UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Proposal 6 - Close Tree at Three (3) Minutes
Close Tree at Three Minutes?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes! 52 47.27%
No, leave as is (5 minutes). 58 52.73%
Total: 110 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Proposal 6 - Close Tree at Three (3) Minutes

6. Tree Closed.

• Change rule to close tree at three (3) minutes after first dog is declared treed.

2019 UKC RULE PROPOSAL CLARIFICATIONS AND NOTES
Be advised, the following notes are the opinions/statements of those who submitted the proposals and may or may not necessarily reflect the opinion of UKC.

PROPOSAL 6: This proposal is submitted in consideration of the shorter hunt time options clubs now have. It would potentially allow for more scoring during the hunt with a shorter tree time required. Moreover, most hunters suggest dogs that have commitment problems generally give up their tree in less than three minutes or a dog that trees for three minutes is usually also one that has no issues staying treed for as long as it takes for the handler to arrive.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-17-2019 08:27 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Hey, those of you who have competed in hunts with a 3-Minute Tree Time, please give us the good, the bad, and/or the ugly.

I've heard it quickens the pace a lot and some like it but some don't. What's your experience?

Old Post 05-17-2019 08:34 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Depends on what type of terrain you hunt 5 acre patch woods hunters won’t notice the difference much although I know that the northern based high density clubs carry the vote on everything. Here goes if you draw the babble blow deep dogs down here chances are you are getting out struck. So unless they are good babblers ( most foot race together babbling a long ways ) you take 25 or 50 strike get treed behind them even if they hear you they only got 3 minutes to get there. Then with the no leash lock you score your coon and recut you may or may not get to their tree but you have a chance to tree anouther coon two coons beats one. No more walking your dog on leash a mile seeing coons setting up going to a blow deep idiot !!

All these rules work together to take working the clock for the win out ! And competing the whole hunt treeing coons in.

Tar

Old Post 05-17-2019 08:57 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

I have hunted in just a couple. Yep fast pace. Not for the young or out of shape. If it's a 2 hr hunt and hot well we may need a medic at these sports soon. I'm still in my 40's and 140 lbs and work for a living. I can hold a good pace but I don't think this is a pace many will enjoy and even less that can handle.

Old Post 05-18-2019 02:12 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

So.. We are lessening the rules to shorten the time a dog has to hold tree? These rules all favor hot nosed dead loners.

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Old Post 05-19-2019 05:47 PM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by harleydan1956
So.. We are lessening the rules to shorten the time a dog has to hold tree? These rules all favor hot nosed dead loners.

No keeps a dog from babbling and backpacking on you all night.

Tar

Old Post 05-19-2019 06:02 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
No keeps a dog from babbling and backpacking on you all night.

Tar

How in the world does a 3 minute tree rule stop babbling or a me too tree Dog? He would be the only gaining points from this. Still gonna babble and still gonna jump on the first tree made while the dog checking it make sure looses out.
Stand by my statement

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Old Post 05-19-2019 09:13 PM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

You wearing me out lol. If dogs leave babbling let’s say yours goes left handed gets struck honest for 25 and treed for 125. The dog that struck for 100 comes in at 4:59 and trees for 75 your beat and your dog treed the coon. It gives them less time to get there and cover. Plus (if) they go no leash lock it’s less time you have to wait to go to your tree and score it and cut back to ole deep and alone the more your off the leash the more coons you can tree.

Tar

Old Post 05-19-2019 09:22 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by yadkintar
[B]You wearing me out lol. If dogs leave babbling let’s say yours goes left handed gets struck honest for 25 and treed for 125. The dog that struck for 100 comes in at 4:59 and trees for 75 your beat and your dog treed the coon. It gives them less time to get there and cover.
Tar
so why not get ukc to change a policy and give 1st tree 150 and 2nd 75, 3rd 50 and 4th tree 25-- leave the strike as it is now you wouldn't get beat by a dog covering the only babbler that could beat you would have to have 1st tree--sure would hurt the slick tree dogs and eliminate some of those if scored honestly no need for a count down with this.--I'm thinking if some of the rule changes are passed that the hunt numbers may drop a little more and we don't need to loose any more hunters.
also I think that most hunters are not members of a breed association that has a ukc charter. my local club has between 40 to 50 members of those I think that 4 are members of a breed assoc.--but also of the total membership not all hunt in the comp hunts.
I sure hope that we all think these proposed changes thru and weigh will they hurt the numbers of entries or help or do we think they will stay about the same

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE
CH NITE CH AMBRAW RIVER TIMBER ROCK
NT CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED CLEM
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Old Post 05-19-2019 10:33 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HERSHSHUNTIN Click here to Send HERSHSHUNTIN a Private Message Click Here to Email HERSHSHUNTIN Find more posts by HERSHSHUNTIN Add HERSHSHUNTIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

I disagree tar. Dan is correct.
Tar you said say your dog goes left handed. A me to dog doesn't do it's own work so that's just not correct right from your 1st statement.

Old Post 05-19-2019 11:57 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lblhunter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pamjohnson
I disagree tar. Dan is correct.
Tar you said say your dog goes left handed. A me to dog doesn't do it's own work so that's just not correct right from your 1st statement.

Reread what tar wrote.

Old Post 05-20-2019 01:43 AM
lblhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lblhunter Click here to Send lblhunter a Private Message Find more posts by lblhunter Add lblhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by HERSHSHUNTIN
[QUOTE]Originally posted by yadkintar
[B]You wearing me out lol. If dogs leave babbling let’s say yours goes left handed gets struck honest for 25 and treed for 125. The dog that struck for 100 comes in at 4:59 and trees for 75 your beat and your dog treed the coon. It gives them less time to get there and cover.
Tar
so why not get ukc to change a policy and give 1st tree 150 and 2nd 75, 3rd 50 and 4th tree 25-- leave the strike as it is now you wouldn't get beat by a dog covering the only babbler that could beat you would have to have 1st tree--sure would hurt the slick tree dogs and eliminate some of those if scored honestly no need for a count down with this.--I'm thinking if some of the rule changes are passed that the hunt numbers may drop a little more and we don't need to loose any more hunters.
also I think that most hunters are not members of a breed association that has a ukc charter. my local club has between 40 to 50 members of those I think that 4 are
members of a breed assoc.--but also of the total membership not all hunt in the comp hunts.
I sure hope that we all think these proposed changes thru and weigh will they hurt the numbers of entries or help or do we think they will stay about the same

This is just me trying to explain how these rules work I have hunted under them and like them. Buuuuut I have no say so over any vote and no matter how it goes it will be ok with me. But think wisely because it will be a long time before y’all get anouther chance like this.

Tar

Old Post 05-20-2019 03:23 AM
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

A me to dog will be there. They don't take 30 seconds to get on your dogs tree.

Old Post 05-20-2019 01:28 PM
Bob Gleason
UKC Forum Member

quote:
You wearing me out lol. If dogs leave babbling let’s say yours goes left handed gets struck honest for 25 and treed for 125. The dog that struck for 100 comes in at 4:59 and trees for 75 your beat and your dog treed the coon. It gives them less time to get there and cover. Plus (if) they go no leash lock it’s less time you have to wait to go to your tree and score it and cut back to ole deep and alone the more your off the leash the more coons you can tree.

Tar

seen it many times

Proposal 2 - Tree Countdown would solve this issue

CH GRNITECH PR'TIMBERCREEKS BLUE RUBY

Old Post 05-21-2019 04:14 PM
Bob Gleason is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Gleason Click here to Send Bob Gleason a Private Message Click Here to Email Bob Gleason Find more posts by Bob Gleason Add Bob Gleason to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Gleason
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Tar

seen it many times

Proposal 2 - Tree Countdown would solve this issue

CH GRNITECH PR'TIMBERCREEKS BLUE RUBY

Old Post 05-21-2019 04:15 PM
Bob Gleason is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Gleason Click here to Send Bob Gleason a Private Message Click Here to Email Bob Gleason Find more posts by Bob Gleason Add Bob Gleason to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote