UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Scoring and Judging question??
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BluetickHound22
UKC Forum Member

Night hunt

I am 18yrs old and the only person that I know that coonhunts. Tried to try something new and they screwed me lol.. People around here wonder why nobody does the Night Hunts. Heck I don’t know another person that has a dog where I’m from.
Was my First and probably my Last Night Hunt. Just wasn’t fair to my dog.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-19-2018 01:34 AM
BluetickHound22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BluetickHound22 Click here to Send BluetickHound22 a Private Message Click Here to Email BluetickHound22 Find more posts by BluetickHound22 Add BluetickHound22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Many of you really over obsess about these rules. All the Advisor does is take each rule and explain it and how it is used. That's bad? It also brings up discussion about all kinds of situations that could confuse the best judges and then undertakes to explain how they should be handled and why. The Advisor was always about teaching and making anyone more knowledgeable IF they choose to learn.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 02-19-2018 01:39 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

Re: Night hunt

quote:
Originally posted by BluetickHound22
I am 18yrs old and the only person that I know that coonhunts. Tried to try something new and they screwed me lol.. People around here wonder why nobody does the Night Hunts. Heck I don’t know another person that has a dog where I’m from.

News Flash, they don't want you there!!! If you come packin a coondog AND know the rules they will have to wait till you GNCH out till they can win again. Nothin makes a GNCH faster than low turnouts.

Old Post 02-19-2018 01:41 AM
Stan Ferrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stan Ferrell Click here to Send Stan Ferrell a Private Message Find more posts by Stan Ferrell Add Stan Ferrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

OK, I am behind 50 points, time is running out, The dogs all tree, I say, handle them. The guy in the lead yells "Come here spot", and I scratch him 6M. Did I cheat?

Old Post 02-19-2018 01:49 AM
Stan Ferrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stan Ferrell Click here to Send Stan Ferrell a Private Message Find more posts by Stan Ferrell Add Stan Ferrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ed zachary
OK, I am behind 50 points, time is running out, The dogs all tree, I say, handle them. The guy in the lead yells "Come here spot", and I scratch him 6M. Did I cheat?

That would never stand up to a question, it would be overturned pretty quick.

Old Post 02-19-2018 01:59 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
Many of you really over obsess about these rules. All the Advisor does is take each rule and explain it and how it is used. That's bad? It also brings up discussion about all kinds of situations that could confuse the best judges and then undertakes to explain how they should be handled and why. The Advisor was always about teaching and making anyone more knowledgeable IF they choose to learn.

That’s why I want the updated info. To learn

Old Post 02-19-2018 02:12 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stonewall24
UKC Forum Member

High ridge

He was saying that the judge and his buddy that knew the rules cheated because they called time back in and scored the tree. They knew he didn't know the rules and wouldn't question it at the time. So the guys that knew the rules cheated.

Old Post 02-19-2018 02:12 AM
Stonewall24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stonewall24 Click here to Send Stonewall24 a Private Message Find more posts by Stonewall24 Add Stonewall24 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Re: High ridge

quote:
Originally posted by Stonewall24
He was saying that the judge and his buddy that knew the rules cheated because they called time back in and scored the tree. They knew he didn't know the rules and wouldn't question it at the time. So the guys that knew the rules cheated.

Yes, they hosed the poor fellow.

Old Post 02-19-2018 02:32 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Buddy don’t quit that easy. Anytime something goes wrong you can’t throw in the towel. We have all been where you was.

Old Post 02-19-2018 02:35 AM
BluetickHound22
UKC Forum Member

It just seems if all 3 agreed on a time out then all 3 had to agree on time in. Their dogs just ran around together barking like idiots and never treed the whole time I was there. But once it was just them 2, they seemed to have split treed while I wasn’t there. Just seems fishy to me... We made the last drop and all 3 dogs went about 150yrds and their 2 struck and mine never barked once. He ended up splitting off from them 2 and going about another 100yrds then came back, shortly after their 2 dogs came back in. My dog is not a idiot. If there is a coon in the area you will find him treed. This was after 4-5 inches of snow fell. Coons were probably all dend up.
Maybe I can find a better club.

Old Post 02-19-2018 02:44 AM
BluetickHound22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BluetickHound22 Click here to Send BluetickHound22 a Private Message Click Here to Email BluetickHound22 Find more posts by BluetickHound22 Add BluetickHound22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Randy Howard
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: High ridge

quote:
Originally posted by high ridge
Yes, they hosed the poor fellow.

Down right sad!

PKC CH County Line Big'N, Natural (RIP) Independent.
County Line Sod Buster (Big'n x Bev)$ Brains, Accurate a Pleasure to hunt..
County Line Alittle Ambraw Pepper(Big'n x Jenny)
Line bred Pups Buster x Pepper 12/09/16
Working to rebuild some of the old Ambraw blood line.
(618) 214-1695

LUCK-Is when opportunity & Preperation Meet

Old Post 02-19-2018 03:00 AM
Randy Howard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Howard Click here to Send Randy Howard a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Howard Find more posts by Randy Howard Add Randy Howard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Find a different club. Lots of good people in this sport.

Old Post 02-19-2018 03:08 AM
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Rip
That would never stand up to a question, it would be overturned pretty quick.
Did I cheat? I went verbatim of the rule didn't I. This is just one instance, I could play this game all day. Remember also the OP lost a cast without seeing a coon and still signed the card.

Old Post 02-19-2018 03:13 AM
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by high ridge
Find a different club. Lots of good people in this sport.
There are a LOT of VERY good people in this sport, too bad we don't have very good rules.

Old Post 02-19-2018 03:19 AM
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Did I cheat? I went verbatim of the rule didn't I. This is just one instance, I could play this game all day. Remember also the OP lost a cast without seeing a coon and still signed the card.

No you absolutely can not play that game because it is very clear that the person was not abusing the animal, he was calling the dog to him. You did not go verbatim by the rules because the rule states "hollers AT or physically abuses". Hollering AT and hollering FOR are two different things. Completely different words and not related. This would not fly on any cast or with any mater of hounds period. No where in the rules does it allow you to scratch a handler for calling his dog into him when you have said to handle the dogs. It can't be done, you can't twist the rules to do so.

We have very good rules and they are not that tough to understand. Sometimes in some situations they can be but for the most part they are not.

Old Post 02-19-2018 03:35 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BluetickHound22
UKC Forum Member

Yes, unfortunately I did sign the card not knowing what I was doing. Next time if I ever happen to go back that fellow will not be my judge. Pretty sure I would of won my cast. My dog had either minus 25 or 50 points and theirs had minus 100 or 125 or something way more minus than mine before they said theirs split treed.
Thanks to everyone that has replied. I have learned something

Old Post 02-19-2018 03:39 AM
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

patato , potato. just like the rest of the rules.

Old Post 02-19-2018 03:39 AM
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Yes, unfortunately I did sign the card not knowing what I was doing. Next time if I ever happen to go back that fellow will not be my judge. Pretty sure I would of won my cast. My dog had either minus 25 or 50 points and theirs had minus 100 or 125 or something way more minus than mine before they said theirs split treed.
Thanks to everyone that has replied. I have learned something

You don't get to pick your judge, and you wouldn't have won, in UKC you have to SEE a coon to win or lose.

Old Post 02-19-2018 03:41 AM
BluetickHound22
UKC Forum Member

quote:
You don't get to pick your judge, and you wouldn't have won, in UKC you have to SEE a coon to win or lose.

Ok that’s fine then nobody more than likely would have. I’m ok with that. And that’s ok Too. If ever given him as a judge then I’ll just leave. Don’t have nothing to lose other than gas money.

Old Post 02-19-2018 04:01 AM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Was my First and probably my Last Night Hunt. Just wasn’t fair to my dog. [/B]

Don't worry about that dog, it couldnt care less if you get cheated. It's just another night in the woods to the dog.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 02-19-2018 04:13 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BluetickHound22
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Night hunt

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
Don't worry about that dog, it couldnt care less if you get cheated. It's just another night in the woods to the dog.

Yes, I guess you are right on that

Old Post 02-19-2018 04:15 AM
Joe Moore
UKC Forum Member

I see your's from West Virginia, which club were you hunting out of when this happened?

-2004 PKC Youth World Hunt, 3rd place
-2005 UKC PA State Overall Show Champion
-2007 UKC Youh National Hunt, 3rd place

-PKC Silver Ch, GRNTCH 'pr' Tree Stalkins Stylish Striker

Old Post 02-19-2018 01:21 PM
Joe Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joe Moore Click here to Send Joe Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email Joe Moore Visit Joe Moore's homepage! Find more posts by Joe Moore Add Joe Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

ukc

they should check out this club. they should get in contact with those 2 fellows and the club and give them some warnings. they new they was cheating, there was no mistake about that and any club worth a snot wouldn't put the score card back in there hands.

Old Post 02-19-2018 02:07 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

The latest Advisor (2nd edition) was printed in 2010 so it doesn't have and interpretations of any changes since. The newest Rule book available is rules effective January 1, 2017 which was the latest rules updated by the Breed Associations.
Most problems in the hunts I've seen are people won't put a question on the score card because THEY DON'T WANT TO BE KNOWN AS A TROUBLE MAKER. Most of the time just the threat of a question mark will stop some one trying to cheat.

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 02-19-2018 06:12 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

So in this case, they didn't cheat the young man involved since he wasn't going to win anyway. But they did put an undeserved win on one of their dogs if they didn't have a coon. Why would the young man not go back and try again? But he should first read and understand the rules. Since he started this post, then can't we assume that he knows the guy's did the wrong thing to begin with? Everyone thinks that they can just learn the rules as they go along but then they want to get on the internet when they get taught a lesson.

Old Post 02-19-2018 08:53 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote