UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > What is the Definition of Shut-Out?
What is the definition of shut-out?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
When a dog trees on the same tree as a dog that was declared struck and treed before the dog, in question, was declared struck. 146 82.02%
If a dog trees on a tree after the five minutes has expired. 32 17.98%
Total: 178 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Allen / UKC
Administrator

What is the Definition of Shut-Out?

According to the UKC Nite Hunt Rulebook, what is the definition of shut-out?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-14-2018 03:01 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DwayneWhite
UKC Forum Member

Allen,

Keep it going! Make the nite hunts great again. One poll at a time lol

Old Post 05-14-2018 06:43 PM
DwayneWhite is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DwayneWhite Click here to Send DwayneWhite a Private Message Click Here to Email DwayneWhite Find more posts by DwayneWhite Add DwayneWhite to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by DwayneWhite
Allen,

Keep it going! Make the nite hunts great again. One poll at a time lol

If these are helpful little Q&A's, I'll do it!

Old Post 05-14-2018 07:20 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
If these are helpful little Q&A's, I'll do it!
they are a good thing .mini rule seminars. lol keep them coming .

Old Post 05-14-2018 11:03 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Good deal! Glad you like them.

I'm afraid those giving the wrong answer on this one are going to run into other problems because of not having this one right.

Old Post 05-15-2018 03:52 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
Good deal! Glad you like them.

I'm afraid those giving the wrong answer on this one are going to run into other problems because of not having this one right.

Whats bad is the ones that got it wrong could have looked it up on here in just a second if they didnt know. They are the guys that are not going to bother reading the rules either.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 05-15-2018 04:28 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Lol

If people read the rules, seen the asterisk, went to the end of the rules, read the definition and seen what it actually said they would understand the rule. Also shut out* is mentioned a few other times with the asterisk and I think one time it also sends you to another rule. I’m sure it’s in the Advisor also. Plus don’t forget, the beginning of the rules it tells you that the definition is at the end of rules.
I bought a house with less paperwork involved.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 05-15-2018 05:17 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

In my opinion in order to shut one out you must first be struck and treed before any thing else strikes

Old Post 05-15-2018 07:31 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ole hoss
In my opinion in order to shut one out you must first be struck and treed before any thing else strikes

First problem is we all have opinions. The next problem is our opinion doesn’t mater it’s what rule book says. if one dog is not struck then that dog alone is shut out. But can you be shut out on tree and carry a strike?

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Old Post 05-15-2018 07:46 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ole hoss

Thats pretty much it, any dog that isn't struck before the others are treed is shut out on that tree.

Home Of:

Old Post 05-15-2018 09:51 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Night Shift
First problem is we all have opinions. The next problem is our opinion doesn’t mater it’s what rule book says. if one dog is not struck then that dog alone is shut out. But can you be shut out on tree and carry a strike?

Ya as long as you do not tree on the tree that you were shut out on. Then you carry the strike.

Home Of:

Old Post 05-15-2018 09:52 PM
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
Ya as long as you do not tree on the tree that you were shut out on. Then you carry the strike.

I agree

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Old Post 05-15-2018 10:10 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Philip Foster
UKC Forum Member

Dogs that are shut out still must be struck. They can receive tree points if treed before 5 is up. If they are treed on shut out tree strike is deleted . Anything else they are accountable for there strike points. Great post Allen keep it going.

Old Post 05-15-2018 10:20 PM
Philip Foster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Philip Foster Click here to Send Philip Foster a Private Message Click Here to Email Philip Foster Find more posts by Philip Foster Add Philip Foster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

One can be shut out on strike and one can be shut out on tree but a true shut out is when a dog strikes, trails and trees a coon other dogs did not know was in the woods.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 05-15-2018 11:22 PM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

And here I thought shut out was when you stayed out till wee hours of night and the wife locks you out or when you get back to the truck and realize you locked your keys in it !

Old Post 05-16-2018 01:42 AM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

ANSWER: According to the Coonhound Rulebook, the definition of shut out* is noted under Section 18 (also on the back of the card) as:

Shut-Out: When a dog has not been declared struck before the first dog is declared treed. Dog is shut out only if it trees on tree it was shut out on. Otherwise, strike points remain live.

There are several items, such as shut out*, that are noted in the rules that include an asterisk after the word. Whenever you see that asterisk behind the word it means that you can find the definition under Section 18. A few other words or terms with an asterisk are; Attempting to Fight, Babbling, Bother, and Unsportsmanlike Conduct.

Congrats to the 81% who got this one right.

Old Post 05-21-2018 04:15 PM