosss Add myhosss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
justus
UKC Forum Member

I understand you say it mess her cycle up
But if she’s not coming In heat none how’s it goin mess her up? She is around other dogs . I’ve done it before I just looking see who else has tried it.

Old Post 01-15-2020 01:25 PM
justus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for justus Click here to Send justus a Private Message Click Here to Email justus Find more posts by justus Add justus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

As I said, at her age it doesn't matter if it messes up her cycle so you might as well try it. You can get the PG 600 from Jeffers. You don't need a vet. But I think that there is something better. I tried the PG 600 on an older female. She came in heat but never released her eggs. Found out later that she had cancer.

Old Post 01-15-2020 01:41 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
justus
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Old Post 01-15-2020 01:51 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Justus let me see if I understand what you are saying. In your last post you said. You have done it before. Are you saying you have given this female shots before to bring her in heat.

So I am going to try to answer your question before I know all the information which is usually what happens on here and why there is so much confusion.

First let me say. Many have used PG600 and it has worked for them. Many in the hog industry uses it with much success. Many who want to time when a litter of pups is born have learned how to use it. Again, many are totally comfortable with it.

Someone ask me and I tell them. DO NOT USE IT.

Now in your case with an older female. You are not going to loose anything as far as breeding is concerned if you try it and it don't work. But you may loose the dog. That would be the deciding factor for me and any dog I have had that long. I want to live the rest of their life comfortable with me.

Now here is why I asked my first question about if you have done it before on this dog. Once you do it. You are almost hooked on using this method every time. The ovary gets a coating that the PG600 flushs off to allow the female to cycle.

Again. I know it works for some. But I would never do it to any dog I own. I don't care what my mind says the rewards would be.

Old Post 01-15-2020 01:53 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbpro56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by oklared
DONT DO IT

X2

Bruce Profitt

Old Post 01-16-2020 04:00 PM
dbpro56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbpro56 Click here to Send dbpro56 a Private Message Click Here to Email dbpro56 Find more posts by dbpro56 Add dbpro56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote