UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Pole barn dog kennels
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jmyers8
UKC Forum Member

Pole barn dog kennels

I'm betting ready to redo kennels through the summer and getting a game plan to see what others may have I'm building a pile barn 24 ft wide and 24 or 32 feet wide. The entire length will have a covered porch the hole way down and the last 8 ft of the porch is going to be closed into the garage. That area is where the dog houses will be and the kennels under the porch. The area I'm trying to figure out is they will have insulated metal houses in the garage but want a way to have there food and water in the barn so I dknt have to go out and feed them. I lmao thinking some small chain like or framing between the barn wall and house that I can flip open or something. Anyone got anything similar they can send pics to its gonna be 3 dog runs.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-23-2019 12:18 AM
Jmyers8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jmyers8 Click here to Send Jmyers8 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jmyers8 Find more posts by Jmyers8 Add Jmyers8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

I built kennels inside of a 24' x 30' divided part of our 60' pole barn. I used horse panels framed on 2x4's. The panels are holding up extremely well. I'd recommend them instead of chain link.

Old Post 02-23-2019 03:48 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

This guy does a lot of cool things in this video

https://youtu.be/9ezf7iwrwSI

Old Post 02-23-2019 05:41 PM
Nick B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick B Click here to Send Nick B a Private Message Find more posts by Nick B Add Nick B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jmyers8
UKC Forum Member

That is quite the set up. I have all mine figured out except for how I'm gonna do the indoor feed and water area

Old Post 02-23-2019 09:16 PM
Jmyers8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jmyers8 Click here to Send Jmyers8 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jmyers8 Find more posts by Jmyers8 Add Jmyers8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POTOMAC
UKC Forum Member

Make sure you put bubble wrap under metal roof , it makes a 15-20 temp different

Old Post 02-24-2019 11:44 PM
POTOMAC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POTOMAC Click here to Send POTOMAC a Private Message Find more posts by POTOMAC Add POTOMAC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jmyers8
UKC Forum Member

Bubble wrap is on the list for sure.

Old Post 02-25-2019 01:40 AM