UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > I need help with Garmin Astro 430
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

I need help with Garmin Astro 430

I need help figuring out how to mark the truck on a 430. I tried doing like you do on a 320 and it doens't mark the location that you want to come back to. I looked up the owners manual on the garmin website and it says go to the main menu and select MARK. I looked on the main menu and I can't find the word MARK any where. I know I am kinda of slow and any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-19-2018 05:38 PM
jeffrey robinso is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffrey robinso Click here to Send jeffrey robinso a Private Message Click Here to Email jeffrey robinso Find more posts by jeffrey robinso Add jeffrey robinso to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Generally waypoint and mark are the same thing. You can also start a new hunt and tell it yes to mark your location.

Old Post 05-19-2018 06:44 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Conkey, thanks for your quick response. On my 430 when I select new hunt, there is nothing that comes up about marking my location.

Old Post 05-19-2018 07:12 PM
jeffrey robinso is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffrey robinso Click here to Send jeffrey robinso a Private Message Click Here to Email jeffrey robinso Find more posts by jeffrey robinso Add jeffrey robinso to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CraigTyer
UKC Forum Member

Astro 430

Selecting new hunt only resets the hunt matrix, not to mark the truck. Marking the truck or other location is very easy once you do it a few times.
Call Garmin at 800-800-1020, they will walk you through anything you want. Have your handheld unit available. Hope this helps.

Old Post 05-22-2018 02:24 AM
CraigTyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CraigTyer Click here to Send CraigTyer a Private Message Click Here to Email CraigTyer Find more posts by CraigTyer Add CraigTyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffrey robinso
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Craig, I will call them.

Old Post 05-22-2018 02:37 AM
CraigTyer
UKC Forum Member

Astro 430

I also have the 430. It works a little like the 320 but there is great differences. When i got mine nobody close to me could tell me anything about it. I called Garmin with all questions, took notes, and have enjoyed the Astro 430 every since.
Good luck and keep the hounds looking up !!!

Old Post 05-22-2018 02:46 AM
CraigTyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CraigTyer Click here to Send CraigTyer a Private Message Click Here to Email CraigTyer Find more posts by CraigTyer Add CraigTyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Two different ways to mark a spot and save them as a waypoint so yo can return to them later. Several different ways to return to them also, but I will just cover how to put the marks on the map now.

First way is the most simple way. You location if the Astro 430 is on and you have GPS signal is a Triangle on the map. If you park the truck and are standing beside it all you have to do is post the MARK button and from the list name it and then on the next page select done.

Second way to mark a spot and it can be any place on your map. Say your dog is trying to tree and you want to go back there later or there is just a spot on the map that you want to mark and you are not at that spot. Just scroll the cursor with the center navigation button to that point.

Hit Enter-Enter then Menu. It will ask you if you want to save it as a Waypoint and say yes. Later you can rename it or keep is as named by your astro. Now and you will hit go and get navigation lines from one point to another on your screen you can remove them by from any main page selecting Menu-Menu and then the last thing on that list is Tools. The next list you will be taken to starts with Find at the top. Select that and then Select Stop Navigation. That will remove lines from point A to point B but leave the marks/waypoints on the map. From that same page you can go to waypoint manger and select a point to navigate to and you can set it up as a straight line or turn by turn on the highway. if there is one.

Old Post 05-22-2018 05:44 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote