UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Puppy Food
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Puppy Food

What is the best puppy food for good health and maximum growth potential...

I have used diamond puppy food before and it has worked well...just wondering what others recommend? thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-12-2018 02:55 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I like Purina Puppy Chow. It grows big boned healthy pups.

Old Post 08-12-2018 02:57 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

Sportmix canine X

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Old Post 08-12-2018 03:03 AM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Purina

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 08-12-2018 03:32 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Spurr
UKC Forum Member

Pro plan sport is good for all life stages

Stylish Shaker 2018 fall baby stakes 2nd place

Stylish Lacy

Old Post 08-12-2018 05:23 AM
Jason Spurr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Spurr Click here to Send Jason Spurr a Private Message Click Here to Email Jason Spurr Find more posts by Jason Spurr Add Jason Spurr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B&Ttreed2017
Banned

Puppy Chow

Valu-Pak 28/20,run it thru a blender and store in icecream bucket. At feed time, I feed 3 times a day, scoop out what you need, add goat milk and watch em enjoy.
Pups have plenty of energy,alert, good bone ,and shiny coats.

Qualified for UKC World 2017
Won his first 4 Shows in a row
Made Champion at 11 months
Qualified for the Illinois Govenors Cup 2017
Owned & Handled by 10 yr old Lil Darik
Titus has been found!!! 4 hours north of us. Dariks Happy Again!
God Is Great!!

Bradleys Tenacious Super Star
Leons Darkside x Blue Label Lilly
2 Wins towards UKC Show Champion
Owned & Handled by 9 yr old Bradley__________________________
618-320-0880 Cell
~Rest In Peace Ole Boy~
Biehls Tenacious Jet
Hobo Hoss x Kansas Jewell

Last edited by B&Ttreed2017 on 08-12-2018 at 07:56 AM

Old Post 08-12-2018 07:53 AM
B&Ttreed2017 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B&Ttreed2017 Click here to Send B&Ttreed2017 a Private Message Click Here to Email B&Ttreed2017 Find more posts by B&Ttreed2017 Add B&Ttreed2017 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l p w
UKC Forum Member

Purina

I have used purina puppy chow for years they grow good on it

Old Post 08-12-2018 03:06 PM
l p w is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l p w Click here to Send l p w a Private Message Click Here to Email l p w Find more posts by l p w Add l p w to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Purina

quote:
Originally posted by l p w
I have used purina puppy chow for years they grow good on it

Purina is Great Food for your Pups or Grown Dogs.....👍👍

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 08-12-2018 03:20 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KentuckyKid96
UKC Forum Member

Valu Pak 28/20 Free is the best I've used, although I dont go through the trouble of blending it and all that. just let milk sit with it in a bowl when they're real little then transition em over to solid food.

For the price its hard to beat the Valu Pak free line for anything, the 28/20 is 26.50 for a 50 lb sack. I use the 26/18 in the winter for 24.50 and the 22/12 for 23.50 in the summer for all my dogs. no corn, soy, wheat or gluten and two different meats as the main ingredients

Last edited by KentuckyKid96 on 08-12-2018 at 08:50 PM

Old Post 08-12-2018 03:54 PM
KentuckyKid96 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KentuckyKid96 Click here to Send KentuckyKid96 a Private Message Click Here to Email KentuckyKid96 Find more posts by KentuckyKid96 Add KentuckyKid96 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night cry
UKC Forum Member

Showtime!!!

puppy blend in green bag !! best feed I've ever fed ....shiny slick coats good solid stools and they love the taste !! happy healthy solid sharp pups

FUELED BY SHOWTIME DOG FOOD !!!

Old Post 08-12-2018 07:15 PM
Night cry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night cry Click here to Send Night cry a Private Message Click Here to Email Night cry Find more posts by Night cry Add Night cry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for all the replies...

Old Post 08-15-2018 03:40 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEST EVER
Banned

I heard Blue puppy fod was real good and tried it on this last litter and the pups ate it very good and looked good at all times. Good solid stool and hair looked great. Little pricy but I feel it does help with the loose stool issue.

GRNTCHGRCH PR Super Blue Riptide
GRNITECH 'PR' Prairie Creek Blue Big Horn

Mark Robbins Home : 812-547-1358 cell 812-309-8290
Corey Robbins Cell : 812-608-1645 / Home 812-547-2775

Old Post 09-27-2018 11:29 AM
BEST EVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEST EVER Click here to Send BEST EVER a Private Message Find more posts by BEST EVER Add BEST EVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
deadeye ruck
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Spurr
Pro plan sport is good for all life stages

I've raised several litter of pups but the heartiest, slickest ones, biggest have been raised on pro plan sport.

It's in a different league than the other foods for pups and I have fed just about all of the top ones.

Simon Rucker
(540)-420-1787

GrNiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Candy's Stylish Swag 2014 VA State PKC top 10 and 2022/2023 Super Stakes Sire & 2022 UKC Performance Sire
GrNiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Late Night Backwater Piper
NiteCh PKC CH 'PR' Risky Ruby
'PR' Stylish Poison Neon Moon
'PR' Stylish Poison Pickles

Old Post 09-27-2018 02:27 PM
deadeye ruck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for deadeye ruck Click here to Send deadeye ruck a Private Message Click Here to Email deadeye ruck Find more posts by deadeye ruck Add deadeye ruck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

I can set a bowl of valupak and a bowl of puppy chow in front of my pups and they will choose the valu pak and do good on it. Since years ago when Purina took the powdered milk off the puppy chow it doesn't seem to be as good.

Old Post 09-27-2018 04:51 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

If I was using purina I would use the pro plan puppy food instead of the regular purina puppy food.

Old Post 09-27-2018 07:57 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

I feed all of my pups Purina Puppy Chow.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 09-27-2018 08:02 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arkansas cooner
UKC Forum Member

Extreme Dog Fuel red bag 30-20. Look it ho and read that ingredients. Best out there bar none

Old Post 09-27-2018 09:14 PM
arkansas cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arkansas cooner Click here to Send arkansas cooner a Private Message Click Here to Email arkansas cooner Find more posts by arkansas cooner Add arkansas cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
delta nightlife
UKC Forum Member

Puppy chow mixed with a little pet milk

Old Post 09-27-2018 11:53 PM
delta nightlife is offline Click Here to See the Profile for delta nightlife Click here to Send delta nightlife a Private Message Click Here to Email delta nightlife Find more posts by delta nightlife Add delta nightlife to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cole run
UKC Forum Member

Purine puppy chow mixed milk replacer for calves with it wet then as they got older just put the milk replacer dry with it

Old Post 09-28-2018 12:13 AM
cole run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cole run Click here to Send cole run a Private Message Find more posts by cole run Add cole run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote