UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Must Hold Tree for Five Minutes - Yes or No
Does Jack have to hold his tree for five minutes before he may be handled?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes. 37 20.67%
No. 142 79.33%
Total: 179 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JiM
UKC Forum Member

The only thing to ad is that if one dog is hunting alone, the 5 minute rule then applies at every tree.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-23-2018 04:53 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, I forgot the dogs handled scenario. Dogs A B C are treed and tree is scored. As you are leading them away handler of dog D trees his dog. Does he have to wait 5 minutes?

Old Post 05-23-2018 05:45 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
The only thing to ad is that if one dog is hunting alone, the 5 minute rule then applies at every tree.

Correct. Thanks for adding that.

Old Post 05-23-2018 06:02 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jculler8
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Oh my goodness, I forgot the dogs handled scenario. Dogs A B C are treed and tree is scored. As you are leading them away handler of dog D trees his dog. Does he have to wait 5 minutes?

I think Allen covered this in his explanation:

“It doesn't matter if dogs are on split trees or not; when all dogs are declared treed, there is no more five minute clock for any one of them. The same would be true if all others are on leash and not yet turned loose, or if hunt time expire.”

HOME OF

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' OAKS POINT COON BUSTIN' BELLE HTX 2013 UKC Top 100 (May 2006-January 2017)

'PR' OAKS POINT STRIKE-EM OUT BEAU (May 2006-June 2016)

PKC CH NITECH GRCH 'PR' COON BUSTIN' WHITE STUFF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

'PR' BLACK KNIGHT'S BALU JETTA (May 2013-October 2015)

CH 'PR' CHERRY CREEK XBOX 2016 Treeing Walker Days King of Show

Old Post 05-25-2018 03:11 PM
jculler8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jculler8 Click here to Send jculler8 a Private Message Click Here to Email jculler8 Visit jculler8's homepage! Find more posts by jculler8 Add jculler8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frosty
UKC Forum Member

No, all dogs treed

FLINTRIDGE KENNELS

Old Post 05-27-2018 03:32 AM
Frosty is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Frosty Click here to Send Frosty a Private Message Click Here to Email Frosty Find more posts by Frosty Add Frosty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frosty
UKC Forum Member

No, all dogs treed

FLINTRIDGE KENNELS

Old Post 05-27-2018 03:32 AM
Frosty is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Frosty Click here to Send Frosty a Private Message Click Here to Email Frosty Find more posts by Frosty Add Frosty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Well, it looks like 80% got it right. Is that acceptable?

Old Post 05-27-2018 02:11 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote