UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Do y'all think ole tar should be barred ?
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

You, as a MOH, have a responsibility to make the correct decision/s regarding rule/s questions! Saying you have not even read the advisor, is an open admission that you are defiant to the very rules you are supposed to enforce.A law judge is supposed to be familiar with case law and how certain cases have been decided ! A Moh should also, be familiar with the advisor that cites certain examples and how to properly decide these cases. How can you do your job if you ignore these examples? What you are doing is enacting your interpretation to any question/s that arise and not Ukc's ruling . No law or rule is absolute and must be open to interpretation. Our legal system has case law that we go by and Ukc has the advisor to explain certain cases that everyone should follow. Dave

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-19-2018 04:36 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Tar should be barred from UKC and all public office and should not be allowed in a court of law unless as a defendant

Old Post 02-19-2018 05:07 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elvis
UKC Forum Member

I believe the advisor should be free to all. Never saw another game that if you wanted to play, you had to buy the rules.

SO I have come up with a much cheaper and easier solution. When I'm stumped, I call JiM.

Old Post 02-19-2018 05:16 PM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

When Allen has a question he calls Jim.

Old Post 02-19-2018 05:39 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Who does Jim call?....Tar?

Old Post 02-19-2018 05:43 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Rules

Jim READS the ADVISOR and RULES , just ask him! Now, I am not so sure that Tar can actually read. Lol. Dave

Old Post 02-19-2018 06:11 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
You, as a MOH, have a responsibility to make the correct decision/s regarding rule/s questions! Saying you have not even read the advisor, is an open admission that you are defiant to the very rules you are supposed to enforce.A law judge is supposed to be familiar with case law and how certain cases have been decided ! A Moh should also, be familiar with the advisor that cites certain examples and how to properly decide these cases. How can you do your job if you ignore these examples? What you are doing is enacting your interpretation to any question/s that arise and not Ukc's ruling . No law or rule is absolute and must be open to interpretation. Our legal system has case law that we go by and Ukc has the advisor to explain certain cases that everyone should follow. Dave

Dave in all the years and all the hunts I have officiated you know how many times I have had to ask ukc for help to straitened out a matter at a hunt using just the rules on the scorecard ................ Never call them and ask them !!! As far as I am concerned that adviser just confuses or sugar coats things if you can't put it on the back of the card you don't need it jmo.

Tar

Old Post 02-19-2018 06:11 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

You just do not get the picture Tar, this is not yourgame game or your rules! You do not have the right to decide questiins based on your opinion alone. Ukc has privided you with case examples and the way to decide those cases. You have flaunted the fact that you have neither read or used the Advisor in any decision/s you have made, are you really that anti Ukc? If you are unwilling or incapable of abiding by Ukc's rules and interpretations of said rules, you should remove yourself from a position of trust as a Moh.

Old Post 02-19-2018 06:49 PM
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Re: Tar

quote:
You just do not get the picture Tar, this is not yourgame game or your rules! You do not have the right to decide questiins based on your opinion alone. Ukc has privided you with case examples and the way to decide those cases. You have flaunted the fact that you have neither read or used the Advisor in any decision/s you have made, are you really that anti Ukc? If you are unwilling or incapable of abiding by Ukc's rules and interpretations of said rules, you should remove yourself from a position of trust as a Moh.

X2

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 02-19-2018 06:52 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

You asked the question about being barred, I think you have answered that question! Now, the real question is, will you man up and do the right thing? You are not a team player, by your own admissions, you do not follow the rules and format that Ukc provides. You are your own worst enemy, you should perhaps remain silient and let things be for a while. JS. Dave

Old Post 02-19-2018 07:54 PM
yadkintar
Banned

I go right by the rule book as I have for years you and your little buddy carder buy me an advisor I will read it I love a good novel. You two are quick to judge a man for things you do not do yourself. What do they call that ? Umm it's right on the tip of my tongue? Oh yeah that's it lol.

When y'all taking your test ?

Tar

Old Post 02-19-2018 08:20 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, if you don't need the Advisor then why are you complaining about it?

Old Post 02-19-2018 08:38 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

If you place so much credit on being a MOH, why don't you respect the position? Why do you get on the Ukc board and boast about not ever reading or using the Advisor and never ever needing anything, but the back of a scorecard? You seem to think that you are above any ruling/s made by Ukc in addressing issues that are outside the back of the scorecard format. You remind me of some backwoods judge who thinks they are above the very law they are sworn to uphold. If you are so proud of your Moh license, why won't you do all you can to ensure you are making the right decisions per Ukc rulings. It sounds and looks like you are more interested in playing with what little power that title holds, rather than making the right decision/s. For the record, a club does not need a master of hounds to be successful, they need officers and working members. Dave

Old Post 02-19-2018 08:57 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Well Richard I was going in a certain direction with a little humor before heckle and jeckle chimed in as usual. What ever rules we go by needs to be available and easy to to obtain by everybody while I been laying here sick every day there are questions about things that a moh would know but evidently the hd format has people running hunts that have no qualifications to do so more less just somebody that will set at the club house so how many hd have read the rules and all of the advisor ? That might be why you are having problems at hunts !! Believe me whether you are licensed or not setting in that chair all night ain't much fun and if you are not trained and don't have the information at hand when a problem comes in at 2:00 in the morning it can be miserable. Only advantage I got I hunted in the hunts for years and I have seen the same scenarios over and over and read the rules over and over on the job training is what they call it !!

Tar

Old Post 02-19-2018 08:57 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Dave I refuse to read your bantering any longer you are no better than anyone else on here you get so caught up in you mission that you ruin a topic before it comes to fruit but you never start a topic of your own why ???

Tar

Old Post 02-19-2018 09:04 PM
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Robert

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I go right by the rule book as I have for years you and your little buddy carder buy me an advisor I will read it I love a good novel. You two are quick to judge a man for things you do not do yourself. What do they call that ? Umm it's right on the tip of my tongue? Oh yeah that's it lol.

When y'all taking your test ?

Tar

I actually just got it in the mail. How did you know? Why is it you try to start controversy? I know you just say it like you see it. Well maybe you shouldn’t try and start so much stuff. Give it a rest.
A successful person uses all the tools that can be used. As far as you not needing to use the Adviser you can’t say that. You have never read it. Or maybe when you get on here and see the post that says, “I got cheated”, they are talking about you? It does have a lot of valuable information in it, and some common sense.

I can play the game as good if not better than you. Lol

Phone number 270-820-5560

Last edited by MIKE CARDER on 02-19-2018 at 09:12 PM

Old Post 02-19-2018 09:04 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Humor, you put something out there, asking a question, flauting your disregard of the advisor, and expect no negative feedback! I Now, that is funny, sad part of all this. is you really think that you are right. Why are you the only Moh that gets on here talking such trash? Ask yourself, look in the mirror any maybe you will see the problem. (Maybe, maybe not ) You can take a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. Nuff said. Dave

Last edited by Dave Richards on 02-19-2018 at 09:17 PM

Old Post 02-19-2018 09:14 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Again didn't say I wouldn't read it but if all it does is tell you how to apply the rules here is one for you say you got a four dog cast 2 dogs are treed and scored 2 dogs are deep by time you pull off the tree you cannot hear them by the rules you go back to the last spot you heard them and start the 8 it's their 8 so they can walk it if still not heard you call time they got an hour to catch them and be back where you cut. Then in the advisor I ain't read it but something was said if you drive around and they are tree you split the tree points ? Now that is totally hearsay but if you were an untrained hd at a hunt and mr handler hit you with that one what would you do. That's my point make all this available in the hunt packet or just use the card like we have for years.

Tar

Old Post 02-19-2018 09:26 PM
Mike Knuckols
UKC Forum Member

Have any of you guys ever attended a hunt at Merrietta ? Tar and the guys put on a really well run hunt UKC or $KC ! I like to banter and rib my buddies as much as anyone else and I've not read all his post but it looks like Tar will throw something out there to start a debate / stir the pot and gets more negative personal commentary than should be expected . All this should be proofed . It's no wonder they interest isn't there . On another subject people will pay $300 entry fees in $KC hunts why do you think they don't turn out for Slam events ? You can win more than a yellow slip . Maybe it's the way we attack on this board (not calling anyone in particular). I've noticed something that I respect from CHKC . They call me or text me personally promoting events near me . I'm not expecting Allen to do this but maybe clubs should build a list of hunters and do some networking . Not that some of these post aren't entertaining but it's getting a bit out of hand

Home of :
CH NITECH Whitemans Poison
GRCH NITECH Cold Traxx Extra Man
CH GRNITECH Kings Hardwood Ranger
UKC CH PKC CH CHKC CH Cold Traxx Man Child
GRNTCH PKC CH Hunt it off Bella
Cold Traxx Southern Honey
Cold Traxx Mattie
Cold Traxx Super Freak

Gone but never forgotten :
NITECH McFarlands Joe
Knuckols Hooker
NITECH Cypress River Chance
NITECH Cypress River Honey
NITECH Cypress River Princess
NITECH Newcombs Miss Molly
NITECH Wilsons Hardwood Ann
GRCH GRNTCH Paulding Forrest Bubba

Old Post 02-19-2018 10:21 PM
Mike Knuckols is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Knuckols Click here to Send Mike Knuckols a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Knuckols Find more posts by Mike Knuckols Add Mike Knuckols to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Knuckols
Have any of you guys ever attended a hunt at Merrietta ? Tar and the guys put on a really well run hunt UKC or $KC ! I like to banter and rib my buddies as much as anyone else and I've not read all his post but it looks like Tar will throw something out there to start a debate / stir the pot and gets more negative personal commentary than should be expected . All this should be proofed . It's no wonder they interest isn't there . On another subject people will pay $300 entry fees in $KC hunts why do you think they don't turn out for Slam events ? You can win more than a yellow slip . Maybe it's the way we attack on this board (not calling anyone in particular). I've noticed something that I respect from CHKC . They call me or text me personally promoting events near me . I'm not expecting Allen to do this but maybe clubs should build a list of hunters and do some networking . Not that some of these post aren't entertaining but it's getting a bit out of hand

I bet Mr Tar does put on a good hunt, I would like to attend one someday.

Old Post 02-19-2018 10:28 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Knuckols
UKC Forum Member

They have a really nice facility with fabulous hunting within 10 miles . More spots than guides . They need more people to get involved and I believe they are generating or being inclusive by going after the non sanctioned guys the $kc guys and the UKC guys and maybe they can build an active membership back up . Where I live I think we need to start a chapter where our 4 clubs get together and jointly schedule their hunts no matter the KC . And everyone needs to not compete with the Cystic fibrosis benefit hunt in March

Home of :
CH NITECH Whitemans Poison
GRCH NITECH Cold Traxx Extra Man
CH GRNITECH Kings Hardwood Ranger
UKC CH PKC CH CHKC CH Cold Traxx Man Child
GRNTCH PKC CH Hunt it off Bella
Cold Traxx Southern Honey
Cold Traxx Mattie
Cold Traxx Super Freak

Gone but never forgotten :
NITECH McFarlands Joe
Knuckols Hooker
NITECH Cypress River Chance
NITECH Cypress River Honey
NITECH Cypress River Princess
NITECH Newcombs Miss Molly
NITECH Wilsons Hardwood Ann
GRCH GRNTCH Paulding Forrest Bubba

Old Post 02-19-2018 10:35 PM
Mike Knuckols is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Knuckols Click here to Send Mike Knuckols a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Knuckols Find more posts by Mike Knuckols Add Mike Knuckols to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Regarding Tar

When you post this kind of info that berates Ukc's Rules and disregards the position of Ukc's Advisor on Ukc's board and flaunt thus as a Ukc MOH, you can expect negative feedback. If Tarbaby doesn't like Ukc's rules or interpretation of said rules given un the advisor, he needs to find another playground. I make no apologies for my defense of Ukc and Ukc rules. Nuff said. Dave

Old Post 02-19-2018 10:51 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Google "Narcissist". That will explain a lot about this thread.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 02-19-2018 10:59 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

IMHO everyone needs some much needed sensitivity training, Tar and I agree on one thing we both like Possum.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 02-19-2018 11:00 PM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Regarding Tar

quote:
When you post this kind of info that berates Ukc's Rules and disregards the position of Ukc's Advisor on Ukc's board and flaunt thus as a Ukc MOH, you can expect negative feedback. If Tarbaby doesn't like Ukc's rules or interpretation of said rules given un the advisor, he needs to find another playground. I make no apologies for my defense of Ukc and Ukc rules. Nuff said. Dave

Dave did you or did you not try to get Darrel to sue ukc over the possum situation be careful now there are a lot of witnesses in the ole courtroom.

Tar

Old Post 02-19-2018 11:03 PM