UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > how would you score the me tooers
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Boy you sure are hoytie toytie today. I am ok with a dog getting minused for coming in to a coon late. I am not ok a dog getting circled for coming in to off game late. I want mine to tree his own coon but if he ain't got one going I want him to get some of your coon if your dog is faster then mine on 5 coons I expect him to be on all 5 with your dog in he can't find one of his own.

Tarbaby

I dont care about what you old buzzards are arguing about this morning it be something different this afternoon. But I do want know what hoytie toytie means. I might want call someone that later. Lol

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-19-2019 05:30 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Richard, my guys like the idea of points being deleted. Please tell my why on earth you would advocate anything getting circle points that could later bite you on a tie breaker? Also, why would you advocate for a dog that comes in and blows down on a possum to be exempt from being scratched when in every other situation, including on time outs, it is punished not circled? This has nothing to do with breeding for or training independent dogs it is dogs that weren't doing what they were as supposed to do in being at that tree within 5 minutes. Arrive in time.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 02-19-2019 05:37 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Oh and Richard they see allowing it to be deleted minding their own biscuits, the circle thing gets lumps in the gravy. Any cook worth their salt doesn't like it when one goes to messing with the gravy.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 02-19-2019 05:43 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Why do you care if my gravy is lumpy? I am the one that has to eat it. My wife makes lumpy gravy all of the time and I don't say a word. I just eat it. Are you saying that a dog that comes in after the cast gets there to see what is going on should get scratched just like the dog that actually treed the possum? I don't have a problem with deleting the points. I just don't think they should be minused. Actually, I usually forget and delete them because that is what I am used to.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 02-19-2019 at 06:09 PM

Old Post 02-19-2019 06:07 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
.... Any cook worth their salt doesn't like it when one goes to messing with the gravy.....

Doesn't that apply to coonhunters and their rules also?

Old Post 02-19-2019 06:11 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Why do you care if my gravy is lumpy? I am the one that has to eat it. My wife makes lumpy gravy all of the time and I don't say a word. I just eat it. Are you saying that a dog that comes in after the cast gets there to see what is going on should get scratched just like the dog that actually treed the possum? I don't have a problem with deleting the points. I just don't think they should be minused. Actually, I usually forget and delete them because that is what I am used to.

Smart guy to eat that gravy!
And yes I'm saying that if a dog shows treed on or grabs a hold of a possum and he is in a champions cast it should be scratched for molesting off game regardless of if the judge has arrived or not. The "saved by the judge" rule is the only time during the duration of a hunt including time outs that it gets an exemption. Now if the dog comes into the handler and does not tree or have interest in one on the ground, a hole ect it should not be scratched.
Circle points for said behavior is ridiculous and even with Allen's explanation I'm still not sure what they were thinking by giving circle points.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 02-19-2019 06:24 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Phenix
I dont care about what you old buzzards are arguing about

But I do want know what hoytie toytie means.....

I think that "hoytie toytie" means the same thing as " high falootin". I would rather be called hoytie toytie than an old buzzard.

Old Post 02-19-2019 06:27 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Hoytie toytie means pain in the rump !!

Just sayen

Tarbaby

Old Post 02-19-2019 06:30 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, that isn't what Google says. But I guess that you are a lot smarter than the Google girl.

Old Post 02-19-2019 08:53 PM
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Tarbaby, that isn't what Google says. But I guess that you are a lot smarter than the Google girl.

I knew you would look it up lol ! Better her to tell you about you than me to tell you about you lol.

Tarbaby

Old Post 02-19-2019 09:05 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jon Walz
UKC Forum Member

quote:
If you don't want your dog to come into a tree just train him not to. It isn't that hard. And that is fine.
If you don't care if your dog comes into a tree, then don't worry about it. That is fine also.
The problem arises when one handler doesn't like how another handler's dog operates. My Goodness, it is his dog. Why would you care what another dog does? If he doesn't care if his dog comes into a tree being scored, why would someone else? If everyone just worried about their own biscuits then life would be groovy.

Best post I've seen in a while.

I don't understand why people get so fired up about getting beat by a so called "Me too'r". They can't beat you if you have 1st and 1st on a real coon.
Heck I get beat all the time. Makes me strive to get a better dog. I'm happy if the others want to "Me too" off of mine... JMO

High Scoring Bluetick male at the 2014 World Hunt
King of hunt @ 2015 Bluetick Reunion

GRNITECH 'PR' Walz' Queen of Coontree Music (GRNITECH PR' Nashoba Valley Piazon X GRNITECH CH PR' B&D"s Blue Queen)
2015 Wisconsin State Champion
2015 Badger State Champion
2016 Wisconsin State Champion

GRNITECH 'PR' Walz' Coontree Twilite Mercy (GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Blue Creek Gauge x GRNITECH 'PR' B&D's Blue Queen)

GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Walz Coontree Rebecca (GRNITECH 'PR' Walz Coontree Joker x GRNITECH 'PR' Walz Coontree Queen)

GONE BUT WILL NEVER FORGET:
GRCH NITECH 'PR' Walz' Coontree Melody

Old Post 02-19-2019 09:29 PM
Jon Walz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jon Walz Click here to Send Jon Walz a Private Message Click Here to Email Jon Walz Find more posts by Jon Walz Add Jon Walz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Walz
Best post I've seen in a while.

I don't understand why people get so fired up about getting beat by a so called "Me too'r". They can't beat you if you have 1st and 1st on a real coon.
Heck I get beat all the time. Makes me strive to get a better dog. I'm happy if the others want to "Me too" off of mine... JMO

A me too dog doesn't just follow one dog around. It goes from tree to tree who ever is making them. 50 and 75 on my tree and then 50 and 75 on your tree beats us both. I watched a bluetick female win the TX state hunt by going from my dogs tree to another guys trees all night. We both treed 3 coon apiece. She got a part of all 6 of them and never treed the first coon.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 02-19-2019 11:14 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness Michael, you need to change the rules so that your super independant dog can win. And then everyone would have to get a dog that you approve of.

Old Post 02-19-2019 11:21 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Figured along time ago if I want to change the rules, change the agreement or change the contract its going to be in my benefit.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 02-20-2019 12:32 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
A me too dog doesn't just follow one dog around. It goes from tree to tree who ever is making them. 50 and 75 on my tree and then 50 and 75 on your tree beats us both. I watched a bluetick female win the TX state hunt by going from my dogs tree to another guys trees all night. We both treed 3 coon apiece. She got a part of all 6 of them and never treed the first coon.
Dem blueticks ain't too fast afoot but day sho is smart.

Old Post 02-20-2019 01:21 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
Dem blueticks ain't too fast afoot but day sho is smart.

Sounds like those me tooers are pretty slick...so the real question....

How can you tell the difference between a me tooer and a good hound honoring a coonhound at the tree?

Sounds like a win win...🤔

Old Post 02-20-2019 01:42 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

I will try and be serious and not so sarcastic , for a while , some folks are a little touchy feely , but to the question I have seen very few real # me too dogs in a while most of the dogs we are talking about probably will not tonight or any other night strike , trail and tree their own coon by themselves , hot or cold. Most will not tree at all or they are JUST tree grabbers , And I agree with Tar and the Mafia Clan , scratch em if there is off game just like plus if there is a coon , delete but no circle I can live with that , but I ain't whoopin mine for a BobCat ever those are some real fun tracks. LOL And some of it could be the perception of handler/owner some guys and gals want a dog that hunts 15 -20 mph some are OK with 1-8. Now will the 1-8 mph dog win yes sometimes they will. But there is no doubt that the advantage will go to the 15-20 mph. A 1-2 hour competition hunt is not a very good indicator of any dog 30 nights in a row is especially in January or August. And I am not trying to offend anyone whatsoever. Oh and after a consult since we have cut the hunt times in half lets cut the minus points before being scratched in half as well to 200 minus instead of 400.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Last edited by Chuck Allen on 02-20-2019 at 02:31 AM

Old Post 02-20-2019 01:42 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Oh my goodness Michael, you need to change the rules so that your super independant dog can win. And then everyone would have to get a dog that you approve of.

My dog is not super independent but if it covers late it doesn't deserve 75 and neither does anyone else. They are asking for 2 min, if the dog had anything to do with treeing the coon it will be there faster than that. If it didn't then it doesn't deserve anything, but they are going to give it 25 anyway. I'm not trying to change other peoples dog. I'm just trying to make what is in my opinion a bad rule better.

You tell me honestly Richard, did a dog that trees 2 min after the first dog have anything to do with finding the tree the coon was in?

Home Of:

Old Post 02-20-2019 05:06 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:

You tell me honestly Richard, did a dog that trees 2 min after the first dog have anything to do with finding the tree the coon was in?

Dag A, B and dog C run a track. Dog A gets treed 2 minutes faster. Dog B is a little slower on this track and gets treed second after 2 minutes. Dog C doesn't like to back and searches all around but can't find another coon so he backs Dogs A and B after 4 minutes. Now Dog A gets 125 for treeing first. Why shouldn't Dog B and C get 75 and 50 points?
If a football quarterback hands the football off to a running back and the running back scores a touchdown, should the quarterback get any credit? A basketball player dribbles the ball down the court but passes the ball to another player who shoots a basket. Shouldn't the player who brought the ball down the court get credit? If 2 dogs both work a track together but one of them is a quicker tree dog, shouldn't the other dog get credit for treeing second? What if one dog works a track down to the end and finds the tree but checks to make sure. Meanwhile another dog just tags along and "steals" the tree.
The "new" emphasis is on getting treed. No one wants to wait any more. No one has any patience. No one wants to hear a dog trail. It is all about getting treed. Give the tree dog 125 and the track dogs 25. See where that leads. People breed for winners.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 02-20-2019 at 02:04 PM

Old Post 02-20-2019 02:00 PM
yadkintar
Banned

If your happy with 50 tree points I guess I will let you have it on every tree. Kinda like the fat kid on the track team ain't doing much ain't fast but they let him participate anyway lol.

Tar

Old Post 02-20-2019 02:13 PM
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

I like and agree with the 2 minute tree rule, I feel if a dog really helped on that track it'll be there long before 2minutes have expired. A dog treed 2nd at 4:50 shouldn't be rewarded the same as a dog treed 2nd @ 30 seconds IMO. Also I feel a dog coming into tree after cast has arrived should be deleted, I'm not saying to punish them with minus, (even tho pleasure hunting, mines in trouble if he pulls this) but we surely shouldn't be helping them out, there's no way that should be circled. A dog treed on a nice big den and a dog coming into the cast at a tree shouldn't be scored in the same manner IMO, and that's how it's currently done, there's nothing that dog done by coming in there that deserves circle points. Any other time a dog comes into you in a hunt, he's minused so I'd say deleting him in this situation is giving him a big enough break.

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Last edited by jkidd1 on 02-20-2019 at 02:19 PM

Old Post 02-20-2019 02:16 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Richard, if dog B is 2 minutes behind on the track then he had absolutely nothing to do with treeing the coon. Heck if I was within 200 yards I could be at the tree before dog B.

Home Of:

Old Post 02-20-2019 03:54 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

If my dog got to the tree after 2 minutes, I would hope he wasn't on the same track.

Old Post 02-20-2019 04:05 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:

My point exactly, if this bluetick would've gotten 25 points for the trees she backed on then she wouldn't have won. For me it has zero to do with what I'm packing for dog power or my preferences in dogs. It has to do with simple math and putting Honor in the the rules just like the name of them HONOR rules.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 02-20-2019 05:19 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65
My point exactly, if this bluetick would've gotten 25 points for the trees she backed on then she wouldn't have won. For me it has zero to do with what I'm packing for dog power or my preferences in dogs. It has to do with simple math and putting Honor in the the rules just like the name of them HONOR rules.

I don’t have a dog in this race...but in the grand scheme of things...or when looking at the big picture...the rules should be made for promoting good hunting dogs and minimizing the chances for a me too dog to win...otherwise folks that have plenty of money or anyone else can win with these dogs and then they get bred because of titles and the cycle never gets broken...

Old Post 02-20-2019 05:41 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote