UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > '14 va hide season
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shawnstovall
Hobo where do hunt at I use to live in Dahlgren and over by Colonly beach. When I was stationed there a few years back.

I usually hunt around Summerduck Va.

Hunted Pride, Ruby and Mary tonight. This is the first time I've had Ruby out in over a year. She made a den tree with Pride and Mary and then split treed from them with the meat. NOT to shabby for a ten year old that hasn't had a coon shot down to her in over two years if not longer.

Click the link below for a short video.
http://youtu.be/Iv8tM6XW93A

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Last edited by HOBO on 11-04-2014 at 04:01 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-04-2014 03:53 AM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bayemup34
UKC Forum Member

2nd place in the ffa hunt last night. Didn't think it was too bad bein as it was only my second comp hunt and I was huntin with guys that had done it all their lives. Thankfully it came down to the dogs and not knowledge of the rules or I would've been in trouble.

If they don't bay, they don't stay

Catch em and stretch em, tree em and free em

'PR' McPherson's Big Mouth Brandy

Old Post 11-04-2014 11:10 PM
Bayemup34 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bayemup34 Click here to Send Bayemup34 a Private Message Find more posts by Bayemup34 Add Bayemup34 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yrphunter
UKC Forum Member

Congrats Bayemup! Hobo looks like you're having a great season so far. Getting ready to head out shortly for a round.

PR Dry Branch's Thunder Braley
PR Dry Branch's foggy mtn daisy

Never forgotten-
PR Dutch Hollars Mtn Cry Diamond

Old Post 11-05-2014 12:06 AM
yrphunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yrphunter Click here to Send yrphunter a Private Message Click Here to Email yrphunter Find more posts by yrphunter Add yrphunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbond
UKC Forum Member

Good season so far

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"

Thomas Jefferson

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
Thomas Jefferson

Old Post 11-05-2014 02:45 AM
wbond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wbond Click here to Send wbond a Private Message Click Here to Email wbond Find more posts by wbond Add wbond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Den tree, Den Tree, DEN TREE tonight... Couldn't keep them up off the river.

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 11-05-2014 03:00 AM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

The Outlaw.......

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Click Here To Visit Web Site

Home of:

GRNITECH GRCH T-TOP DARK TIMBER MOOSE.....CO-OWNER Tom Solberg
GRNITCH L'S DARK TIMBER WENDY.....CO-OWNER Richard Lambert
NITECH GRCH DARK TIMBER RED ANGUS <AKA> DA BULL CO OWNER Jeremy Erho
'PR' SOGGY BOTTOM DARK TMBER ADDY CO-OWNER Pastor MIke
'PR' RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER BO

R.I.P
GRNITECH GRCH RATLIFF'S OUTLAW DIXIE
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch RATLIFF'S OUTLAW PL RED PENNY
GRNITECH CH SOGGY BOTTOM RAZOR'S LIVE WIRE (DAISY)
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch LONG TALL SALLY
NITECH RATLIFF'S T-TOP DARK TIMBER SPOOK
NITECH CH RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER HERNIE

A Proud Member of The Virginia Cartel and Virginia Coalition for Procyon Lotor Management & Control

The Few, the Proud, the Graduates of Raven's School of Shooting

Old Post 11-05-2014 03:46 AM
OUTLAW REDBONE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OUTLAW REDBONE Click here to Send OUTLAW REDBONE a Private Message Visit OUTLAW REDBONE's homepage! Find more posts by OUTLAW REDBONE Add OUTLAW REDBONE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OUTLAW REDBONE
UKC Forum Member

My buddy came up from Tenn. this past Saturday we made a few drops. It was cold, the wind was blowing, and snow showers.

Cecil "Buck" Ratliff

Dublin, Virginia
(540) 641-1623

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME

Click Here To Visit Web Site

Home of:

GRNITECH GRCH T-TOP DARK TIMBER MOOSE.....CO-OWNER Tom Solberg
GRNITCH L'S DARK TIMBER WENDY.....CO-OWNER Richard Lambert
NITECH GRCH DARK TIMBER RED ANGUS <AKA> DA BULL CO OWNER Jeremy Erho
'PR' SOGGY BOTTOM DARK TMBER ADDY CO-OWNER Pastor MIke
'PR' RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER BO

R.I.P
GRNITECH GRCH RATLIFF'S OUTLAW DIXIE
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch RATLIFF'S OUTLAW PL RED PENNY
GRNITECH CH SOGGY BOTTOM RAZOR'S LIVE WIRE (DAISY)
GRNITECH GRCH PKC Bronze Ch LONG TALL SALLY
NITECH RATLIFF'S T-TOP DARK TIMBER SPOOK
NITECH CH RATLIFF'S DARK TIMBER HERNIE

A Proud Member of The Virginia Cartel and Virginia Coalition for Procyon Lotor Management & Control

The Few, the Proud, the Graduates of Raven's School of Shooting

Old Post 11-06-2014 02:59 AM
OUTLAW REDBONE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OUTLAW REDBONE Click here to Send OUTLAW REDBONE a Private Message Visit OUTLAW REDBONE's homepage! Find more posts by OUTLAW REDBONE Add OUTLAW REDBONE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Looking good.

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 11-06-2014 08:30 PM
yrphunter
UKC Forum Member

Very fine looking hounds outlawredbone!

Never forgotten-

Old Post 11-06-2014 08:42 PM
yrphunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yrphunter Click here to Send yrphunter a Private Message Click Here to Email yrphunter Find more posts by yrphunter Add yrphunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bayemup34
UKC Forum Member

Went with a buddy and his "free" walker dog he got a few weeks ago thanks to me just to see how he would do. Treed 2 dens and then his pup and mine got gone on a track that wasn't right. Not sure what it was, all I know is it wasn't right. I can say mom wasn't too happy about me bein out till 11:30 on a school night, but if you gonna have dogs, you gonna be out lookin for dogs at some point or another.

Old Post 11-11-2014 05:04 AM
Bayemup34 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bayemup34 Click here to Send Bayemup34 a Private Message Find more posts by Bayemup34 Add Bayemup34 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yrphunter
UKC Forum Member

Went out last night with mtncry from on here. Took both my male and female and he had his young bluetick and a pup he's hunting for Bo Dotson. First track sound good but between them getting hung up in a fence and then again at a good creek the ole bandit made it to a den. 2nd track started in a cut cornfield went thru another fence and then down into a bottom where he tried to fool the dogs in some thicker stuff, tricks didn't work this time! Treed a decent size boar. Wind was blowing good as well as the snow coming down. Those 2 tracks were run between 8 and 10pm and walking out I believe we walked over top of another track or 2, seemed like they might have been moving pretty good. I hadn't gotten to hunt much the last couple weeks due to coming down with pneumonia and i guess I'll have to slow down again for another couple weeks due to our rifle season coming in sat.

Never forgotten-

Old Post 11-14-2014 12:31 PM
yrphunter
UKC Forum Member

Diamond

Braley

Sorry not the greatest pics

Never forgotten-

Old Post 11-14-2014 12:40 PM
yrphunter
UKC Forum Member

Rifle season goes out tomorrow but I couldn't wait. Made one drop, cut loose at 7pm on the nose and shot a nice boar out at 730. Walkin out hit another track on the leash but didn't turn loose. Goin to get up at 4am and head to deer camp for the last time this deer season. It was about 32 deg and had about 2 inches of crusty snow on the ground. Good luck to everybody whether you are coon, deer or when season comes in mon bear hunting!

Never forgotten-

Old Post 11-29-2014 03:03 AM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Ya'll done stopped hunting or something?

It wasn't pretty.. BUT we finally did get one treed last night.

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 12-05-2014 01:06 PM
yrphunter
UKC Forum Member

Haven't been since the other night when I posted the weather has been crappy with rain and sleet. Goin to goochland tonight for a htx, hopefully the weather is better on that side of the mountain cause it sure is wet over here.

Never forgotten-

Old Post 12-05-2014 05:41 PM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

hate to tell ya.. BUT I don't think it's gonna be much better, its cloudy and drizzling here off and on all day so far.

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 12-05-2014 05:43 PM
yrphunter
UKC Forum Member

Well that's what I figured, guess the ole boy will sink or swim lol. I can handle the light drizzle as long as it doesn't straight down pour.

Never forgotten-

Old Post 12-05-2014 05:45 PM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Good luck. Best I can tell its not suppose to pour till tomorrow afternoon.

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 12-05-2014 05:46 PM
yrphunter
UKC Forum Member

Thanks hobo! I need all the luck I can get. I had heard tomorrow was goin to be real crappy. If by chance the rain is out of here by dark tomorrow I'll try It again.

Never forgotten-

Old Post 12-05-2014 05:49 PM
Bayemup34
UKC Forum Member

My buddy and I have been huntin pretty hard the last few weeks, treed a few but I'm pretty sure his walker dog is a slick treein idiot. Now we've treed a few, shot a few out, but we've walked to several empty trees too. My pup and his Black and Tan pup treed one last week but my pup left before we got there. Oh well. We shot it out to his pup. Guess I'm gonna ease up coon huntin since bear season just came in. I'll probably still hunt a night or two a week but not as hard as I have. Headed to Craig Co tomorrow to try to run a bear. My bunch has been doin pretty good this week, run several from what they said. Treed quite a few, bayed one, and shot one in a hole. Hope tomorrow will be good, idk I think it's supposed to rain about all day which is gonna SUCK makin drives tryin to get one up. But I get to go and that's all that matters. I'll make the best of it.

Old Post 12-06-2014 01:45 AM
yrphunter
UKC Forum Member

No dice tonight at the htx. The weather did hold out and it was an excellent bunch of guys down in goochland. 1st drop diamond made a huge loop and used a little over 30 min of hunt time. Then he decided that was enough for that spot and went back to the truck. Next drop walked from Field down into a creek bottom and cut him, still had 26 min to use. No sooner the snap came off the collar diamond struck and hit a tree but wouldn't settle in. He fooled with that track for the remainder of the time and moved it 250 yards, he got an extra 15 min due to still trailing after the hour time limit was up. I guess he got frustrated with it and quit after 45 min and came back in. Oh well guess there's next time. All in all had a great time down there with that group and I can't complain it wasn't for a lack of trying on the dogs part.

Never forgotten-

Old Post 12-06-2014 05:08 AM
Bayemup34
UKC Forum Member

Weather showin the chance of rain goin down all day. Headed out now for the hour and a half ride to Craig. Hopefully we'll make somethin good out of it.

Old Post 12-06-2014 09:11 AM
Bayemup34
UKC Forum Member

Well yesterday could've been alot better, but also could've been worse I guess. First thing yesterday mornin I went in and made a drive through some bad thickets. My buddy was up the mountain 400 yards drivin another one. He put on one up there ad said he was goin back to the truck, told me to drop out to the bottom and meet him at the road. Mile and a half later I got in the truck. I was SOAKED. Went up top again. Made another drive on the other side of the mountain. Dogs pulled and were windin real hard the whole time. Heard a dog wayyyy behind me somewhere let out a bawl. 5 minutes later 4 red ticks came runnin up to me. Told my buddy on the radio and he said see if they'll go on. The went through the thicket and hit the track hot, buddy said turn my dogs loose they all tore out of there and then somehow got seperated. Basically at the end of the day we ran four bear, got soaked and tore all to crap in thickets, and the only bear we treed was inside a den. But at least I got to go do what I love more than anything in the world.

Old Post 12-08-2014 02:21 AM
yrphunter
UKC Forum Member

We went out yesterday mornin and walked a logging road into a creek bottom dogs struck in a hardwood stand took it across a creek and up the side up a ridge with a laurel thicket and put up a 225lb sow. About a 300 yard track, shot it out and had about a 3/5 mile hike back up and out dragging that sucker.

Never forgotten-

Old Post 12-09-2014 03:14 PM
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

Ole Haze

My old dog Haze dog got away from the pups tonight and got treed at .80 mile straight up the mountain. Of course the pups went the opposite direction and ended up over a mile cause they hit a road. Went to get them and when I did, I could hear haze all the way up the mountain and he was coming around the side of that mountain hauling the mail. I heard him locate and roll it over. I gathered up the two young ones and went and parked the truck. One way in and one way out......only by walking. Ole boy was treed over an hour before I got to him. I was proud of him.

look daddy I can still Get-R-Done

[/B][/QUOTE]

GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Soggy Bottom The Frog Dawg (current reproducers list)
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom The Bull Dawg
Soggy Bottom T-Top Miss Dottie
RIP
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Haze HTX (Former#1 Reproducer)
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Stella
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Shadow
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom Bomber's Red Wire (Pigeon- former #1 Reproducer)
NTCH GRCH Red Cedar T-Top Lexus
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Locket

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 12-10-2014 07:09 AM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote