UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Big Game Hunting > Safeguard Goat Wormer???
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KINGKENNELS
UKC Forum Member

Safeguard Goat Wormer???

Does anyone use this? If so, what's the Dosage per pound?

Home of:
PR' King's Timber Talking Rowdy
PR' King's Stylish Wonder Woman

One Walker Lookin' Up, Two Eyes Lookin Down!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-10-2012 05:05 PM
KINGKENNELS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KINGKENNELS Click here to Send KINGKENNELS a Private Message Click Here to Email KINGKENNELS Find more posts by KINGKENNELS Add KINGKENNELS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
glynnsdawgs63
UKC Forum Member

1 cc per 6 lbs bodyweight for 3 days

Glynn Holmes
www.tellsblueticks.webs.com

Old Post 07-10-2012 05:12 PM
glynnsdawgs63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for glynnsdawgs63 Click here to Send glynnsdawgs63 a Private Message Visit glynnsdawgs63's homepage! Find more posts by glynnsdawgs63 Add glynnsdawgs63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by glynnsdawgs63
1 cc per 6 lbs bodyweight for 3 days

Glynn Holmes
www.tellsblueticks.webs.com

I guess thats a paste wormer like horse wormer, so do you squirt the tube into a syringe to measure better?? I have heard of a "eraser" size glob on a finger for three days but I never could figure out what an eraser size glob was. I know it's called SafeGuard because it is safe But so much is so much. Speaking of measuring, I bought a bottle of Tree and Shrub for fleas that goes on a waterhose from Ortho ,not Bayer, tree and shub. The bottle says it's 1.47 % Imididachlorprid just like the old Bayer without the fertilizer and cythion. But it looks watered down already.not as white. I used 3 cc apiece on my 50 lb dogs today at 5 PM and they are looking fine and living at midnight but I will let you all know about the fleas control tomorrow in the daylight.

Last edited by l.lyle on 07-24-2012 at 05:08 AM

Old Post 07-24-2012 05:05 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
StrawberryMt
UKC Forum Member

No its a liquid and works awesome much less expensive and unlike the paste you can accurately dose it

http://stirekcanineservices.weebly.com

Old Post 07-24-2012 03:49 PM
StrawberryMt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StrawberryMt Click here to Send StrawberryMt a Private Message Click Here to Email StrawberryMt Find more posts by StrawberryMt Add StrawberryMt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker7
Banned

12 cc for 60 lbs dog twice daily for three days

Old Post 07-29-2012 08:33 PM
blueticker7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker7 Find more posts by blueticker7 Add blueticker7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Liquid Panacur 10% and Safeguard 10% is the Same Product ..

Dosage and administration Routine treatment of adult dogs and cats 1 ml Panacur 10% Liquid per 1 kg bodyweight as a single oral dose (= 100 mg fenbendazole/kg bodyweight). Practical dosage recommendations: 2 to 4 kg 4 ml 4 to 8 kg 8 ml 8 to 16 kg 16 ml 16 to 24 kg 24 ml 24 to 32 kg 32 ml 32 to 64 kg 64 ml For dogs weighing over 64 kg, an extra 10 ml are required for each additional 10 kg bodyweight. The dose should be mixed into feed, or administered by mouth directly after feeding. Treatment should be repeated when natural reinfection with parasitic worms occurs. Routine treatment of adult animals with minimal exposure to infection is advisable 2 to 4 times per year. More frequent treatment at 6 to 8 weekly intervals is advisable for dogs in kennels. Puppies and kittens under 6 months of age 0.5 ml Panacur 10% Liquid per kg bodyweight daily for 3 consecutive days given by mouth directly after feeding to unweaned animals or mixed with food for weaned animals (= 50 mg fenbendazole/kg bodyweight daily for 3 days). Practical dosage recommendations: Up to 1 kg 0.5 ml daily for 3 days 1 to 2 kg 1 ml daily for 3 days 2 to 4 kg 2 ml daily for 3 days 4 to 6 kg 3 ml daily for 3 days 6 to 8 kg 4 ml daily for 3 days 8 to 10 kg 5 ml daily for 3 days For puppies weighing over 10 kg, an extra 0.5 ml is required daily for each additional kg bodyweight. Puppies should be treated at 2 weeks of age, 5 weeks of age and again before leaving the breeder's premises. Treatment may also be required at 8 and 12 weeks of age. Thereafter, frequency of treatment can be reduced unless the pups remain in kennels where reinfection occurs more readily. Pregnant bitches 1 ml Panacur 10% Liquid per 4 kg bodyweight daily from day 40 of pregnancy continuously to 2 days post-whelping (approximately 25 days) (= 25 mg fenbendazole/kg bodyweight daily). Practical dosage recommendations: 4 kg 1 ml daily for approx. 25 days 8 kg 2 ml daily for approx. 25 days 12 kg 3 ml daily for approx. 25 days 20 kg 5 ml daily for approx. 25 days 40 kg 10 ml daily for approx. 25 days For bitches weighing over 40 kg, an extra 1 ml is required daily for each additional 4 kg bodyweight. As treatment of pregnant bitches is 98% effective, puppies from these bitches should themselves be treated with a three day course at 2 and 5 weeks of age. Pregnant queens Pregnant queens can be safely treated with Panacur but only require a single treatment at the routine adult dose rate. Administer 1 ml Panacur 10% Liquid per 1 kg bodyweight as a single dose (=100 mg fenbendazole/kg bodyweight). Increased dosing for specific infections For the treatment of clinical worm infestations in adult dogs and cats or Giardia spp. infections in dogs administer 1 ml Panacur 10% Liquid per 2 kg bodyweight daily for 3 consecutive days (= 50 mg fenbendazole/kg bodyweight daily for 3 days). For the control of lungworm Oslerus (Filaroides) osleri in dogs administer 1 ml Panacur 10% Liquid per 2 kg bodyweight for 7 consecutive days (= 50 mg fenbendazole/kg bodyweight daily for 7 days). A repeat course of treatment may be required in some cases. For the control of lungworm Aelurostrongylus abstrusus in cats administer 1 ml Panacur 10% Liquid per 2 kg bodyweight for 3 consecutive days (= 50 mg fenbendazole/kg bodyweight daily for 3 days).

540-421-2875

PR, Saltlick's Blue Misty Linga "Bluetick Coonhound"

French X American Hounds

Old Post 07-30-2012 12:31 AM
Majestic Tree H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majestic Tree H Click here to Send Majestic Tree H a Private Message Click Here to Email Majestic Tree H Visit Majestic Tree H's homepage! Find more posts by Majestic Tree H Add Majestic Tree H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Plott55
WOW!!!!!WHAT A POST!!!!!

I know 100 kg fertilizer per hectare ( since a hectare is about two acres and a kilogram is about two pounds is the same thing , 100 kg per hectare is the same as 100 lb per acre. So a kg is about 2lbs of dog flesh but I am lost on the rest of it. Are you saying that the bottle says there is ie 100mg febendazole in the bottle or that the bottle of liqiud is 100mg but that might only be 10% febendazole I am lost on that.
Please convert that to however many ml ( which is a cc) and I have a syringe or three that measures cc (so your choice) ml or cc, to give a 50 lb dog (Weaned 50 lb male grown dog) out of a bottle that says whatever % solution it is. ie. 10 cc a day for three days of a 10% product or 2 cc of a 50% product. Thanks for sharing.So I won't be so confused. If i'm not mistaken grams are dry like our pounds and liters are wet like our quarts. I' rather you just convert it to jiggers or shotglasses, I have those too and they work real good.

If I halfway understand your post it seems like a grown male or female not pregnant needs 24 ml(cc) for a 48 to 64 lb dog, but glynnsdawgs 63 says 1cc(ml) per 6 pounds of dog which would be a fraction over 8cc(ml) for a 50 pound dog for three days? Is yours for three days? 24 cc versus 8 cc is a big difference.

EDIT: OK I see yours is for a single dose . So that is the same as Glynnsdawgs , whew , glad of that. Is that the Yellow liquid wormer you get from the vet for hookworms? That yellow stuff is the only kind of wormer I ever had to give for three straight days and then repeat in 10 days.

Last edited by l.lyle on 08-01-2012 at 07:42 AM

Old Post 08-01-2012 06:51 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Divide you Dogs Weight x 2.2 ... So a 50# / 2.2 = 23 Kg

So for an Adult Dog in a Single Worming Dosage (Single Dosage For Dogs that have Been on a Regular Worming Program - 3 day dosage for Dogs that Have Not been on a worming program)

23 (Ml or CC) treats a 50# Dog with the 10% Liquid Safeguard Goat/Cattle or Liquid Panacur.

We buy the Gal. size of SafeGuard Cattle (10%) for $312.. And that will treat all 30 of our Hounds for a Year + on the Regular Dosage Program ..

540-421-2875

PR, Saltlick's Blue Misty Linga "Bluetick Coonhound"

French X American Hounds

Old Post 08-01-2012 03:44 PM
Majestic Tree H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majestic Tree H Click here to Send Majestic Tree H a Private Message Click Here to Email Majestic Tree H Visit Majestic Tree H's homepage! Find more posts by Majestic Tree H Add Majestic Tree H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Majestic Tree H
Divide you Dogs Weight x 2.2 ... So a 50# / 2.2 = 23 Kg

So for an Adult Dog in a Single Worming Dosage (Single Dosage For Dogs that have Been on a Regular Worming Program - 3 day dosage for Dogs that Have Not been on a worming program)

23 (Ml or CC) treats a 50# Dog with the 10% Liquid Safeguard Goat/Cattle or Liquid Panacur.

We buy the Gal. size of SafeGuard Cattle (10%) for $312.. And that will treat all 30 of our Hounds for a Year + on the Regular Dosage Program ..

Thanks and is this considered a hookworm wormer?

Old Post 08-01-2012 06:18 PM
StrawberryMt
UKC Forum Member

Hooks,whips and tapes

http://stirekcanineservices.weebly.com

Old Post 08-02-2012 04:37 PM
StrawberryMt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StrawberryMt Click here to Send StrawberryMt a Private Message Click Here to Email StrawberryMt Find more posts by StrawberryMt Add StrawberryMt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by StrawberryMt
Hooks,whips and tapes

Thanks , my biggest problem is hooks.

Old Post 08-03-2012 07:03 AM
l.lyle
Banned

I just re-read the whole thing top to bottom and I am once again confused. I see where 10% liquid Panacur and 10 % safeguard are the same product. I understand that. Same as fleas with Bayer Tree and Shrub with a 1.47 % product and Ortho with a 1.47% imidichloririd product. But then you got to refering to Fenbendazole. I have used Fenbendazole as a horse wormer but seems it had Imidichlorprid in that mix. Hit on one way and imidichlorprid part was way too little but if you hit on the other way the fenbenbazole was way too much, or vise versa , I forget which way . But where does Fenbendazole come into the equation of Panacur and Safeguard?

Last edited by l.lyle on 08-03-2012 at 07:34 AM

Old Post 08-03-2012 07:29 AM
Chris Dillard
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by l.lyle
I just re-read the whole thing top to bottom and I am once again confused. I see where 10% liquid Panacur and 10 % safeguard are the same product. I understand that. Same as fleas with Bayer Tree and Shrub with a 1.47 % product and Ortho with a 1.47% imidichloririd product. But then you got to refering to Fenbendazole. I have used Fenbendazole as a horse wormer but seems it had Imidichlorprid in that mix. Hit on one way and imidichlorprid part was way too little but if you hit on the other way the fenbenbazole was way too much, or vise versa , I forget which way . But where does Fenbendazole come into the equation of Panacur and Safeguard?

It's the active ingrediant in both Pancur and Safeguard.

Old Post 08-06-2012 03:30 AM
Chris Dillard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Dillard Click here to Send Chris Dillard a Private Message Click Here to Email Chris Dillard Find more posts by Chris Dillard Add Chris Dillard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote