UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Litter schedule
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
griff
UKC Forum Member

Litter schedule

Is there a link for worming and vaccination of a litter of pups?
I have never bred a female but it is looking like my friend’s border collie/ blue heeler cross may have got to my young bluetick female before I got her put up. ☹️🙄

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-29-2023 11:19 PM
griff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for griff Click here to Send griff a Private Message Click Here to Email griff Find more posts by griff Add griff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fogebotom
UKC Forum Member

My general schedule is worming at 2-4-6 & 8 weeks, mom and pups.
I use Safeguard and sometimes alternate with Nemex. I do mom at 45 prewhelp then again 2 weeks later with safeguard.

Vaccinations-that's a big one. Neopar at 6 weeks. I do a series of 3, 3 weeks apart starting at 9 weeks. 5 way. I don't do lepto or corona as they are not common in our area but if I was sending a pup to an area heavy with both, then I would do that as a separate vaccination.

It's pointless to do a regular series starting at 6 weeks or even 8 weeks due to maternal immunity. Basically counter acts it.

Old Post 01-30-2023 09:43 PM
fogebotom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fogebotom Click here to Send fogebotom a Private Message Find more posts by fogebotom Add fogebotom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
griff
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Thanks for the info, I will save it.
Hoping I am wrong. But, I have a hard gainer that is now looking well fed and sleek, with maybe a little sagging at the teats. Unless something changed in her hormones I think I’m in for some pups.

Old Post 01-31-2023 01:13 AM
griff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for griff Click here to Send griff a Private Message Click Here to Email griff Find more posts by griff Add griff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Fults
Banned

Re: Litter schedule

quote:
Originally posted by griff
Is there a link for worming and vaccination of a litter of pups?
I have never bred a female but it is looking like my friend’s border collie/ blue heeler cross may have got to my young bluetick female before I got her put up. ☹️🙄

Ask your vet for some strongid mixed with pyrantal, I use it on pups and works great!!

Old Post 02-03-2023 12:37 AM
John Fults is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Fults Click here to Send John Fults a Private Message Click Here to Email John Fults Find more posts by John Fults Add John Fults to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Pyrantyl Pamoate is the active ingredient in a tube of strongid paste…it is the same as nemex except nemex is diluted down…

You can buy a bottle of nemex that will worm 100 lbs. of wt. or you can buy a tube of strongid paste that will worm 1,200 lbs. of wt. for the same price…

I been using strongid paste for many years on pups…it is very safe and exact amounts aren’t critical just make sure you give enough…like any wormer it needs to be alternated with other wormers now and then in making sure the worms don’t develop an immunity to any particular wormer…

A tube of strongid can be bought at any feed store…I buy mine at TSC…

Vaccination Schedule…I don’t follow protocol…
I give the 10 in 1 vaccine at 8 weeks and again at twelve weeks that will be it until it’s time for a rabies shot…

Old Post 02-05-2023 12:35 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote