UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > X-Bred > Looking for pointer X walker stud
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sy Sparks
UKC Forum Member

Looking for pointer X walker stud

I have posted before looking for a pup and interested in a hound X GSP cross but for some reason it got deleted. Would like to breed to one or buy a pup from a cross like this.

765-667-8464

Check me out on Facebook

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-03-2014 12:39 AM
Sy Sparks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sy Sparks Click here to Send Sy Sparks a Private Message Find more posts by Sy Sparks Add Sy Sparks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Just Wondering but what does a Pointer bring to the Cross ??

540-421-2875

PR, Saltlick's Blue Misty Linga "Bluetick Coonhound"

French X American Hounds

Old Post 10-03-2014 02:30 PM
Majestic Tree H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majestic Tree H Click here to Send Majestic Tree H a Private Message Click Here to Email Majestic Tree H Visit Majestic Tree H's homepage! Find more posts by Majestic Tree H Add Majestic Tree H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sy Sparks
UKC Forum Member

agility like none other
winding lay ups
hunting style, none of this blow through the county passing up coons
and less likely to just grab a tree

word on the street is that most blue dogs have GSP in them

Check me out on Facebook

Old Post 10-03-2014 09:36 PM
Sy Sparks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sy Sparks Click here to Send Sy Sparks a Private Message Find more posts by Sy Sparks Add Sy Sparks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kennyray8
UKC Forum Member

GDP

You are correct SI, I have walkers and one GSP. GSP can do everything bar none best dog ever bred. I haven't crossed them but I have thought about it.

Old Post 10-04-2014 03:58 PM
Kennyray8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kennyray8 Click here to Send Kennyray8 a Private Message Click Here to Email Kennyray8 Find more posts by Kennyray8 Add Kennyray8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sy Sparks
UKC Forum Member

What are the blood lines on them?

Check me out on Facebook

Old Post 10-05-2014 01:48 PM
Storm99
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sy Sparks
agility like none other
winding lay ups
hunting style, none of this blow through the county passing up coons
and less likely to just grab a tree

word on the street is that most blue dogs have GSP in them

Walker huntin like a Blutick
But with more GO!
I'd like to own or experiment with one.

Pin point exactly where he's at!

My little Bluetick female has some history behind her. She I think might have that little winding ability. I have a video I will have to dig up! But she is one of those that with age aint gonna say anything at all on track, she's gonna get that head up and start checkin trees. at 4 months 5 months old I would make 100 yrd drags along the katy trail with corn or bean fields on both sides. She would throw her head and wind all the time and would find it, locate it and is going to be a every breathe chop mouth treedog if that dont change, she should be a nice little female.

Old Post 10-06-2014 05:12 PM
Storm99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Storm99 Click here to Send Storm99 a Private Message Click Here to Email Storm99 Find more posts by Storm99 Add Storm99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Storm99
UKC Forum Member

I think this is it

She's a 1 1/2 now

Last edited by Storm99 on 10-06-2014 at 05:23 PM

Old Post 10-06-2014 05:18 PM
Storm99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Storm99 Click here to Send Storm99 a Private Message Click Here to Email Storm99 Find more posts by Storm99 Add Storm99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

If I would "ever dream" of going a pointer route .. This is the only one I would use " Bracco Italiano "

http://www.thebraccoclub.org/

But I'm Getting much more nose, winding, movement and conformation from the Pure French Hounds , The Grand Gasconge de Saintongeois and the Grand Blu de Gasconge ..

These I can Prove is in the American Blueticks and English Coon Hounds we have today and I wouldn't doubt its in the Treeing Walkers too or the French tri color

These French Hounds were a Big part of our Lines

My French x American Hound about the same as the above hounds .

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Last edited by Majestic Tree H on 10-06-2014 at 06:22 PM

Old Post 10-06-2014 06:13 PM
Majestic Tree H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majestic Tree H Click here to Send Majestic Tree H a Private Message Click Here to Email Majestic Tree H Visit Majestic Tree H's homepage! Find more posts by Majestic Tree H Add Majestic Tree H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Storm99
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Majestic Tree H
If I would "ever dream" of going a pointer route .. This is the only one I would use " Bracco Italiano "

http://www.thebraccoclub.org/

But I'm Getting much more nose, winding, movement and conformation from the Pure French Hounds , The Grand Gasconge de Saintongeois and the Grand Blu de Gasconge ..

These I can Prove is in the American Blueticks and English Coon Hounds we have today and I wouldn't doubt its in the Treeing Walkers too or the French tri color

These French Hounds were a Big part of our Lines

My French x American Hound about the same as the above hounds .

INTRESTING
I'm 26 and could use a little more info.
French hounds? Never heard of them? Assuming they are a walker breed? Or totally different. CLOVER I bet?

Old Post 10-06-2014 09:02 PM
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

No they are Hound breeds Much Much Older than our Breeds .

And They Come Directly from " France " (The Country)

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Old Post 10-06-2014 10:22 PM
Storm99
UKC Forum Member

btt

Its catchin my attention.
So far like what I see in the French hound.

Old Post 10-06-2014 11:10 PM
Sy Sparks
UKC Forum Member

Storm, I like that blue female.

Majestic, will these hounds tree?

Check me out on Facebook

Old Post 10-07-2014 01:18 AM
Storm99
UKC Forum Member

btt

There will be alot of people like her after this kill season. She is gonna be a nice one, and I mean its taken 11 yrs to find a blufemale like this one. Blueticks aint like a walker, you cant just walk up to the litter and just pick one. Plus I know the history, hunt style and a very good friend of mine owned the litter and we are partners on her.

Slim Pickin and Bluetickin, isnt that what it's called?
I've done my fiar share of the pickin, now I'm Blutickin!LOL

Old Post 10-07-2014 02:04 PM
Sy Sparks
UKC Forum Member

I'm just waitin for that walker X GSP cross.

Check me out on Facebook

Old Post 10-08-2014 01:03 PM
americanoutlaw
UKC Forum Member

i hate to date myself but if you look at old cooners and old full crys you will see bunchs of the pointer cross. i waited every month to get my mags to read the cass walker ads to see what real coon dog where and what i would have to save up to get one !!!!! mike

Old Post 10-08-2014 03:30 PM
americanoutlaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for americanoutlaw Click here to Send americanoutlaw a Private Message Click Here to Email americanoutlaw Find more posts by americanoutlaw Add americanoutlaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sy Sparks
UKC Forum Member

Most people are breeding curs to the GSPs I'm looking for a walker GSP cross

Check me out on Facebook

Old Post 10-08-2014 06:20 PM
Sugar ridgeline
UKC Forum Member

xbreed

I saw a man cross an English female on a pointer bird dog just to prove that it would work. Those pups were running coons to catch them before they were a year old. Granted his female won all over the country, he wanted something that could run a track fast and keep its head up while running. They didn't have big mouths but they could burn a track up. Two of them were single registered and done some winning in PKC hunts. Both died young though one was hit by a car during a hunt that he was winning by 350+, and the other was killed by a snare trap. Breed a well balanced coon treeing female to a hard hunting pointer and you will be surprised, I know I was

Old Post 10-10-2014 12:29 AM
Sugar ridgeline is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugar ridgeline Click here to Send Sugar ridgeline a Private Message Find more posts by Sugar ridgeline Add Sugar ridgeline to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sy Sparks
UKC Forum Member

I had a good male walker and a good female GSP lined up but in the run was gona cost me about 900 to make it happen. Plus I would of been stuck with the GSP and all I want is a pup. Or to find a good male to cross on my female cur. I hunt squirrels and coons and like that versatility and looking for exactly what you just described.

Check me out on Facebook

Old Post 10-10-2014 02:16 AM
VONK9
UKC Forum Member

I had done the same thing had a male malker that got with my German shorthaired pointer female was havy rawhide clown but I guys who keep breeding like this and they are the best winding lay up dogs ull find and the good thing with crossing like this is no line breeding like a lot of people do man does this or does the x breed its fresh blood and that's what we need in the hound world

COLD CREEK RAGIN SNOOP

Old Post 10-24-2014 03:16 PM
VONK9 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VONK9 Click here to Send VONK9 a Private Message Find more posts by VONK9 Add VONK9 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sy Sparks
UKC Forum Member

Vonk9, I have a nice male walker if you can find the GSP female we can make it happen. I have tossed the idea around with a lot of people and I could sell all the pups in one phone call. I just want one for myself. Not to many people around here have GSP females. Expect ally one that they well let me breed a walker to.

I have a buddy who just told me he has a female crossed like this and can't but her, she's not even been started yet. This years 2nd place winner of the NKC world hunt is 1/4 walker, 1/4 bird dog and 1/2 cur. I heard he's a tuff squirrel and coon dog. And that's what I'm looking for.

Check me out on Facebook

Old Post 10-25-2014 04:04 AM
Kevin Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Saw a pup the other day that was bred like this. Think it was on big game houndsmen website.

Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Bobcat Bustin Billy

Nt.Ch.Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Coon Slammin Sage

Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Tree Bangin Buddy

Gr.Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Kim's Cat Crazy Maci

'PR' MT Red's Tree Ringin Rhea

(406)564-3061

Old Post 10-25-2014 05:03 AM
Kevin Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin Jackson Click here to Send Kevin Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Kevin Jackson Find more posts by Kevin Jackson Add Kevin Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kevin Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Just checked and the add says 1 male and 1 female left. Sire is a GPS that runs track and trees and the female is a grade TW. The guy's name is Zack and his # is (916) 899-9608.

Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Bobcat Bustin Billy

Nt.Ch.Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Coon Slammin Sage

Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Tree Bangin Buddy

Gr.Ch. 'PR' MT Red's Kim's Cat Crazy Maci

'PR' MT Red's Tree Ringin Rhea

(406)564-3061

Old Post 10-25-2014 05:09 AM
Kevin Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin Jackson Click here to Send Kevin Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Kevin Jackson Find more posts by Kevin Jackson Add Kevin Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sy Sparks
UKC Forum Member

Ya, that would be a Jam Up cross that he has. He lives in CA and I can't get the dog to me.

Check me out on Facebook

Old Post 10-26-2014 12:21 AM
VONK9
UKC Forum Member

Hey bud sorry haven't been on here had a lot going on let me call some my bird hunting buddy's see what they got u can call me some time we will work something out 3175861063

COLD CREEK RAGIN SNOOP

Old Post 10-28-2014 02:35 AM
VONK9 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VONK9 Click here to Send VONK9 a Private Message Find more posts by VONK9 Add VONK9 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manboysransom
UKC Forum Member

Re: Looking for pointer X walker stud

quote:
Originally posted by Sy Sparks
I have posted before looking for a pup and interested in a hound X GSP cross but for some reason it got deleted. Would like to breed to one or buy a pup from a cross like this.

765-667-8464

A friend of mine has a GSP that's got a lot of titles won and has been on the cover of Gun Dog. After reading this post I am thinking of crossing my walker to him and seeing what happens. How hard would it be to get rid of the pups is my concern.

Old Post 11-07-2014 04:17 PM
Manboysransom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manboysransom Click here to Send Manboysransom a Private Message Find more posts by Manboysransom Add Manboysransom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote