UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > '14 va hide season
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

System coming up the coast I think.. Its starting to lay here now. Hounds are loaded and waiting on me.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-23-2014 11:40 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bayemup34
UKC Forum Member

Same here

If they don't bay, they don't stay

Catch em and stretch em, tree em and free em

'PR' McPherson's Big Mouth Brandy

Old Post 10-24-2014 12:05 AM
Bayemup34 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bayemup34 Click here to Send Bayemup34 a Private Message Find more posts by Bayemup34 Add Bayemup34 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Struck red hot on the leash had a heck of a chase thought they may catch it on the ground, but it got into a pine thicket with blow downs and autumn olives and slowed them down enough to make it back to the den tree. Second drop Pride came treed and Mary opened a couple of times just below him and then treed, he pulled off his tree to hers and she had two up. They were right on the river, I KNEW better but tried to give them one. YEP you guessed it, it ended up in the river never to be seen again.

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 10-24-2014 03:54 AM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yrphunter
UKC Forum Member

Wind has been horrible. Had a good hunt last night and treed one bout 700 yds from the wv line. Looks like it ought to be a nice weekend. Lookin good hobo! Goin to a nite hunt tonight.

PR Dry Branch's Thunder Braley
PR Dry Branch's foggy mtn daisy

Never forgotten-
PR Dutch Hollars Mtn Cry Diamond

Old Post 10-24-2014 05:06 PM
yrphunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yrphunter Click here to Send yrphunter a Private Message Click Here to Email yrphunter Find more posts by yrphunter Add yrphunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

One den and one on the outside tonight.

A short video of pride on the den tree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-JkP1SJvzQ

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 10-26-2014 05:11 AM
yrphunter
UKC Forum Member

2 drops tonight. First drop no tracks. 2nd drop about 200 yds in struck and ran it over 2 ridges 600 or so yds later and treed with the meat. This was my 2y/o gyps first night back in the woods in about a month and she looked good as well as my 3 y/o male who I've hunted hard all week.

Never forgotten-

Old Post 10-26-2014 07:01 AM
yrphunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yrphunter Click here to Send yrphunter a Private Message Click Here to Email yrphunter Find more posts by yrphunter Add yrphunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Cut the hounds loose in a decent piece of woods but Pride decided he didn't like those woods. He peeled out of those woods and hit one of the many paths and took Mary with him. They ended up over a mile from where I cut them with the meat looking down...

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 10-28-2014 04:39 AM
yrphunter
UKC Forum Member

Sounds like some good hunts hobo! I really like the looks of Mary. Well it's back to the real world today vacation is over, won't get to hunt again til wed night. At feeding time yesterday evening the hounds were not happy and they voiced their opinion.

Never forgotten-

Old Post 10-28-2014 10:38 AM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Made two trees last night, both big oaks with wayyyy to many leaves still on them. Didn't find either one of them.

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 10-29-2014 01:11 PM
yrphunter
UKC Forum Member

The leaves are still tryin to hold on out this way, usually most all of them have fallen. The nite hunt I went to fri night both trees were very leafy, I had the high score too bad they both were circle trees with no cast winner. If the rain passes thru I'm goin to try and squeeze in a hunt tonight.

Never forgotten-

Old Post 10-29-2014 01:16 PM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Taking tonight off, but will hit the woods again tomorrow night.

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 10-29-2014 01:27 PM
JR Collins
UKC Forum Member

Here in Rockingham County my son with his first puppy. She went 950yrds Monday night with the old dogs and treed. Made 2 drags for her after it was over and she trailed it up and treed both times. I think I have a happy youngster. Skipped last night so he could catch up on some sleep. Should be able to hit it again tonight.

Old Post 10-29-2014 01:42 PM
JR Collins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JR Collins Click here to Send JR Collins a Private Message Click Here to Email JR Collins Find more posts by JR Collins Add JR Collins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yrphunter
UKC Forum Member

Jr- sounds like an awesome hunt and sounds like your young dog is catching on. Keep em both in the woods! Good luck and good hunting!

Never forgotten-

Old Post 10-29-2014 02:02 PM
Bayemup34
UKC Forum Member

Gonna go try it tonight. I've took the last few nights off cuz I was loaded down with homework but I'm goin tonight regardless.

Old Post 10-29-2014 10:38 PM
Bayemup34 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bayemup34 Click here to Send Bayemup34 a Private Message Find more posts by Bayemup34 Add Bayemup34 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yrphunter
UKC Forum Member

Bayemup hope y'all had a good night out. I didn't come up with much. Made one drop dogs hunted good, I kept getting the feelin I was being followed and heard little leaves rustling and movement. Made it back to the truck and had 2 packs of yotes howl real close on both sides of me. I was goin to head for another drop but didn't see any use in it with yotes being so close by.

Never forgotten-

Old Post 10-30-2014 04:49 AM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Not a bad night tonight even if I did have to get wet. Dogs got treed down by the river with the meat looking back at me. I don't normally knock them out when they are that close to the river for fear of loosing the coon in the river. BUT Mary was treed SOLID and I wanted to reward her. So I tied the hounds up and knocked the coon out. Just as luck would have it the coon landed at the base of the tree once I saw that I grabbed Mary's leash to get her there but when I looked back over the bank there was NO coon. I finally saw it swimming in the river so I tied Mary quickly and went in after it. that river is just a WEEEEEEE BIT COLD...

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 10-31-2014 03:59 AM
Bayemup34
UKC Forum Member

Yeah I know what you mean about them yotes. There's a pile of em here around the house and they get in pretty close. Not a huge fan of bein out there with em that close.

Old Post 10-31-2014 03:26 PM
yrphunter
UKC Forum Member

I never even heard a yote in the spot I was huntin let alone 2 packs and ivr hunted that same spot the last 6 years or so. I've hunted around them before and never had much problem but know a few other guys that have had issues.

Never forgotten-

Old Post 10-31-2014 04:38 PM
Bayemup34
UKC Forum Member

We were huntin a pup one night and heard the yotes get after that pup about 100 yards away. He came tearin down the hill with his tail between his legs and stood under our feet all night.

Old Post 10-31-2014 11:12 PM
warn
UKC Forum Member

I am glad Mary nor Pride got wet Hobo, you should swim the river to catch their coon, they already treed it you know. If you shot better you wouldn't have had to swim for it lol

Only thing wrong with the whole thing is I wasn't there to film it so it could be posted on the good ole interweb

Mark Warner

"HOME OF PREDAWN KENNELS"

http://www.tekonshathunder.homestead.com

Old Post 10-31-2014 11:42 PM
warn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for warn Click here to Send warn a Private Message Click Here to Email warn Find more posts by warn Add warn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Hey I had to shoot that thing to save MY LIFE!!! It started swimming straight for me as soon as I shined the light on it. I was worried it might climb on top of my head and drown me...

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 11-01-2014 03:37 AM
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Treed one DEEP tonight down by the river...

Short video
http://youtu.be/7ony701p__0

Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Last edited by HOBO on 11-01-2014 at 04:46 AM

Old Post 11-01-2014 04:43 AM
warn
UKC Forum Member

now that would be a site............ hobo with a mad coon on top of his head. rofl

Mark Warner

"HOME OF PREDAWN KENNELS"

http://www.tekonshathunder.homestead.com

Old Post 11-02-2014 12:47 AM
warn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for warn Click here to Send warn a Private Message Click Here to Email warn Find more posts by warn Add warn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bayemup34
UKC Forum Member

Went with a buddy tonight and got treed out in the hurricane force winds. Got Brandy to tree on it a little bit. Not as much Id like but I guess you gotta start somewhere. Guess I'm gonna hunt my buddy's dog in the ffa hunt tomorrow night.

Old Post 11-03-2014 03:16 AM
shawnstovall
UKC Forum Member

Hobo where do hunt at I use to live in Dahlgren and over by Colonly beach. When I was stationed there a few years back.

918-961-2434
Home to:
Pr S&J's Shack's Backwoods Patches (walker)
'PR' Stovall's Black Knight Wild Willy
Past Home to:
dual grand stovall's black knight george (gone but not forgotten)
pr D&S' black little luke (1st and 3rd place wins) (davis black luke x paynes black june) gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Davis' black hutch (gone but not forgotten)

Old Post 11-04-2014 12:05 AM
shawnstovall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shawnstovall Click here to Send shawnstovall a Private Message Click Here to Email shawnstovall Find more posts by shawnstovall Add shawnstovall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote