UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Ohio Coon Season 2014
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JMollett
UKC Forum Member

Ohio Coon Season 2014

Is everyone getting geared up for Ohio Coon Season. It's just around the bend!
On a count down who else is ready?

Mr. Jake.
Tree Stomping Beauty

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-01-2014 02:28 AM
JMollett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JMollett Click here to Send JMollett a Private Message Click Here to Email JMollett Find more posts by JMollett Add JMollett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cheyenne
UKC Forum Member

kind of ready, just going to hunt my pup for the most part, but not going to shoot a lot of coon out. Been hunting steady now and he does not seem to need a bunch of coon shot to him, they will be worth more to me in the spring and next summer and it sounds like they ain't worth anything.

Nt.Ch. 2010 World Hunt Finalist Tug River Stylish PJ, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Polly, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Cheyenne, Gr.Nt.Ch. Frieds Thunder Crank, Gr.Nt.Ch. Major Dan , Nt.Ch. Lil Red Rat, Stylish Tanks Style

Old Post 11-01-2014 04:08 AM
Cheyenne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cheyenne Click here to Send Cheyenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Cheyenne Find more posts by Cheyenne Add Cheyenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hilltopkennels
UKC Forum Member

I'm ready and the kids can't wait my boy has been askin for months when it comes in he is 8 and gonna be my shooter when he can go

Old Post 11-01-2014 05:03 AM
hilltopkennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hilltopkennels Click here to Send hilltopkennels a Private Message Click Here to Email hilltopkennels Find more posts by hilltopkennels Add hilltopkennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Adams
Banned

We are ready!! Counting down the days!

Old Post 11-01-2014 05:04 AM
Doug Adams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Adams Click here to Send Doug Adams a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Adams Find more posts by Doug Adams Add Doug Adams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skywalker
New UKC Forum Member

Ready here. Retired, two new pups and bought a new finished female. Hunt all night like I used to, I doubt it. Just plan on havin fun. Coon numbers don't mean as much to me any more. Just the hunt and how well the track was ran. Good luck to all my fellow buckeye hunters. Stay safe and good hunting.

Old Post 11-01-2014 01:06 PM
Skywalker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Skywalker Click here to Send Skywalker a Private Message Click Here to Email Skywalker Find more posts by Skywalker Add Skywalker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JMollett
UKC Forum Member

We ready down here too. Anyone want to come down for a hunt in Southern Ohio is welcome. Or if anyone is looking for someone to hunt with. get in touch with me. I hunt all night every night.
We don't kill many coon, since they aren't worth much, just some to the pups, unless someone wants them killed out.
We've been having bad tracks all year and every tree right now seems to be oak trees, so hope things get better.
Take Care and stay Safe.

Mr. Jake.
Tree Stomping Beauty

Old Post 11-01-2014 02:07 PM
JMollett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JMollett Click here to Send JMollett a Private Message Click Here to Email JMollett Find more posts by JMollett Add JMollett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
River Birch Run
UKC Forum Member

I hate this time a yr, the hide hunters were out all this week knocking coon out. With long rifles to boot. Then they have the nearve to do a drive by to see who I was. It amazing how I can hunt all yr and not see a sole then when kill season comes in they show up and try to run the true coonhunters off. The OH fur buyers were stuck with thousands of unsold fur from last yr. So there not buying hope it keeps the the hide hunters at home.

Old Post 11-01-2014 02:08 PM
River Birch Run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for River Birch Run Click here to Send River Birch Run a Private Message Find more posts by River Birch Run Add River Birch Run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by River Birch Run
I hate this time a yr, the hide hunters were out all this week knocking coon out. With long rifles to boot. Then they have the nearve to do a drive by to see who I was. It amazing how I can hunt all yr and not see a sole then when kill season comes in they show up and try to run the true coonhunters off. The OH fur buyers were stuck with thousands of unsold fur from last yr. So there not buying hope it keeps the the hide hunters at home.

x 2 remember a dead coon will not leave another TRACK FOR A good coon chase for your hounds thrs nothn wrong to shoot out coon but I don't shoot more than 15- a yr.

Last edited by AndyMiller on 11-01-2014 at 04:26 PM

Old Post 11-01-2014 02:56 PM
AndyMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyMiller Click here to Send AndyMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email AndyMiller Find more posts by AndyMiller Add AndyMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cheyenne
UKC Forum Member

Rebecca, why didn't u call the warden and get them busted? I've been seeing a few people out but had not heard any shooting yet. You ought to bring one of them Black & Tan hounds to Greenwich Pro Classic Nov. 8th

Nt.Ch. 2010 World Hunt Finalist Tug River Stylish PJ, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Polly, Pkc Ch. Nt.Ch. Stylish Cheyenne, Gr.Nt.Ch. Frieds Thunder Crank, Gr.Nt.Ch. Major Dan , Nt.Ch. Lil Red Rat, Stylish Tanks Style

Old Post 11-01-2014 04:43 PM
Cheyenne is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cheyenne Click here to Send Cheyenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Cheyenne Find more posts by Cheyenne Add Cheyenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Will Walker
UKC Forum Member

I agree with Rebecca....hides arent gonna be worth anything so hopefully the hide hunters stay at home, Ill knock a few out for some pups and thats it.

Old Post 11-02-2014 12:08 AM
Will Walker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Will Walker Click here to Send Will Walker a Private Message Click Here to Email Will Walker Find more posts by Will Walker Add Will Walker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

I'm getting all geared up and ready here in northwest Ohio,,just ain't gonna drop many coon this year,,sounds like they only wantin xxxl and jumbo's this year,,and that will be the only thing I will aim my gun at this year,,would rather leave them for another day of running,don't have any pups this year so I don't need to drop a bunch of coon,,we got a young one but he isn't going to the timber untill next spring,,HAPPY HUNTING EVERYONE and GOODLUCK ...

Old Post 11-02-2014 12:34 AM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ajsdad
UKC Forum Member

I'm ready!!! I will shoot a few out!!

Old Post 11-03-2014 12:59 PM
ajsdad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ajsdad Click here to Send ajsdad a Private Message Click Here to Email ajsdad Find more posts by ajsdad Add ajsdad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boxmandan
UKC Forum Member

season

Getting geared up and ready. Got a couple promising young dogs , one 13 months and one 15 months . looking decent. Looking forward to season.

Old Post 11-03-2014 10:58 PM
boxmandan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for boxmandan Click here to Send boxmandan a Private Message Click Here to Email boxmandan Find more posts by boxmandan Add boxmandan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Sisley
UKC Forum Member

I am ready. My old dog is 10 so I know he doesn't have much time left so I am looking forward to enjoying another season with him. I also have a couple pups that I have high hopes for that are just getting started. Should be lots of fun, of course I am sure there will be plenty of frustration.

Old Post 11-04-2014 12:29 AM
John Sisley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Sisley Click here to Send John Sisley a Private Message Click Here to Email John Sisley Find more posts by John Sisley Add John Sisley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chunks
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by John Sisley
I am ready. My old dog is 10 so I know he doesn't have much time left so I am looking forward to enjoying another season with him. I also have a couple pups that I have high hopes for that are just getting started. Should be lots of fun, of course I am sure there will be plenty of frustration.

yea but i have hunted with that old dog and he doesnt have a problem treeing those coons. good luck with your young dogs cant wait to put the fur in my young dog mouth

Old Post 11-04-2014 08:26 PM
chunks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chunks Click here to Send chunks a Private Message Click Here to Email chunks Find more posts by chunks Add chunks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe~mcavoy
UKC Forum Member

Any big coon contests?

Old Post 11-04-2014 11:19 PM
Joe~mcavoy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe~mcavoy Click here to Send Joe~mcavoy a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe~mcavoy Find more posts by Joe~mcavoy Add Joe~mcavoy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe~mcavoy
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cheyenne
kind of ready, just going to hunt my pup for the most part, but not going to shoot a lot of coon out. Been hunting steady now and he does not seem to need a bunch of coon shot to him, they will be worth more to me in the spring and next summer and it sounds like they ain't worth anything.
might as well roll em if he has em! Between the snares and the outlaws and everyone else saving them for spring might not work as well as it sounds

Old Post 11-04-2014 11:25 PM
Joe~mcavoy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe~mcavoy Click here to Send Joe~mcavoy a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe~mcavoy Find more posts by Joe~mcavoy Add Joe~mcavoy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mr quick
New UKC Forum Member

Yes me and18 month old Mr. Quick are ready

Old Post 11-04-2014 11:49 PM
mr quick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mr quick Click here to Send mr quick a Private Message Click Here to Email mr quick Find more posts by mr quick Add mr quick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joe~mcavoy
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mr quick
Yes me and18 month old Mr. Quick are ready
Mr quick??? Thats what the wife says!

Old Post 11-05-2014 12:50 AM
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

I'm ready! For those that say killing coon is wrong why don't you go ahead and try that theory for a few years and see how many you have left when inbreeding and disease take them out. I am against killing them just to kill them and leaving them lay.

GRNT PKC CH NOCTURNAL MOUSE TRAP 11-12 Coon season half of the coon we treed.

GRNT MAIN STREET IKE with a little more then half of last years coon. GRNT OWL CREEK BLUE BELL also treed a fair number of these.

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 11-05-2014 09:33 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tyson_Adams
UKC Forum Member

About 12 hrs to go! Should be a pretty nice night! Good luck to all!!

Old Post 11-09-2014 04:13 PM
Tyson_Adams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tyson_Adams Click here to Send Tyson_Adams a Private Message Click Here to Email Tyson_Adams Find more posts by Tyson_Adams Add Tyson_Adams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mr quick
New UKC Forum Member

2014 coon season

Dropped twice two woods lastnight quick treed three times
Seen a couple coon and on the last one me and the dog had a talk

Old Post 11-09-2014 04:25 PM
mr quick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mr quick Click here to Send mr quick a Private Message Click Here to Email mr quick Find more posts by mr quick Add mr quick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boxmandan
UKC Forum Member

season

Good luck to all that will be out tonight. I.ll be there at midnight.

Old Post 11-09-2014 04:55 PM
boxmandan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for boxmandan Click here to Send boxmandan a Private Message Click Here to Email boxmandan Find more posts by boxmandan Add boxmandan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mr quick
New UKC Forum Member

2014 coon season

Good luck to you dan. Hope you do good

Old Post 11-09-2014 07:11 PM
Jrkb2012
UKC Forum Member

Only 7 more hours,till season is in,,,can't wait to go,or should I say,the neighbor boys can't wait,lol,I've been taking them running my dog,,can't wait to see their eyes and reactions when a coon comes out of the tree,,they love hunting with my dog,,gonna give them a pup when my brothers female has some,,,they are so excited about that,,,they are our future.......

Old Post 11-09-2014 10:11 PM
Jrkb2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jrkb2012 Click here to Send Jrkb2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jrkb2012 Find more posts by Jrkb2012 Add Jrkb2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote