UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Single or Xbreed register?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Single or Xbreed register?

Have a young dog that is obviously full treeing walker but because of lack of history on this dog I don't have any idea if he was litter registered or not. He is making a nice dog at 14 months old. Can I single register him or Xbreed register him?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-25-2019 03:59 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

Yes, this would be a classic example of a dog that would need to be single registered as an X-Bred. Sounds like a good prospect! Good luck with him.

Old Post 12-26-2019 02:03 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Ed
UKC Forum Member

Or I'm sure there is someone out there that will give or sell you a real good set of papers that you can put on him. Seen it done so many times. Even had a guy offer to buy a set of papers on a no account English dog I had.

Old Post 12-27-2019 06:57 PM
Pastor Ed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Ed Click here to Send Pastor Ed a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Ed Find more posts by Pastor Ed Add Pastor Ed to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
droopy_dog2004
UKC Forum Member

I had a female recently that was DNA’d through PKC and resulted in exemption of both her parents aka she had false paperwork. UKC papers matched her PKC so I contacted UKC to get her single registered the honest way. I then learned her Treeing Walker title would be stripped and she would be labeled as an x breed with unknown lineage even though she kept her Treeing Walker title in PKC. Really rubbed me wrong that my dogs breed was stripped due to me being honest with UKC about her DNA exemption. Seeing the big picture now I would have taken a different route to keep that breed title. Not an X breed fan, what happened to old fashioned single registration?

--828-403-1294--

CREEK BEND KENNELS
--------Home Of--------

River Bend Top Shot
(River Bend Shot x Dark Corners Diamond)
Coon Waxer’s Ellie
(Maul-N-Wedge Chip x Credit River Dolly)

Frozen Semen
-Nitech Maul-N-Wedge Chip
-River Bend Top Shot
-Nitech Wolf Lake Flag
-Grnitech River Bend Switch
-Ch Grnitech River Bend Shot

Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/645050609899208/?ref=share

Old Post 12-27-2019 07:58 PM
droopy_dog2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for droopy_dog2004 Click here to Send droopy_dog2004 a Private Message Click Here to Email droopy_dog2004 Visit droopy_dog2004's homepage! Find more posts by droopy_dog2004 Add droopy_dog2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Ed
UKC Forum Member

Droopy just proved what I've experienced. I knew who did what and it was a "Big Name" breeder. But I got my no where with that. MONEY people and it's beginning to get worse. No more papered dogs for me. I just play around and breed coon dog to coon dog regardless of the color.

Old Post 12-27-2019 08:48 PM
Pastor Ed is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Ed Click here to Send Pastor Ed a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Ed Find more posts by Pastor Ed Add Pastor Ed to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Pastor Ed and Droopy, I'm sure paper swapping still happens but it sure isn't as common as it used to be. DNA has helped with that. I don't know what this dogs pedigree is and I won't put a set of papers on him that says I do know. Another thing to remember is that there are some honest mistakes in breeding. Have known of guys who bred their nice female to a top stud dog and them have half hound puppies. They thought they had put her up soon enough and kept her up long enough but evidently not. A female could get bred to the wrong hound same way. But that said the breeder should have made it right.

Old Post 12-27-2019 09:13 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote