UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Treeing Walkers: Dogs and Puppies For Sale > crowbate or crowbait breeding
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bluff1978
UKC Forum Member

crowbate or crowbait breeding

never heard of it before .talking with a guy today that said this is in the finley river breeding not sure how its spelled. figure some of the older guys that are into papers may be able to shed some light on this thanks.

Last edited by bluff1978 on 03-20-2023 at 02:22 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-18-2023 03:20 AM
bluff1978 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluff1978 Click here to Send bluff1978 a Private Message Click Here to Email bluff1978 Find more posts by bluff1978 Add bluff1978 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluff1978
UKC Forum Member

ttt

Old Post 04-10-2023 03:24 AM
bluff1978 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluff1978 Click here to Send bluff1978 a Private Message Click Here to Email bluff1978 Find more posts by bluff1978 Add bluff1978 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

Re: crowbate or crowbait breeding

quote:
Originally posted by bluff1978
never heard of it before .talking with a guy today that said this is in the finley river breeding not sure how its spelled. figure some of the older guys that are into papers may be able to shed some light on this thanks.

Where was the guy from? Orville Morris of Rockford, IL (later Arkansas) owned a dog named Crow Bait back in the late 70's and/or early 80's that produced a lot of good dogs in Northwestern Illinois. I believe he was Finley River and/or Spring Creek Rock bred, but I'll have to ask a buddy of mine who owned a nice male out of him. A couple buddies of mine owned dogs out of him that were very good coondogs.

However, Dave Marsden of southern Wisconsin also owned a dog named Crow Bait that was, I think, unrelated and placed 4th in the UKC World Hunt back around the early 80's. I'm not sure how he was bred, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Finley River or Spring Creek bred.

You may want to ask him where the Crow Bait he's asking about was from and who owned him. Some of that blood may have made it's way down around West Plains, MO. Jim Willard, previously from Rockford, lives down around West Plains and may have gotten some of that Morris' Crow Bait blood down there. I'm just guessing at that, though.

Old Post 04-10-2023 12:19 PM
Grant Noeske is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grant Noeske Click here to Send Grant Noeske a Private Message Visit Grant Noeske's homepage! Find more posts by Grant Noeske Add Grant Noeske to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluff1978
UKC Forum Member

hes from darlington Wisconsin. I bought a pup from dave marsden back in the early 2000s think the moms name was ida not sure about the rest of it. I bought a dog box from your dad late 1990s.

Old Post 04-11-2023 03:19 AM