UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > modify strike points to 25
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cody Fields
New UKC Forum Member

modify strike points to 25

Make all strike points 25

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-22-2023 09:25 PM
Cody Fields is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cody Fields Click here to Send Cody Fields a Private Message Click Here to Email Cody Fields Find more posts by Cody Fields Add Cody Fields to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lukeduke73
UKC Forum Member

Why would you want that seems like a dog that gets off from other dog get coon treed and other dogs go to its tree the dog that strikes first don’t get awarded for it that would be wrong

Rip GR NT CH GR CH SWEET DREAMS Made Dual Grand at 19m old placed 3rd at Walkerdays at 14 m
Flash!!!!!!Rider is at 4 on the current
reproducing list
6 Generation All Grand Gr.CH.Gr .NT. CH .Midnight Rider 7th overall at ky st youth hunt at 7 m old. Made nt ch at 9 months old
Ch. Nt.Ch.Midnight Lucy Lou off Rider xDr.Law female
Back n Black kennels where we breed dogs for the future and not living in the past.
1-606-474-0738
1-304-549-3735

Old Post 01-22-2023 10:34 PM
lukeduke73 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lukeduke73 Click here to Send lukeduke73 a Private Message Click Here to Email lukeduke73 Find more posts by lukeduke73 Add lukeduke73 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Dog(s) that split tree "should" be awarded it's/their own set of strike points .... Their should be more than 1 set of strike points in split tree instances..........
Just like split trees are awarded their own set of tree points ......
Never made sense to me .....that in a split tree situation theirs only one set of strike points......
The countdown has helped a little but the strike points are being overlooked.

Old Post 01-22-2023 11:41 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N Williams
UKC Forum Member

Re: modify strike points to 25

quote:
Originally posted by Cody Fields
Make all strike points 25

You do this we will all have tight mouth dogs in 20
Years.

Old Post 01-23-2023 02:42 AM
N Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for N Williams Click here to Send N Williams a Private Message Find more posts by N Williams Add N Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James B Grice
UKC Forum Member

Give that SPLIT DOG HIS STRIK POINTS TOO...... TIGHT IS RIGHT, Two lookin Down

Old Post 01-23-2023 02:51 AM
James B Grice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James B Grice Click here to Send James B Grice a Private Message Click Here to Email James B Grice Find more posts by James B Grice Add James B Grice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

These strike point arguments are absolutely ignorant. Just tree more coon than what you’re hunting with and you won’t have a problem. All of these excuses “well he struck higher so he beat me” not he beat you because you didn’t tree an extra coon.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Old Post 01-23-2023 03:41 AM
Team Mafia 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Mafia 2 Click here to Send Team Mafia 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Team Mafia 2 Find more posts by Team Mafia 2 Add Team Mafia 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JohnnyRingo20
UKC Forum Member

Exactly!!

Old Post 01-23-2023 03:56 AM
JohnnyRingo20 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyRingo20 Click here to Send JohnnyRingo20 a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyRingo20 Add JohnnyRingo20 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treedog2345
UKC Forum Member

I agree on the treeing more coins part .but get a bad guide with no coons the loose mouth dog that is an auto strike will pull away just becousr of the babbling. We have a set of rules that can be bent no matter the situation. No matter what we think babbles need minuses and silent dogs need scratched . That is the rule ....now making that happen is another story. There are great dogs that babble and great silent dogs but the rules give us an answer if we would imply it . And yes it can be proven

Old Post 01-23-2023 11:18 AM
treedog2345 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treedog2345 Click here to Send treedog2345 a Private Message Find more posts by treedog2345 Add treedog2345 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jawscardodger
UKC Forum Member

Silent dogs are allowed in UKC. You should read the rules before you try and change them

Old Post 01-23-2023 07:15 PM
jawscardodger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jawscardodger Click here to Send jawscardodger a Private Message Click Here to Email jawscardodger Find more posts by jawscardodger Add jawscardodger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Team Mafia 2
These strike point arguments are absolutely ignorant. Just tree more coon than what you’re hunting with and you won’t have a problem. All of these excuses “well he struck higher so he beat me” not he beat you because you didn’t tree an extra coon.
So you see nothing wrong with a dog getting 75 points he didn't earn? In 4 drops he has 300 unearned points.

Old Post 01-24-2023 03:51 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lance Laymon
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
So you see nothing wrong with a dog getting 75 points he didn't earn? In 4 drops he has 300 unearned points.

Good post!!

Old Post 01-24-2023 05:19 PM
Lance Laymon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lance Laymon Click here to Send Lance Laymon a Private Message Find more posts by Lance Laymon Add Lance Laymon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc

9 times out of 10 you’re getting recut and everything is going in for 25. Tree one more coon than everything else and you win.
So say we change the rule so everything strikes the same. We turn loose on a week night everything takes 25 strike and trees a coon in the hour, now we have to continue to hunt until the tie is broken all while having to work in the morning. Y’all complain like liberals when you haven’t truly thought through every scenario. Babbling dogs truly are the minority in these hunts get a wild coon treeing unit and you will quit worrying about it.
Instead of saying he struck better so he won say mine didn’t tree enough coon to win. It’s a mind set change.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Last edited by Team Mafia 2 on 01-26-2023 at 02:41 AM

Old Post 01-26-2023 02:37 AM
Team Mafia 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Mafia 2 Click here to Send Team Mafia 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Team Mafia 2 Find more posts by Team Mafia 2 Add Team Mafia 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lance Laymon
UKC Forum Member

I would respectfully disagree. If a dog is winning with undeserved points, that is against the rules and it should be scratched. Not awarded a cast won. I also would not agree with the statement of saying it doesn’t matter just tree one more coon. The point is getting undeserved points and to acknowledgment that isn’t whining, it is pointing out a hole in the rules. It is always nice to win a cast with a blow out, but most casts come down to winning and losing because of what you strike in for.

Old Post 01-27-2023 03:20 PM
Lance Laymon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lance Laymon Click here to Send Lance Laymon a Private Message Find more posts by Lance Laymon Add Lance Laymon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GLANCY'S 7 MILE
UKC Forum Member

1st Strike and 2nd TREE= 175

4th Strike and 1st TREE= 150

A dog can cover a lot of ground in 1 min and 59 seconds. I've been beat a bunch not by a dog treeing more coons then mine but by getting out stuck. Treeing coons is the name of the game not the dog that strikes the quickest.

GRNITECH PKC CH 'PR' HARD KNOCKIN STYLISH MAC (RIP)
GRNITECH X2 PKC CH 'PR' GLANCY'S 7 MILE CLYDE
NITECH PKC CH 'PR' GLANCY'S 7 MILE MERCY

Old Post 01-27-2023 05:23 PM
GLANCY'S 7 MILE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GLANCY'S 7 MILE Click here to Send GLANCY'S 7 MILE a Private Message Click Here to Email GLANCY'S 7 MILE Visit GLANCY'S 7 MILE's homepage! Find more posts by GLANCY'S 7 MILE Add GLANCY'S 7 MILE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

quote:

👍👍!

Old Post 01-27-2023 05:35 PM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jake waddell
UKC Forum Member

is this not a picture of our society, no such thing as perfect guys, yea a dog that goes north when the rest go south should get his own strike points, but what about the one that is 20 ft away from the first strike dog treed because 2 coons were running together?? does he diserve his own strike points? an what about that lonely deep silent dog, is he that way because he has a razor blade 6 inches long an youve beat or burned him to the point that hes learned to get away an what happens before you get there it is what it is? rules are fine no such thing as perfect guys, if you dont like ukc rules start your own breed regristry. how long has ukc been conducting hunts??

Old Post 01-28-2023 01:07 AM
jake waddell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jake waddell Click here to Send jake waddell a Private Message Click Here to Email jake waddell Find more posts by jake waddell Add jake waddell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bork
UKC Forum Member

I will take third or fourth strike all night long and 125 tree with a dog that has a coon when it trees and win the majority of my casts.

Old Post 01-28-2023 03:48 AM
Bork is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bork Click here to Send Bork a Private Message Click Here to Email Bork Find more posts by Bork Add Bork to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Fults
Banned

quote:
9 times out of 10 you’re getting recut and everything is going in for 25. Tree one more coon than everything else and you win.
So say we change the rule so everything strikes the same. We turn loose on a week night everything takes 25 strike and trees a coon in the hour, now we have to continue to hunt until the tie is broken all while having to work in the morning. Y’all complain like liberals when you haven’t truly thought through every scenario. Babbling dogs truly are the minority in these hunts get a wild coon treeing unit and you will quit worrying about it.
Instead of saying he struck better so he won say mine didn’t tree enough coon to win. It’s a mind set change.

I agree completely!! Seems to me, most of the handlers at these UKC events are always yelling about rule changes. Just about every time, it’s to give a weaker dog an advantage!! JS

Old Post 02-02-2023 02:24 PM
John Fults is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Fults Click here to Send John Fults a Private Message Click Here to Email John Fults Find more posts by John Fults Add John Fults to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cthornberry
UKC Forum Member

Striking a babbling dog right off the chain is an unfair advantage anyway you look at it all this tree an extra coon or tree before him is irrelevant bottom line on a sanction that is based on who has the most points and you start off in the hole every turn out because somebody has a hound that never shuts up this is an unfair advantage and is cheating bottom line

Old Post 02-03-2023 03:20 PM
Cthornberry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cthornberry Click here to Send Cthornberry a Private Message Find more posts by Cthornberry Add Cthornberry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RCogburn
New UKC Forum Member

Rule 2B
Babbling: dog(s) declared struck and determined to be babbling shall be minused on strike. If there is any question when a hunting judge is used, the cast must vote immediately. It takes a majority of cast vote to minus. A tied vote results in deleted strike points.

Guess you ask the hunting judge to make a call and see if it’s questioned then vote.

Old Post 02-19-2023 03:38 PM
RCogburn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RCogburn Click here to Send RCogburn a Private Message Find more posts by RCogburn Add RCogburn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

I’m glad I don’t see all these crazy babblers at the hunts I go to, not saying I’ve not seen it at all, but it’s few and far in between, BUT when I do I’m glad there’s a rule already in place and I call them out and I vote to minus them, the few times I’ve seen it and called it out they were minused. I know that’s not always the way the vote is Gona go, but that’s competition coonhunting.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 02-19-2023 08:57 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Strike points

If dogs tree seperate coons move up to first tree, how hard would it be to move the dog strike separate up to first strike? I think we all KNOW that the strike points were in place for a time when all dogs were together, NOT split to the 4 corners of the earth. UKC has come a long way in getting the RULES revised to fit today's dogs, but they still need work to get it right. The rules for making a night champion and grand night champion have been changed for the better, as no dog can do anything but win their cast. Eliminating outdated requirements for a first place and beating all other casts score wise was a step in the right direction. Changing strike rules are another step in equalizing the RULES. There is NO valid argument that dogs running and treeing separate coons should not get separate strike points. There are way to many cast winners that won only because they got a first strike that tread the same amount of coon as other dogs in their cast. How can anyone actually feel like they won under these rules? Moving dogs up in strike for treeing separate coons is just as easy as moving them up in tree points for treeing separate coons. Folks, this is not brain surgery, do not complicate it.Dave

Old Post 02-19-2023 11:26 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick St.Clair
UKC Forum Member

Dave unfortunately I'll be one to disagree, my opinion cast win totals for degrees was just another way this world has changed to participation awards. As far as the rules the two strongest organizations competition coon hunters have are ukc and pkc and as far as rule changes well as long as they have both been around, rules are not getting changed to better the sport. There getting changed to fit the hounds. No longer do people want to train there dogs to fit the rules. They want to change the rules to fit there dogs!!!

Old Post 02-20-2023 01:01 AM
Rick St.Clair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rick St.Clair Click here to Send Rick St.Clair a Private Message Click Here to Email Rick St.Clair Find more posts by Rick St.Clair Add Rick St.Clair to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

Re: Strike points

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
If dogs tree seperate coons move up to first tree, how hard would it be to move the dog strike separate up to first strike? I think we all KNOW that the strike points were in place for a time when all dogs were together, NOT split to the 4 corners of the earth. UKC has come a long way in getting the RULES revised to fit today's dogs, but they still need work to get it right. The rules for making a night champion and grand night champion have been changed for the better, as no dog can do anything but win their cast. Eliminating outdated requirements for a first place and beating all other casts score wise was a step in the right direction. Changing strike rules are another step in equalizing the RULES. There is NO valid argument that dogs running and treeing separate coons should not get separate strike points. There are way to many cast winners that won only because they got a first strike that tread the same amount of coon as other dogs in their cast. How can anyone actually feel like they won under these rules? Moving dogs up in strike for treeing separate coons is just as easy as moving them up in tree points for treeing separate coons. Folks, this is not brain surgery, do not complicate it.Dave

Absolutely. Hope all is well Dave.

Old Post 02-20-2023 01:43 AM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Rick St Clair

I respect your opinion and agree with your consensus that we are changing the RULES to fit today's dogs. My point exactly regarding the separate strike rule, as we have the separate tree rule. Today's dogs are not together on 1 coon, they are split most of the time. Why would anyone think that 1 dog should benefit more by striking their coon faster if the dogs were on separate tracks and tree separate coons. What logic says this is fair at any time? No one argues that separate trees get scored as separate and dogs gets 125 for separate tree, but does not get a separate strike. SMH. I am 74 and remember when all dogs were together both strike and tree, but we all KNOW that this does not happen with today's dogs ( right or wrong ) it's just the way it is today. It does not take much sense to award the points the dog/s deserve both strike and tree. Why is this so hard for folks to understand? Strike points should not be treated any different than tree points to award the dogs what they deserve. While I do not hunt in the hunts any more, I follow all the major hunts both UKC and PKC and I know for sure that there are many dogs winning casts on the first strike aspect, even though the other dogs tread separate coons. Tell me how this is fair? Dave

P.S. For those saying we are changing the RULES to fit today's dogs, exactly as the original RULES were set to fit the dogs competing in those days.

Last edited by Dave Richards on 02-21-2023 at 01:55 PM

Old Post 02-20-2023 04:36 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote