UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Cap Lights
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

buy the best and not worry about the rest. BRIGHT EYES.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-28-2014 03:48 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

IF IT WAS THAT EASY. LOL

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch. Gr.WCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Crystal
Ntch. GrCh. Pr. McMillans Blue Magic
Gr.Nt.Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Hawk
Nt. Ch. Pr. McMillans Blue Rage
all are gone now but will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN

CH. PR. MCMILLANS TREE ROCKIN BRANDY
CH. PR. MCMILLANS MIDNITES STINGIN SADIE

Old Post 11-28-2014 04:08 PM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chayes
UKC Forum Member

lights

Sun fire hd to me is the best! I like the red bulb! The light is a very light weight an balanced ! My opinion is its the best winter light on the market!

Old Post 11-28-2014 06:00 PM
chayes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chayes Click here to Send chayes a Private Message Find more posts by chayes Add chayes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 12-06-2014 07:20 PM
rmcmillan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rmcmillan Click here to Send rmcmillan a Private Message Find more posts by rmcmillan Add rmcmillan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buster34
UKC Forum Member

Bought the Cajun bayou at walker days and really like it. Didn't think I would like a cap light but it's nice. Don't have anything bad to say about it.

Old Post 12-07-2014 01:04 AM
buster34 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buster34 Click here to Send buster34 a Private Message Click Here to Email buster34 Find more posts by buster34 Add buster34 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wayne Valentino
UKC Forum Member

Rob

Look at what MOONSHINER has out, call Donnal and tell him I said to call. He will treat you right...

Old Post 12-07-2014 02:35 PM
Wayne Valentino is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Valentino Click here to Send Wayne Valentino a Private Message Click Here to Email Wayne Valentino Find more posts by Wayne Valentino Add Wayne Valentino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bayemup34
UKC Forum Member

Really if you're lookin for the best light there's only 2 choices in the long run for THE BEST. Now there are lots of great lights out there and you'd probably be happy with any of them. And everybody's gonna say that what they have is the best. But the top two lights right now are the sunfire HD and the Boss Hotspot 3D. Both are really good lights and both have their pros and cons. Sunfire is a little brighter, hotspot has two colors instead of one. Sunfire is lighter, hotspot is lighter on the wallet. Both are great lights and I'm sure anybody would be happy with either one. Myself, I like the hotspot better bcuz that's what I have. Everybody thinks their light, their dog, their gun, their truck, whatever, is the best. You have to look at them side by side and see which one really is the best. But those two above are what I would pick from. And if you buy one and you're not happy, wait a few months and somebody will build one to top the one you bought lol.

If they don't bay, they don't stay

Catch em and stretch em, tree em and free em

'PR' McPherson's Big Mouth Brandy

Old Post 12-07-2014 06:00 PM
Bayemup34 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bayemup34 Click here to Send Bayemup34 a Private Message Find more posts by Bayemup34 Add Bayemup34 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Webb
UKC Forum Member

The Best ?

If you are looking for the absolute brightest, check out the new "Sniper" from Bright Eyes
I have hunted 50+ years & have used or owned lots of lights, especially the newer LED models.
I really believe people see what they want to see & their mind will not change even if you hit them on the head with a hammer
Just hunted 5 nights in Arkansas & compared with most of the lights mentioned the Sniper was the brightest, & sure not by much.
The BEST thing about the Sniper for me is the convenience,
Small battery pack, lightweight, good switch.
Although I got one with a cord & belt clip, I am seriously thinking about getting Bright Eyes to put it on a cap for me
David

Grand Night Tight as a Cord

Old Post 12-07-2014 07:45 PM
David Webb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Webb Click here to Send David Webb a Private Message Click Here to Email David Webb Find more posts by David Webb Add David Webb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ruttinbuck
UKC Forum Member

Not saying what I have is the best (Cajun) just
saying it's more than bright enough and very convenient
With the three different colors on the switch. But I will say
stay away from really white color. I experimented around the
Yard and the dogs ,cats, goats, horses and deer eyes reflect much
better with a slight yellow tint.
Ok let's here it I'm ready

Old Post 12-08-2014 12:43 AM
ruttinbuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ruttinbuck Click here to Send ruttinbuck a Private Message Click Here to Email ruttinbuck Find more posts by ruttinbuck Add ruttinbuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rmcmillan
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 12-17-2014 05:36 PM
Southern Knight
UKC Forum Member

I

Last edited by Southern Knight on 07-31-2017 at 04:01 AM

Old Post 12-17-2014 09:14 PM
Southern Knight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Southern Knight Click here to Send Southern Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Southern Knight Add Southern Knight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BearCreekWalker
UKC Forum Member

yep same with mine

quote:
Originally posted by Bayemup34
Boss Hotspot 3d. Dogs that were honest before may not be so honest after you hunt with a hotspot. The light is stupidly bright. 5 levels of brightness on all 3 colors, white, red, and green. The white isn't the bright white that you see in alot of lights, it's a more natural color. I've hunted for a week on mine before and it never really even got dim. Longest burn time I've seen. Heard of a few people that tried to run it dead and they just couldn't. Last night I found 2 coons that my buddy would've never found. He got to the tree a while before me and shined the tree and saw nothing. He was about to correct the dog for slickin. But then I cranked the hotspot up to 5 and it was like the sun came back up. I caught a glimpse of fur and there was 2 coons sittin all the way in the top. In my opinion it's the best light on the market. Available in a belt light, box light, or cap light. $279 at Conkeys outdoors, Bruce's customer service is second to none.

home of yadkin river rain
bearcreek saylor
bear creek STORMY
bear creek joe

Old Post 12-18-2014 02:53 AM
BearCreekWalker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BearCreekWalker Click here to Send BearCreekWalker a Private Message Find more posts by BearCreekWalker Add BearCreekWalker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
L.Richard
UKC Forum Member

Yellow tint

Could some one help me understand how the yellow tint is better for finding coons?

517-605-3199

Old Post 12-18-2014 03:32 PM
L.Richard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for L.Richard Click here to Send L.Richard a Private Message Click Here to Email L.Richard Find more posts by L.Richard Add L.Richard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey Davis
UKC Forum Member

The white colored led drowns the fur out to much for me. With the yellow tint it reflects off the fur better where you can actually see the body and count the rings on the tail.

This is something I found on makeup that talks about different color lights having different effects on different items.

WHITE LIGHT
The light given off by the sun is white light all year long and for most of the day. It comes from a part of the sun that is about 5500° Kelvin. It is composed of all color wavelengths, so it can reflect all different colors.

White light is by far the most versatile color of light because of it can be reflected by any color. This means colored makeup looks truest under this light.

YELLOW LIGHT
There are two causes for yellow light: It can be the hot sunlight with most of the blue filtered out of it by the atmosphere, such as in the morning and evening when the sunlight crosses the atmosphere at the horizon, or it can be a cooler light like incandescent light (2870° Kelvin at 100 watts) that never had many blue wavelengths to begin with.

Yellow light is a flattering one for the skin. It still looks bright, because it has a lot of white in it, but it looks warm because of the lack of blue wavelengths

Yellow light makeup conclusions:

•Gold tones, such as a golden highlighter or gold eye makeup, are significantly accentuated.

What I gathered from this is white blends in with to much of the surroundings. Yellow light accents gold or gold tones which is more the color of the coon fur than anything.
This is the whole link if anyone wants to read.
http://www.xovain.com/makeup/the-pr...al-radiance-101

Last edited by Corey Davis on 12-18-2014 at 04:47 PM

Old Post 12-18-2014 04:28 PM
Corey Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Davis Click here to Send Corey Davis a Private Message Click Here to Email Corey Davis Visit Corey Davis's homepage! Find more posts by Corey Davis Add Corey Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blake Hopson
UKC Forum Member

Sunfire Ultra HD, stands the test here in the mountains. I love the new color and the red is perfect for flooding the tree. Its lightweight and their great people to deal with. My second choice would be a Bright Eyes. I had carried the brighteyes snake eyes before I picked up a sunfire and they always done a good job. Anytime something happened ray helped me out.

Old Post 12-18-2014 09:21 PM
Blake Hopson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blake Hopson Click here to Send Blake Hopson a Private Message Find more posts by Blake Hopson Add Blake Hopson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Cap light

I just purchased the new BrightEyes Flame Light. Comes with a soft cap with a hard shell. Should receive it Saturday.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 12-18-2014 09:41 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Archey
UKC Forum Member

Boss hotspot 3d!

Old Post 12-19-2014 12:04 AM
Archey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Archey Click here to Send Archey a Private Message Find more posts by Archey Add Archey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slowpoke 2012
UKC Forum Member

HD

I just ordered the HD. Haven't received it yet, but instead of choosing a colored L.E.D I chose a white flood light. I don't use the colors for finding coon, figured if it was bright enuff to light up a tree it would be great for walking.

PR. Missouri Hi-Dollar Slowpoke HTX

PR. Missouri Nite Hunt Hitman - R.I.P
08-08-2013 - 07-15-2015
Starved to death by a S.O.B named Austin Tibbits.

American Black and Tan Coon Hounds
----------------------------------------------------------

Nt.Ch. "PR." Wildside's BugEyed Betty (W)

Matthew Fann
816-565-1660

Old Post 12-19-2014 12:33 AM
Slowpoke 2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slowpoke 2012 Click here to Send Slowpoke 2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Slowpoke 2012 Find more posts by Slowpoke 2012 Add Slowpoke 2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote