UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Pro Plan 30/20 questions
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

Pro Plan 30/20 questions

Has anyone else noticed inconstancies with Purina proplan 30/20 formula lately? My last three bags have all been different. The kibble is normally triangular shaped. Three bags ago, it was all round. I didn’t think much of it. The next bag was back to triangular shaped but much darker. A few days after being into that bag, I noticed several spots of loose stool in the yard. I’m not sure if it came from both dogs or just one. After a few days, it was back to normal. I realize there could be factors besides the food causing that. Then this bag I just opened is much less dense than normal. I always put a 50 pound bag into the same plastic container. It always fits just right. Has for years. This last bag, still 50 pounds, is nowhere near fitting in the bin. I didn’t think to save the lot number info off the bag at the time I noticed the previous differences. The previous two bags were also bought from a different store than normal, but that shouldn’t matter.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-28-2019 03:22 AM
Nick B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick B Click here to Send Nick B a Private Message Find more posts by Nick B Add Nick B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

Didn’t know ProPlan was available in 50lb bags? Always see the 37.5lb bags around here

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 10-28-2019 05:39 AM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

I’ve noticed the same thing in the 50lb bag. The color was still the same, kibble shape was different. Getting mine through Chewy.com

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 10-28-2019 11:22 AM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

I haven't noticed this with mine. Get mine through Chewy also. Bout out and have 3 bags on there way now so I'll check these and let u know what I find.
Thanks for the heads up ! That's sure strange .

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 10-28-2019 10:28 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cleo
UKC Forum Member

Re: Pro Plan 30/20 questions

quote:
Originally posted by Nick B
Has anyone else noticed inconstancies with Purina proplan 30/20 formula lately? My last three bags have all been different. The kibble is normally triangular shaped. Three bags ago, it was all round. I didn’t think much of it. The next bag was back to triangular shaped but much darker. A few days after being into that bag, I noticed several spots of loose stool in the yard. I’m not sure if it came from both dogs or just one. After a few days, it was back to normal. I realize there could be factors besides the food causing that. Then this bag I just opened is much less dense than normal. I always put a 50 pound bag into the same plastic container. It always fits just right. Has for years. This last bag, still 50 pounds, is nowhere near fitting in the bin. I didn’t think to save the lot number info off the bag at the time I noticed the previous differences. The previous two bags were also bought from a different store than normal, but that shouldn’t matter.

Call Purina and ask!

~A man is only as good as his word~

Proud home to;

'PR' Kentucky River Fly Again (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen)
ACHA CHT x3 Broken Roads Little Texas (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
CH Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Rowdy Lil Miss (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Meabie I will (Lipper's Rooster x Missy)
Broken Roads IMA Boomer2 (UKC NATL GRCH GRNTCH Honest Abe x Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom
~~~~~Watch out!~~~~~
They just might make an IMPACT!

and the girls...Punkin and Tater!

Gone by never forgotten ~ Fly high my beautiful angels
~ GRCH GNTCH PKC SC Toucan Sam
~CH Toucan's Ugly Betty
~ CCH CH Southforks September Rain
~ Martin's Daisy JJ (what a beautiful litter you left behind)
~ Luke, the lab who brought us so many doves and ducks over the years
~ UKC GRCH,ACHA CH 2014 LWCH 2014 2 x's ACHA YOUTH WCH AKC CH AKC CH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen) DNA Profiled ~ Fly high, old friend.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you!"

Old Post 10-28-2019 11:51 PM
Cleo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cleo Click here to Send Cleo a Private Message Find more posts by Cleo Add Cleo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

I have never seen a 50 # bag of Pro Plan. Could it be Purina One you are talking about? I have been using 30/20 Pro Plan for 10 or more years and have never seen any change in the feed or the quality of it at all.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 10-29-2019 12:24 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson
I have never seen a 50 # bag of Pro Plan. Could it be Purina One you are talking about? I have been using 30/20 Pro Plan for 10 or more years and have never seen any change in the feed or the quality of it at all.

Go to Chewy.com and you will see it. 30/20 Pro Plan Sport All Life Stages. That 50 lb bag must be like Bigfoot!

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Last edited by Vic Stoll on 10-29-2019 at 07:35 PM

Old Post 10-29-2019 12:37 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

I won't argue that its there. I only use the 30/20 Performance or Sport I think its called now. Purple looking bag, and to my knowledge the 37.5 is all they have. I have used Chewy from their inception. I will look. I would rather have a 50 lb. bag.
Thanks

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

Old Post 10-29-2019 12:40 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KYHoundDawg
UKC Forum Member

Ive used chewys for past few years and get Purina 30/20 in the winter and 26/16 (I think) in the summer. I have noticed a difference in the 30/20 before. Sometimes its a different color and sometimes the density is way different. Dogs ate it the same though so I ignored it.

PR B&B Docs Buzzed Again

Past Hounds
PR Horsefly Hollow Pepper, passed with a 1st and HTX pass
GRCH NITCH PR Allens Nationwide Suckerpunch HTX
GrCH2 NITCH PR Brockman's Remington Clover HTX

GRCH GRNITCH PKC SCH PR Brockman’s Blue Buzz HTX (semen available)
BBOA
502-417-2086

Old Post 10-29-2019 01:55 PM
KYHoundDawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KYHoundDawg Click here to Send KYHoundDawg a Private Message Click Here to Email KYHoundDawg Find more posts by KYHoundDawg Add KYHoundDawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson
I won't argue that its there. I only use the 30/20 Performance or Sport I think its called now. Purple looking bag, and to my knowledge the 37.5 is all they have. I have used Chewy from their inception. I will look. I would rather have a 50 lb. bag.
Thanks

https://www.chewy.com/purina-pro-pl...stages/dp/52643

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 10-30-2019 01:41 PM
blue blue
UKC Forum Member

Pro Plan

30/20 performance sport purple and black bag been getting it at tractor supply for years in 50 lb. bag. Can send pics to non believers.

Old Post 10-30-2019 02:37 PM
blue blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blue blue Click here to Send blue blue a Private Message Click Here to Email blue blue Find more posts by blue blue Add blue blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

Tractor supply by me always has 50 pound bags of 30/20 pro plan.

Old Post 10-30-2019 02:51 PM
Sfox91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sfox91 Click here to Send Sfox91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sfox91 Find more posts by Sfox91 Add Sfox91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill Lash
UKC Forum Member

30/20

Here tractor supply 50# bag is $61. I get it from Chewy for $58 +change with automatic delivery. This is Pro Plan Sport.

Old Post 10-30-2019 05:36 PM
Bill Lash is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill Lash Click here to Send Bill Lash a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill Lash Find more posts by Bill Lash Add Bill Lash to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Thanks guys

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

Old Post 10-31-2019 11:56 AM
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Our tractor supply here don't have the 50lb bags, but I've got it at pet smart.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 10-31-2019 04:25 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jkidd1

I buy it in 50 pound sacks at new castle tractor supply, or are you going to Anderson ?

Old Post 10-31-2019 04:58 PM
Sfox91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sfox91 Click here to Send Sfox91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sfox91 Find more posts by Sfox91 Add Sfox91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jkidd1

I buy it in 50 pound sacks at new castle tractor supply, or are you going to Anderson ?

Old Post 10-31-2019 04:58 PM
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Over in Anderson, I'm out of the relm of Henry County coonhunters now Sam lol.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 10-31-2019 05:12 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D Terrell
UKC Forum Member

Pro plan 30/20 50#bags Rual King
Cheaper than chewy

Old Post 11-01-2019 01:25 PM
D Terrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D Terrell Click here to Send D Terrell a Private Message Click Here to Email D Terrell Find more posts by D Terrell Add D Terrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote