UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Have ? On night hunt
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
damon shivers
UKC Forum Member

Have ? On night hunt

4 dog cast dogs tree 7:50 gone on tree and one guy finds coon in plain sight but guy says here it is. 8 gone before at least 3 guys get there to see coon. Hows it scored?

Nitech Ch PR Shivers Magic Lead-MagicXHooker
Breeder and handler and half owner of Nitech Grch Grwch Grfch PR Rock Acres Brutus HTX sire MagicXShelly
Cali- Ch Wch Grnite Shivers Magic Buckeye x Dual Grand Tuff

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-22-2019 04:05 AM
damon shivers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for damon shivers Click here to Send damon shivers a Private Message Find more posts by damon shivers Add damon shivers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

Not what you want to hear and not that I like it either BUT, circle points.

Old Post 08-22-2019 05:48 AM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bill(Chew)
Not what you want to hear and not that I like it either BUT, circle points.

Yep,

Guys can purposely delay a cast and tell here it is right before the 8 is up. Coon has to be seen by a majority of the cast before the 8 min mark.

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 08-22-2019 03:28 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

And guys can drag their feet about getting to where they can see the coon until the 8 is up. It can go either way. But you do have to have an arbritary limit or cutoff.

Old Post 08-22-2019 04:39 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Have ? On night hunt

quote:
Originally posted by damon shivers
4 dog cast dogs tree 7:50 gone on tree and one guy finds coon in plain sight but guy says here it is. 8 gone before at least 3 guys get there to see coon. Hows it scored?

So did just the one see it or 2? How did the remaining cast members vote to score the tree?

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 08-22-2019 05:32 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coal295
UKC Forum Member

Score

If I'm one of the 4 in the cast and I see the coon with my own eyes and I know for fact the guy( whoever he is) saw it and yelled that he had it before the 8 I'm gonna try to score that coon. If it hurts me or helps me either way, I feel it's the honest way. If the other cast members dont feel that way then nothing I can do, but I dont lose any sleep. If its found after the 8 then too bad, but if its found in plain sight before the 8 then I'm gonna vote to plus it. If i see people dragging their butts trying not to see it then I lose respect for those people. I hate when handlers try to win casts instead of letting their dogs do the work!

Old Post 08-22-2019 06:43 PM
Coal295 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Coal295 Click here to Send Coal295 a Private Message Click Here to Email Coal295 Find more posts by Coal295 Add Coal295 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Re: Have ? On night hunt

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
So did just the one see it or 2? How did the remaining cast members vote to score the tree?

The reason I ask is that if 2 of the 4 did not see it then the tree is scored with however the majority votes. If 2 vote to plus and 2 vote to circle then it is circled. Now if 2 vote to plus and 2 vote to minus the rules do not say what to do, I know it cannot be plus points because a majority has to see it within the 8 unless a non-hunting judge is used. I would think delete but my rules expert isn't here. Maybe UKC or some other "expert" can fill us in.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 08-22-2019 07:23 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Have ? On night hunt

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
The reason I ask is that if 2 of the 4 did not see it then the tree is scored with however the majority votes. If 2 vote to plus and 2 vote to circle then it is circled. Now if 2 vote to plus and 2 vote to minus the rules do not say what to do, I know it cannot be plus points because a majority has to see it within the 8 unless a non-hunting judge is used. I would think delete but my rules expert isn't here. Maybe UKC or some other "expert" can fill us in.

Your answers are on the scorecard

CIRCLE
5 (c)If half the cast votes to plus and half the cast votes to minus "OR" circle a tree

DELETE
5 ( d)If half te cast votes to circle and half the cast votes to minus

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 08-22-2019 at 08:56 PM

Old Post 08-22-2019 08:46 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gpent24
UKC Forum Member

I have found coons later in the 8 minutes but i think that's part of the sport. Is finding your coon quickly. If you haven't found a coon in "plain sight" in 7:50 then that's on the handlers. I understand one that won't look or something again but not in plain sight.

Old Post 08-22-2019 08:50 PM
gpent24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gpent24 Click here to Send gpent24 a Private Message Click Here to Email gpent24 Find more posts by gpent24 Add gpent24 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Have ? On night hunt

quote:
Originally posted by Pat Bizich
Your answers are on the scorecard

CIRCLE
5 (c)If half the cast votes to plus and half the cast votes to minus "OR" circle a tree

DELETE
5 ( d)If half te cast votes to circle and half the cast votes to minus

The scorecard reads different than the rules then. This is copied and pasted directly from downloadable rule book.

NITE HUNTS
54 Official UKC Coonhound Rulebook Official UKC Coonhound Rulebook 55
5. CIRCLED AND DELETED POINTS
Circle points:
(c) If half the cast votes to plus and half the cast
votes to circle a tree.

Delete points:
(e) If half the cast votes to circle and half the cast
votes to minus a tree.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 08-22-2019 09:20 PM
Pat Bizich
Banned

OOPS .Your right .Had the wrong card on top that was before they condensed the card down to save space.
Here is were they changed it officially in Coon hound Advisor.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 08-22-2019 at 10:59 PM

Old Post 08-22-2019 10:14 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Pat Bizich
OOPS .Your right .Had the wrong card on top that was before they condensed the card down to save space.
Here is were they changed it officially in Coon hound Advisor.

https://postimg.cc/67W1V2HJ

Wouldn't it be nice if all the rules created that are in the advisor are actually in the rules.
Cheyenne knew it but so many people do not hunt in as many hunts as some of y'all do not to mention the new comers and kids. The online advisor only goes back so far and some of the old books have things that are obsolete with newer rule changes and UKC changes. Some MOH still try to tell people they can't hunt a dog with pup papers which is still found online in the advisor but a more resent one says you can.
So this is another to add to the list. Driving to tree rules, cages and enclosures delete no matter what is in them or not in them and how to score tie votes on half plus half minus. I'm sure there are many more.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 08-22-2019 10:30 PM