UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Head to head...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
hootowlman
UKC Forum Member

Head to head...

Well I have seen it on here at least 100 times which light is brighter. I went today and picked up a new light for my sister that she is giving as a Christmas gift to her husband. I used the lights by each manufacturer for this head to head at the same distance side by side heads up. The guy at the shop said his opinion as to which was brighter until we did the heads up and then We both agreed on a winner. Also there was a few others in the shop watching us and we all agreed on which light was the brightest. We used the Sunfire ultra Hd, Boss hotspot 3d and the new Bright eyes Sniper. Ok guys here it is the Sunfire ultra hd is by far the brightest of the bunch followed by the boss hot spot 3d and Bright eyes Sniper. Ray Charles could see the difference guys. The Sunfire is noticeably brighter. The boss and sniper are pretty close to each other as far as brightness not a real noticeable difference between the 2. But the boss is a touch brighter. But all lights looked to be well built and super light and all of them are BLAZING bright. No questions of which one will find a coon all should have no problem finding one. Just thought I would share my findings. Also we used 2 different lights of the same kind comparing to rule out one maybe run down a little. The results were the same...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-19-2014 03:54 AM
hootowlman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hootowlman Click here to Send hootowlman a Private Message Click Here to Email hootowlman Find more posts by hootowlman Add hootowlman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slowpoke 2012
UKC Forum Member

Bout time someone did this.

PR. Missouri Hi-Dollar Slowpoke HTX

PR. Missouri Nite Hunt Hitman - R.I.P
08-08-2013 - 07-15-2015
Starved to death by a S.O.B named Austin Tibbits.

American Black and Tan Coon Hounds
----------------------------------------------------------

Nt.Ch. "PR." Wildside's BugEyed Betty (W)

Matthew Fann
816-565-1660

Old Post 12-19-2014 05:35 AM
Slowpoke 2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slowpoke 2012 Click here to Send Slowpoke 2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Slowpoke 2012 Find more posts by Slowpoke 2012 Add Slowpoke 2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

What really needs to be tested head to head is repair times and warranty service. Tell us who wins that one.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 12-19-2014 12:37 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

Did all three of the lights project the same size beam?
Which one had the tightest spot? Which one had the best combination of flood for walking and spot for shining? Just curious.

Old Post 12-19-2014 12:48 PM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hootowlman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
What really needs to be tested head to head is repair times and warranty service. Tell us who wins that one.
a

To be truthful I have ownedone of these manufacturers lights for almost 2 years now and never needed any repair time. Because the light has worked flawlessly. I know 2 other people that own the same light as I and have had the same results. Also I have talked to 2 of the light manufacturers on MANY occasions and know what kind of people they are and how they stand behind their products. I even had one of these manufacturers tell me when I was looking to purchase and new light. To put their product up against any on the market if I found a brighter, better built light they would buy it for me. They even sent me pop covers for a light I bought off of a dealer for free because it should have came with the light but didn't. The same 2 manufacturers have went out of their way helping me find other items I was looking for and neither of them make the item I was looking for. So yes I know who makes these lights and how they stand behind their products. Guarantee either of 2 of these light manufacturers will fix your light if it does give you a problem NO questions asked.

Old Post 12-19-2014 01:28 PM
hootowlman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hootowlman Click here to Send hootowlman a Private Message Click Here to Email hootowlman Find more posts by hootowlman Add hootowlman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hootowlman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ssgied
Did all three of the lights project the same size beam?
Which one had the tightest spot? Which one had the best combination of flood for walking and spot for shining? Just curious.

Really all about the same. The Sunfire ultra had just a little bit tighter spot but you really had to look closely to tell a difference on spot size. Flood was about the same on all shouldn't have a problem being used for walking and shining. Either of these lights are SUPER bright and anyone should have no problems finding a coon with any of them... Just one was brighter than the others.

Old Post 12-19-2014 01:33 PM
redkydog
UKC Forum Member

I'm glad someone done this, thanks

Old Post 12-20-2014 02:29 PM
redkydog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redkydog Click here to Send redkydog a Private Message Click Here to Email redkydog Find more posts by redkydog Add redkydog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mncoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

My buddy has the sunfire, I recently got a boss. Last night we took them out and got to compare them side by side. You'd be really splitting hairs trying to pick out the differences between these two lights. He could light up trees just a touch brighter at extreme long distances ( like five hundred yards plus, pretty irrelevant for coon hunting). The white light on both lights was pretty much the same, the boss maybe being just a touch more yellow but you really not notice unless you really try to differentiate the two. The main halo was pretty much the same. The boss did have one extra tiny light ring a couple feet wider than the main halo, not very bright but would light stuff up just enough that your peripheral would see it. The boss was a little heavier, but it didn't feel like I was wearing a brick on my head. Not to much difference there either. The spot on my boss was definitely more defined and a little bit brighter. When it came to looking in a tree the spot on the boss was a little brighter than the sunfires, but the sunfire would flood the tree a little better. Color couldn't really compared because my boss has red and green and his sunfire has Amber. I'm happy with my boss, he's happy with his sunfire. IMO there's not really enough difference between the two to declare one the "brightest" or "best" light.

Old Post 01-16-2015 05:38 PM
mncoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mncoonhunter Click here to Send mncoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email mncoonhunter Find more posts by mncoonhunter Add mncoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K. Singletary
UKC Forum Member

Don't they all use the same LEDs and the same size batteries? I doubt anyone's eyes can see the minimal differences in these lights. All 3 are good and all 3 support the sport, we should be supporting all 3.

ChNtCh Allnite Gypsy Girl

Old Post 01-16-2015 06:30 PM
K. Singletary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K. Singletary Click here to Send K. Singletary a Private Message Click Here to Email K. Singletary Find more posts by K. Singletary Add K. Singletary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam Davis
UKC Forum Member

Re: Head to head...

Are you comparing like lights? Dedomed LEDs or not dedomed?

quote:
Originally posted by hootowlman
Well I have seen it on here at least 100 times which light is brighter. I went today and picked up a new light for my sister that she is giving as a Christmas gift to her husband. I used the lights by each manufacturer for this head to head at the same distance side by side heads up. The guy at the shop said his opinion as to which was brighter until we did the heads up and then We both agreed on a winner. Also there was a few others in the shop watching us and we all agreed on which light was the brightest. We used the Sunfire ultra Hd, Boss hotspot 3d and the new Bright eyes Sniper. Ok guys here it is the Sunfire ultra hd is by far the brightest of the bunch followed by the boss hot spot 3d and Bright eyes Sniper. Ray Charles could see the difference guys. The Sunfire is noticeably brighter. The boss and sniper are pretty close to each other as far as brightness not a real noticeable difference between the 2. But the boss is a touch brighter. But all lights looked to be well built and super light and all of them are BLAZING bright. No questions of which one will find a coon all should have no problem finding one. Just thought I would share my findings. Also we used 2 different lights of the same kind comparing to rule out one maybe run down a little. The results were the same...

WWW.NITEHUNTERS.COM
731-632-0489
rats@nitehunters.com

Old Post 01-16-2015 07:20 PM
Sam Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam Davis Click here to Send Sam Davis a Private Message Click Here to Email Sam Davis Visit Sam Davis's homepage! Find more posts by Sam Davis Add Sam Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sam Davis
UKC Forum Member

Hootowlman - if you can't make a determination if the LEDs are dedomed. Would you please post pictures of the LED in the cavity of each head?

WWW.NITEHUNTERS.COM
731-632-0489
rats@nitehunters.com

Old Post 01-16-2015 08:35 PM
Sam Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam Davis Click here to Send Sam Davis a Private Message Click Here to Email Sam Davis Visit Sam Davis's homepage! Find more posts by Sam Davis Add Sam Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote