UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 15. Issue Warning on First Offense. Returning to scored tree.
Issue Warning on First Offense?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes. 30 46.15%
No, leave as is. 35 53.85%
Total: 65 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Allen / UKC
Administrator

15. Issue Warning on First Offense. Returning to scored tree.

15. Issue Warning on First Offense.

• D. For dog returning to same tree led away from after scoring. On second offense, dog to receive called strike points minus. On third offense, dog is scratched.

2019 UKC RULE PROPOSAL CLARIFICATIONS AND NOTES
Be advised, the following notes are the opinions/statements of those who submitted the proposals and may or may not necessarily reflect the opinion of UKC.

PROPOSAL 15: This proposal is geared towards being more lenient with scratching handlers when possible. Especially, when it comes to younger or newer inadvertent or unintentional acts by the handler. There’s several sperate items under this proposal that would first issue a warning ion first offense without their dog gaining any advantage by it before resorting to stricter measures for second- and third-time offenders.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-28-2019 03:12 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Impliment these "baby sitting" rules at the youth level hunts, and keep m there . Not at the full blown adult competition level !

Old Post 06-28-2019 07:04 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

Should it be more strict on NTCH cast than registered casts?

Old Post 07-01-2019 03:56 AM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

If we want PKC rules to take over, maybe we should get Roger Dale to buy UKC . Why does it need changing? One good reason? Who is it hurting for the dog to go back to a tree? Its not those loaners everybody talks about. They will never do such a thing.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 07-01-2019 06:44 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

I prefer my dog not to do it. Sooner or later they all will do it. What’s it really hurting. A dog is not gaining nothin from it. Burning up hunt time maybe. My dog go on an tree another coon yours can go back as many times it wants to, want bother me one bit.

Old Post 07-01-2019 07:26 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sgraves
I prefer my dog not to do it. Sooner or later they all will do it. What’s it really hurting. A dog is not gaining nothin from it. Burning up hunt time maybe. My dog go on an tree another coon yours can go back as many times it wants to, want bother me one bit.

Sgraves I agree. You have to wonder what the handler has on the end of his lead that he is so worried about a dog that goes back to a previously scored tree. This is the minus and scratch mentality that was posted in another post. REALLY What are people hunting today that they only make rules to try and delete the Competition!!!!!!

Makes me wonder what the 18 yes votes have at the end of their lead.

319-201-8445

Last edited by berger on 07-02-2019 at 10:41 AM

Old Post 07-02-2019 10:38 AM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stringpopper
UKC Forum Member

I hunt in some pretty rough country. As an example of why I would like to see some kind of rule, I was on a cast one night where a dog got treed with a coon. It was in a very rough hollow. We led her back up on top where we could hear one of the dogs. The dog we could hear was an idiot and never made a tree but he kept it where the other could be cut loose. Long story short she ended up going back 4 times and killed the whole 2 hours on the same coon. We never got to get to where we could hear except the one idiot dog all night. After the hunt we went and got the other 2 off 2 different trees in different hollows.

Old Post 07-02-2019 11:50 PM
stringpopper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stringpopper Click here to Send stringpopper a Private Message Click Here to Email stringpopper Find more posts by stringpopper Add stringpopper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by stringpopper
I hunt in some pretty rough country. As an example of why I would like to see some kind of rule, I was on a cast one night where a dog got treed with a coon. It was in a very rough hollow. We led her back up on top where we could hear one of the dogs. The dog we could hear was an idiot and never made a tree but he kept it where the other could be cut loose. Long story short she ended up going back 4 times and killed the whole 2 hours on the same coon. We never got to get to where we could hear except the one idiot dog all night. After the hunt we went and got the other 2 off 2 different trees in different hollows.

Great example of dogs killing hunt time. We're out there to coonhunt not go get gather the same dog over and over. This change still gives 2 chances before the dog is scratched on the 3rd.
Rules as of now....
Scratch a dog for things unseen.
Scratch for inadvertantly blowing a squaller.
Scratch for not knowing how to fill a card out even if not qualified to carry it.
Circle possums when dog comes in late.
Award 75 points to dogs that put little effort and come in upto 4.59 on trees.
Walk however far your comfortable to re-cut dogs letting handlers walk out hunts or lead toward dogs that have been doing the work all night.
Let dogs return to the same tree as many times as they want. Lol.

The above are several reasons that change is needed and needed a long time ago. It has nothing to do with what everyone else does.
Ukc and several others are doing everything they can to better the registration but too many are set in their ways. Several rules never made sense in the first place.

Allen needs a pen and the ability for executive orders!
For every hunter that may be lost by changes they will pick up many others. The rules of a game should never be complicated. A little common sense goes a long ways, and a few here now are lacking.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 07-06-2019 09:22 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Great example of dogs killing hunt time. We're out there to coonhunt not go get gather the same dog over and over. This change still gives 2 chances before the dog is scratched on the 3rd.
Rules as of now....
Scratch a dog for things unseen.
Scratch for inadvertantly blowing a squaller.
Scratch for not knowing how to fill a card out even if not qualified to carry it.
Circle possums when dog comes in late.
Award 75 points to dogs that put little effort and come in upto 4.59 on trees.
Walk however far your comfortable to re-cut dogs letting handlers walk out hunts or lead toward dogs that have been doing the work all night.
Let dogs return to the same tree as many times as they want. Lol.

The above are several reasons that change is needed and
needed a long time ago. It has nothing to do with what
everyone else does.
Ukc and several others are doing everything they can to better the registration but too many are set in their ways. Several rules never made sense in the first place.

Allen needs a pen and the ability for executive orders!
For every hunter that may be lost by changes they will pick up many others. The rules of a game should never be complicated. A little common sense goes a long ways, and a few here now are lacking.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I am a big dummy but I have managed to evolve with rules. Go to your relatives on holiday and you might play monopoly a while then play dominoes then uno. It ain’t no different.

Tar

Old Post 07-08-2019 03:43 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote