UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Proposal 7
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

If a dog that backs another dog is so bad, why don't we just scratch any dog that backs another dog? Maybe that will be the next rule change in 2021.
And to get rid of the babbling dogs we could scratch any dog that opened on track.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-07-2019 04:24 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Hey if the dog can't handle tracks and isn't quick just make him a 100% dead loaner. No competition, nothing to worry about he will win his share even if he can't run a track.

It works.

Old Post 09-07-2019 05:02 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdc
UKC Forum Member

Maybe they just need to be taught to cover quicker like at 1:59. LOL

Home of
'PR' Nt CH PKC Ch Rack EM UP Hype
'PR' Hammer Down Ricky Bobby
'PR' Trash Route Tiny
Co-owner Tyler Gilkey

Old Post 09-07-2019 05:06 AM
jdc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdc Click here to Send jdc a Private Message Click Here to Email jdc Find more posts by jdc Add jdc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
If a dog that backs another dog is so bad, why don't we just scratch any dog that backs another dog? Maybe that will be the next rule change in 2021.
And to get rid of the babbling dogs we could scratch any dog that opened on track.

Richard only attend those Purina all red dog hunts and you will have loads of fun because everybody’s dog will be just like yours and you won’t have any walker dogs there to beat you and upset you.

Tarbaby

Old Post 09-07-2019 05:19 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G.W. Harring
UKC Forum Member

quote:

I may be wrong here, but as I understand it the people who voted on the new rules and those who support them don't all feel that a dog backing another dog is so bad. They still get points on a coon that is already been treed...if they are an under 2 minute backer that is.
But after 2 mins they are considered "slow to get treed" on an already treed coon and they only get 25 points. And any dog that rolls in after 3 mins on a treed coon are either REALLY slow or just a Mee Too dog and THEN they draw minus. That's the way I understand it anyway.

As far as the babblers.....I say give'm all equal strike points. Better yet, equal strike points AND only give points for 1st tree!! That takes care of the barkers and the backers and promotes the best coondog.
Oh my goodness, then you could only win by having the fastest track dog and the most accurate. JMO

402-209-5053

Old Post 09-07-2019 05:20 AM
G.W. Harring is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G.W. Harring Click here to Send G.W. Harring a Private Message Find more posts by G.W. Harring Add G.W. Harring to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:

In your own famous words oh my goodness!
Just what time frame if you were writing rules would you give a dog to cover the dog that treed a coon first and the fastest? I can see that you don't think 3 minutes is long enough just how long do you think is?

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-07-2019 06:56 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Kash fell asleep while we were hunting so I did some math for you Richard.
A dog that runs at 1 mph will cover 1,760 yards in 1 hour, 29.3 in a minute, 87. 9 in 3 minutes. Many dogs run at double digit speeds on average but for the sake of argument let's keep it at a slower pace. A dog running at 7 mph will go 615.3 yards in 3 minutes. If a dog is going 7 mph slower and 615.3 yards and 3 minutes behind the leader of the pack how many points should he receive for treeing with the 1st dog there?

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 09-07-2019 07:26 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

If you think that it is okay to have a dog come in to a tree that a dog has already been treed on for 3 minutes your opinion is not valid on anything related to competition coon hunting rules.

Old Post 09-07-2019 09:12 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cole run
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Kash fell asleep while we were hunting so I did some math for you Richard.
A dog that runs at 1 mph will cover 1,760 yards in 1 hour, 29.3 in a minute, 87. 9 in 3 minutes. Many dogs run at double digit speeds on average but for the sake of argument let's keep it at a slower pace. A dog running at 7 mph will go 615.3 yards in 3 minutes. If a dog is going 7 mph slower and 615.3 yards and 3 minutes behind the leader of the pack how many points should he receive for treeing with the 1st dog there?

I can’t wait to hear the kings reply on this

Old Post 09-07-2019 11:44 AM
cole run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cole run Click here to Send cole run a Private Message Find more posts by cole run Add cole run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

I can't wait to hear how you can walk 15 minutes out on the leash with 2 dogs treed and 1 on track at a AO and it's A ok?

Old Post 09-07-2019 01:22 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pamjohnson
I can't wait to hear how you can walk 15 minutes out on the leash with 2 dogs treed and 1 on track at a AO and it's A ok?
If you feel secure about your score it’s your option is my opinion.

Old Post 09-07-2019 01:59 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chad spencer
UKC Forum Member

And so it begins. Took longer than I figured for the bashing of Dalton and Shack to start. People need to grow up not everyone deserves a trophy

Old Post 09-07-2019 02:14 PM
Chad spencer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chad spencer Click here to Send Chad spencer a Private Message Find more posts by Chad spencer Add Chad spencer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Chad spencer
And so it begins. Took longer than I figured for the bashing of Dalton and Shack to start. People need to grow up not everyone deserves a trophy
Am telling you. Be happy for the guy. If people would hunt like him an his family they could walk the last 15 too. Smart fella if you ask me.

Old Post 09-07-2019 02:31 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Read the rules, two dogs treed, one trailing, he had the option to either cut or leave the dog on the lead, he chose to leave him on the lead.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Old Post 09-07-2019 02:32 PM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chad spencer
UKC Forum Member

Very good family. Have known them for years. Don’t understand why people can’t just be happy for others. And not start drama

Old Post 09-07-2019 02:37 PM
Chad spencer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chad spencer Click here to Send Chad spencer a Private Message Find more posts by Chad spencer Add Chad spencer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jdc
UKC Forum Member

Why would Dalton recut he was going to win without treeing another one it was his best option and a good handling move. If you don't understand that then you don't understand the current rule structure. I would also say it remains to be seen if recuts next year will be an option or if they will be mandatory.

Home of
'PR' Nt CH PKC Ch Rack EM UP Hype
'PR' Hammer Down Ricky Bobby
'PR' Trash Route Tiny
Co-owner Tyler Gilkey

Old Post 09-07-2019 03:16 PM
jdc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdc Click here to Send jdc a Private Message Click Here to Email jdc Find more posts by jdc Add jdc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Chad spencer
....... Don’t understand why people can’t just be happy for others. And not start drama....

There you go Mr Run, there is your answer.

Jen, in my country, no dog trails in double digits. They do good to go 3-4 mph unless they are running a deer or bear. And don't believe everything your Garmin tells you. Get in a four wheeler and try to drive through the woods at 10 mph the next time that you are just sitting there figuring. Then just imagine a dog going that fast and working a track at the same time.
But I am on your side now. If a dog backs another dog at any time they should just be scratched. I know that the Rules committee gave them 3 minutes this year but since dogs can't tell time or don't carry a stopwatch, it might as well be 1 minute. As has been pointed out by others, everyone will now just have to break their dogs from backing period. Apparantly, that is what the majority wants to see. Either get/train an independent to a fault dog (sorry, I just can't quit calling it a fault) or quit comp hunting. I guess that we all have until Jan 1st to decide which it will be.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 09-07-2019 at 04:53 PM

Old Post 09-07-2019 03:22 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
In your own famous words oh my goodness!
Just what time frame if you were writing rules would you give a dog to cover the dog that treed a coon first and the fastest? I can see that you don't think 3 minutes is long enough just how long do you think is?

I think that 3 minutes is OK, but a graduated countdown like they have in PKC is better. If you read what I have posted, you would see that my problem is "assigning" tree points and then minusing them and the strike points. Several of my dogs don't like to tree with another dog that beats them to a tree. They will look all around and finally back the other dog. While I would prefer they tree first and about half of the time they do, I don't have a problem with them eventually backing the other dog. In my area, there is usually only one coon to tree and they can't just go on and find another one. Only getting 0 or 25 tree points won't put them completely out of the hunt but getting 75-50 and their strike minused will.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 09-07-2019 at 04:55 PM

Old Post 09-07-2019 03:30 PM
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

If they ain't there within three mins they need minused but I'm not sure about -75. If all they get at 2:59 is 25 don't seem right to give them 75 at 3:01.

Old Post 09-07-2019 03:30 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pigsit
Read the rules, two dogs treed, one trailing, he had the option to either cut or leave the dog on the lead, he chose to leave him on the lead.
that's just it I don't know the rules on that situation.
Let's hear where and what rule that is.be cause I never knew this could be done.

Bashing no
I'm I ignorant of the rules? Maybe

Old Post 09-07-2019 05:42 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
that's just it I don't know the rules on that situation.
Let's hear where and what rule that is.be cause I never knew this could be done.

Rule 11 b. Handlers have the option to hold onto or release dogs so long as at least one dog is not declared treed.

Old Post 09-07-2019 05:59 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

I'm with Richard on this. Count down is fine 3 min is fine. Think both was needed rules. But I dont like minus dog that cover after 3 min both ways for 2 reasons. 1 a dog that is treed and recut has to be real broke not to cover another dig treed close and I think a man shouldnt have break his dog not cover if he chooses. Makes pleasure hunt same dog you comp hunt harder for older people and kids. After all if your dog treed for 125 and dog cover and get 25 minus that giving you minimum 150 over covering dog. Second reason is lots young guys just starting out dont have dog skills train dog not cover or even have another dog to train there's with not cover. Lots young guys goin get discouraged when they eat big chunk of minus all time.

Here what I believe rule should be anything covers on dead tree coon, slick or circle delete strike give them 25 minus simple easy and seems more fair.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 09-07-2019 06:20 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I look at it different I guess. If my dog is on a separate coon than the other dogs it should go on and tree it no matter what they are doing. If my dog is on the same coon as the others I promise you if my dog ain’t in front it’s going to be right behind and crowding the one that is.

That’s just plain old high caliber competition. You wanna race get a race car.

Tar

Old Post 09-07-2019 06:32 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Here is another scenario. Say Dog A is treed and scored, then recast after Dog B is treed thru the country. Dog A is struck back in for next available on a different track but drops that track and gets to Dog B's tree before the cast gets there. Currently Dog A would have a line under it's strike and it would not become live to minus it's strike points. Now Dog A will at least get minus points on the tree at next available (or 25 depending on how UKC words it and interprets it).

Old Post 09-07-2019 06:33 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
That’s just plain old high caliber competition. You wanna race get a race car.
Tar

Tarbaby, can you drive a race car on the street?
It looks like I only have 3 more months to comp hunt and then I might as well quit and just pleasure hunt.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 09-07-2019 at 06:45 PM

Old Post 09-07-2019 06:40 PM