UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Grand Nite Ch. "PR" Misty River Ramblin Blue Smoke
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Nice looking pedigree.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-01-2019 01:22 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

High Ridge-Smoke is 4 years old.

Dennis-Thanks, There should be some good ones in that litter.

Old Post 04-01-2019 05:23 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

compass bank locations near me

Took Smoke out for a short run tonight. Took him up the river and turned him down a drain that makes its way thru the swamp. there is quite a bit of water in there in the rainey season, but its dry now. He went in about 200 yards and struck a pretty good track and moved it on in another 200 yards and locked up treed. I walked in to him and he was treed up a large Turkey pine. I shined for a few minutes, but I could not find a spot where I could see up the tree. There was a lot of bushes and smaller trees around and I could not see up the tree. I petted Smoke up and we made our way back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 04-03-2019 at 05:24 AM

Old Post 04-03-2019 05:13 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

Took Smoke up river tonight for a run. Cast him off an old woods road into a good, but wet swamp. He went in about 400 yard and struck. Moved him on in toward the river and ran him into and under a big clay root from a big oak that had been blown down, back some time earlier. I walked in to him and he was doing his best to get him out from In there, but there was just too much water and the coon could get in there where Smoke could not go. I watched him for a little bit, but I was afraid Smoke was goin to get under there and get hung up, so I called Smoke to me and leashed him up and we left that one to run again.

Last edited by Misty river on 04-11-2019 at 06:59 AM

Old Post 04-11-2019 06:44 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

opefully

When I took Smoke out of his pen tonight to go hunting, I noticed he was limping real bad on his left front leg. After I loaded him up on the 4-wheeler I looked at his leg and foot, but I really could not see anything wrong with it, but when I would squeeze his foot a little he would whimper. I decided we would go ahead and hopefully just make a short hunt. We went up river to a cow pasture and cast smoke up a branch that is usually is dry, but tonight it was running about knee deep. He only went in about 100 yards and struck a good track and treed pretty quick. I crawled under a 5 strand bobwire fence and walked in to him and he was treed up a hugh Turkey pine. There were some big vines going up into it and he was treed on these. I knew as soon as I saw the tree and where it was at. That we would probably never see this coon. I walked around it a couple of times shinning, but I could only see a small part of the tree. Smoke was really favoring that left leg now so we left this one to run again and called it a night. When we got home I examined that foot a little closer and I found where he must have stuck a thorn up into his foot while he was trying to get that coon out from under that clay root last night. I doctored it up and fed him so maybe he will be better tomorrow. We suppose to have more rain coming in for the next couple of days.

Last edited by Misty river on 04-12-2019 at 06:58 AM

Old Post 04-12-2019 06:23 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

Loaded Smoke up tonight and headed down toward the river. I noticed when I was loading him up that he was still favoring that left front leg. I cast him down a spring fed branch. He headed down it and made a pretty good round and was beginning to go where I did no want him to go. so I called him in. and we went out east of the river road. I cast him in and he didn't go far before he struck a good track and moved it out of there and come treed. I walked in to him and he was treed up a leaning oak tree. It was laying up against another oak tree and extended on into another Oak tree and on over into a hugh pine tree. I kind of figured he was over in the pine, but he could have been in either of the oaks as well. I shined the two oaks first, but he finally looked at me from over in the pine. I decided I would knock him out to Smoke as he hadn't had one in a while. I had left the rifle on the other side of the tree. I walked over and got the rifle, but when I got back to where I had seen the coon, He never looked at me again. I shined for a few minutes, but never saw him again. I petted Smoke up and we called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 05-04-2019 at 05:26 AM

Old Post 05-04-2019 05:06 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

forensic anthropologist education and training

Took Smoke down the river a few miles to a place I have not hunted in a few months, dropped him off an old woods road. It is a nice swamp, but with all the rain we have had it has been flooded a lot this year, and there is still a lot of water in there. Smoke left on the run as he usually does and soon he was 450 yards and covering a lot of ground as he was not hunting in a strait line. He was still headed south when I noticed on the garmin that he took a hard right to the west and crossed the road that I had come in on and struck a pretty good track. I went back to about where he had crossed. and he had went across about a 50 acre field that had tall grass in it where the deer hunters had planted grass for the deer. About the time I stopped the 4-wheeler I heard Smoke lock up treed. I went around the field to the other side and Smoke was treed up a hugh Wild Pecan tree about 30 yards out in the field. I started walking around the tree shinning and about half way around the tree he looked at me. since I didn't get one out on him the other night. I decided to try and get this one for him. I had left the rifle on the 4-wheeler so I had to go get it. When I got back I found him again, but he would only look for a second and turn away. I could not put the bright light on him for he wouldn't look at it, and I could barely see the sights with the red light. I didn't want to shoot until I had a good shot, as I didn't want to wound him and then could not find him. He finally quit looking, so I petted Smoke up and told him that tomorrow I would go to town and find a scope that I could see through. We called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 05-07-2019 at 06:08 AM

Old Post 05-07-2019 05:29 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

Took Smoke down on the river for a run tonight. The river is a tough place to hunt right now. It's tough on man and dog. The river has been up in the swamps most of the time since last fall. There is a lot of water and mud in there. Dry mud is on all the trees and bushes about 6 feet up. The mud on the ground is wet and slippery. The first drop tonight I cast Smoke down a slough and he went in about 300 yards and just come treed. I went around on another woods road to get closer and walked on in to him. He was treed up a hugh Oak with other trees around it. and you couldn't see anything. I shined for a few minutes but never saw him. I cast Smoke on down the river and he went in 250 yards and hit a pretty good track, crossed another slough and moved on in another 200 yards and locked up treed. This time I couldn't go around the slough, so I had to walk in, and with all the mud it was a tough trip. I finally made it to him and he was treed up another hugh, viney Oak. And I couldn't get anywhere that I could see any of the tree past about half way up. I leashed Smoke and we made the trek back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 05-25-2019 at 06:02 AM

Old Post 05-25-2019 05:40 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

Smoke doing his thing tonight. Cast him down a branch that runs through the swamp and he went in about 100 yards and just fell treed. I walked in to him and found the coon pretty quick. We moved on down toward the river and cast him down an old slough. He went in about 400 yards and struck a working track worked it on in another 200 yards and treed. I was able to get to about 50 yards from the tree on the 4-wheeler and walked on in. He was treed out in the middle of the shallow part of the slough. I shinned it for a few minutes, but I could not get him to look. We moved on down the river. I cast him down the river. He went in a little over 8oo yards and struck. I barely could hear him. I ran into some thick stuff and had trouble getting the 4-wheeler through and then had trouble finding the old woods road that I was looking for. I stopped to listen one time and I could hear Smoke treed. He was right at 900 yards. Finally after a couple of hours I made my way into where Smoke was treed. He was treed up a leaning tree on the edge of a big drainage ditch. It took me a while to find the coon, but he had him. Altogeather Smoke was probably treed there over 3 hours. I was sure glad it was not as hot tonight as it has been and he was treed close to water. We called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 06-12-2019 at 07:49 AM

Old Post 06-12-2019 07:17 AM
BFK
UKC Forum Member

I notice you run two tracking collars on your dog and im curious why that is ?

Old Post 06-12-2019 07:32 AM
BFK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BFK Click here to Send BFK a Private Message Click Here to Email BFK Find more posts by BFK Add BFK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

BFK

One is a tracking collar, the other one is a training collar that I use to tone him in if he gets somewhere that I can't get to him.

Old Post 06-12-2019 08:02 AM
BFK
UKC Forum Member

oh ok well thanks i thought i was missing some new trick

Old Post 06-12-2019 08:06 AM
BFK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BFK Click here to Send BFK a Private Message Click Here to Email BFK Find more posts by BFK Add BFK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Jack

Glad it cooled down a touch so you could take a hunt. This board has been a little slow on hunt stories lately. Hope to see you this winter & take a hunt. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 06-12-2019 01:52 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

bofa near me now

Cast Smoke up a large drain near the river tonight. He went in a little over 200 yards and struck a cold track and started working it. Moved it on in north and then east moving on up the drain and then turned west at about 700 yards. Trailed west for about 400 yards and locked up treed. I was able to get within about 150 yards of him on the 4-wheeler and walked on in. He was treed up a big oak.
It was a hard tree to shine, but I finally found him. We left him to run again. We made our way to the 4-wheeler and started out and Smoke barked on back of the 4-wheeler and I knew that he smelled another coon, so I turned him loose again and he ran the coon in for about 150 yards and treed. I walked in to him and he was treed up another big oak that was wrapped up in vines and with all the other trees around it you couldn't see anything. I leashed up Smoke and we called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 06-14-2019 at 06:50 AM

Old Post 06-14-2019 06:29 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

Cast Smoke up the same drain that I did the other night. He went up the river instead of staying with the drain and struck at about 200 yards. It was a real cold track and he kept moving it up river for another 200 yards and locked up treed. I rode on up river on the 4-wheeler trail until I was even with him. I was about 75 yards from him and walked on in. He was treed up a large hardwood tree. It was a hard tree to shine with all the other trees around it. I shined for a few minutes, If he was there he never looked. I loaded Smoke up and we moved on up the river and cast him again. He only went about 50 yards and struck again and moved it about 20 yards and treed again. I walked in to him. He was treed up 3 Cyprus trees growing togeather. I walked out on the other side of the tree and as soon as I looked up into the tree there he sat looking at me. I leashed Smoke and we made our way back to the 4-wheeler. It had been misting rain ever since we turned loose the first time and it was beginning to get harder so we called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 06-18-2019 at 06:38 AM

Old Post 06-18-2019 06:17 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

Took smoke to a small cornfield tonight, this is probably the first cornfield that he has ever been turned loose in and although it was a small field you could see the coons had been working on it.. I turned Smoke loose in the field and he struck pretty quick and rolled it out of there into the woods behind the field. It has been several years since I have hunted those woods and it use to be some nice woods, but it has been thinned out a few years back and it is pretty tough in there now. Smoke treed about 150 yards in and I started to him and ran into some bad stough. I came back out and went around to the river and came in from that way and it wasn't much better, but I finally made it in to him and he was treed up a big viney hardwood with other trees around and a lot of vines and briars. I finally found a spot that I could see part of the tree. When I blew the squaller thecoon looked at me from up toward the top. I got the rifle ready and when I looked at it I had lost one of the nuts off one of the screws that tightens the scope down. I didn't figure I would ever hit anything. I think there was about 3 or 4 coons in that tree. They would only look for a second and move. I finally lucked out and knocked one out. Smoke had him finished by the time I made my way back to the tree. We made our way back to the 4-wheeler and came back out and went to the river. I turned Smoke up a drain and he went in about 200 yards and struck a bad track and worked it about 400 yards and treed. I made my way to him and he was treed in another rough place. It took me some time to get to him and it was another big tree with a lot of vines and briars. I could not find any openings around this one that I could see any of the tree. Several of the vines went up into a hugh pine close by and he could have easily been in it and I could not see up it either. I leashed Smoke and we made our way back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 06-25-2019 at 07:30 AM

Old Post 06-25-2019 06:51 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke and Cricket 11

Took Cricket out with Smoke tonight. This was her first time in the woods at night and I was Amazed at how well she did. She hunted goodand she was off to her self most of the time, she didn't need another dog to go with her. She was seldom withSmoke until they struck. She has a good mouth on her and she opens good on track and seems to have a good nose on her. She is out of Shadow and the Code 11 Cricket female. On the first drop Smoke went in about 150 yards and just treed. Although Cricket had treed 2 or 3 turn loose coons in the pen, I was kind of surprised to hear her cover Smoke and tree some with him. We walked in to them and leashed Cricket. they were treed up a large oak. I found the coon pretty quick. We left him to run again. We moved on down toward the river and cast them again. Both dogs went hunting. They moved in a ways and struck a fair track. Cricket was opening good with Smoke. They moved the track in a couple hundred yards and split up. Smoke moved his track on in 150 yards and treed. Cricket was still trying to work hers. We started to Smoke. He was treed up a large oak and right after we got there Cricket came in and treed some with him. We leashed her up and started looking for the coon. It was pretty thick in there and I never could get him to look. We made our way back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 06-29-2019 at 07:21 AM

Old Post 06-29-2019 06:48 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

Took Smoke back to the cornfield tonight. I guess the coons must be coming there in the middle of the evening, because Smoke hit a real cold track. Moved it out to the woods aand treed about 20 yards out in the woods. It is pretty thick around the edge of the woods and there were a couple of big trees between me and the tree that he was treed in.I tried shinning it ,but I never could get to where I could see much of the tree. I called Smoke to me and we moved on in on the river. I turned Smoke up a branch. He went in 450 yards and struck a working track and moved it on in another 300 yards and locked up treed. I got to within about 150 yards of him on the 4-wheeler and walked on in to him. It was pretty rough in places in there where he was at. He was treed up a medium sized hardwood tree. There was a huge canopy of vines and briars in there that must to have covered several acres. The coon could have been anywhere Or he could have walked completely out of there. I shined for a few minutes, but never saw anything. We made our way back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night. It sure was hot out there tonight.

Last edited by Misty river on 07-03-2019 at 06:14 AM

Old Post 07-03-2019 05:50 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke and Fly

--------------------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Mailes Blue Sue's Pete
---------------Ch.Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Mailes Blue Petes Bob
--------------------Gr.Nite Ch.Ch."PR"Smokey River Jeans Blue Ruby
----------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Mailes Blue Sue's Rattler
--------------------Nite Ch."PR"Smokey River JBS Chief
---------------"PR"Mailes Blue Rudy's Sue
--------------------Nite Ch."PR"Mailes Mo. Blue Rudy

-----Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Misty River Ramblin Blue Smoke

--------------------Nite Ch."PR"Rhodes Tom-Dulley
---------------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Racket Ridge Slim HTX2
--------------------"PR"Welch's Blue Angel
----------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Racket Ridge Weezie
--------------------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Smokey River Cheifs Joe
---------------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Smokey River Blue Cricket
--------------------"PR"Smokey River Blue Muggins

PUPS

--------------------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Double Springs Echo 11
---------------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Double Springs Bodacious
--------------------Gr.Nite Ch.Gr.Ch."PR"Razor Ridge POP-A-Dot
----------Ch.Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Goodsons Rowdy Bocephus
--------------------Gr.Nite Ch.Gr.Ch."PR"Smileys Blue Rambo 11
---------------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Davis's White River Salin Sadie
--------------------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Davis's White River Sugar

-----"PR"Washington's Blue Fly

--------------------Gr.Nite Ch.Gr.Ch."PR"Northern Blue Hammer XV111
---------------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Treeslammin Blue Hillbilly
--------------------Nite Ch."PR"Treeslammin Blue Queen
----------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Owl Creek Barbara Jean
--------------------"PR"Nash's Blue
---------------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Lawrason's Blue Elle
--------------------"PR"Wilson's True Blue Beauty

I bred Smoke to this real nice female on July 4. This should be some good ones. Call 601-754-5696 for pups.

Old Post 07-09-2019 02:11 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

forensic anthropology employment

Took Smoke back to the cornfield tonight. Tried to get in a couple of trees before the rain sets inlater tonight off the hurricane that is in the Gulf. They say we have a lot of rain coming along with some potential bad weather. Dropped Smoke off in the corn field. He went in and struck a cold track. He went out the back side of the corn field. I think these coons are moving real early in the evening for these tracks to be this cold, as I am turning loose right after dark. He moved the track on in and crossed a road the goes into some camps down on the river. Smoke treed about 15 yards after he crossed the road in a large oak the was leaning back toward the road. I found the coon sitting out on a limb in a bunch of vines. I called Smoke out to me and we went on down toward the river To another friends house that has a Small sweet corn field there. I checked the field to see if the coons were in it yet, but it isn't quite ready. I went on down toward the river and cast smoke up a drain. He crossed the drain and went down the other side. He went in about 150 yards and struck another cold track. He went back toward the end of the sweet corn field. I guess the coon had went by and checked it too. Smoke had warmed the track up and had shifted gears. I think the coon had planned on going to the field that I had treed the one out of earlier, but Smoke had spoiled his plans. It was hot out there tonight and Smoke really was not in shape to be running a coon like he was running this one, and I could tell Smokes mouth was getting weaker as he drove the track south on down the river. He was beginning to sound like a Cur dog. I drove around on another road and right after I stopped Smoke locked up treed, but he really didn't sound like Smoke. I walked in to him and he was treed up a hugh hardwood tree about 20 yards from the River. He was treed on a big vine and he was a hot dog. I could not get to where I could see much of the tree. So I decided I had better get Smoke out of there so he could cool off. We made our way back to the 4-wheeler and called it a night.

Last edited by Misty river on 07-12-2019 at 06:51 AM

Old Post 07-12-2019 06:08 AM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

hunt

Jack, lots of good stories, Glad you can take heat & snakes!!! Will see you this winter when conditions are nicer for this old Iowa boy.

We've been having some great hunts with this new batch of females I have put together. Lots of coon & 60's at night make it very enjoyable. Grab Steve & come on up. Will guarantee, we'll see 20+ coon a night on the roads & in the timber. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 07-12-2019 05:02 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Smoke

This will probably be the last post that I run on Grand Nite Ch. "PR" Misty River Ramblin Blue Smoke. He has been sold. His new owner is Roger Welch, of Laurel, Ms. For Information or for Breeding call 601-340-1566. Smoke is a good one.

Old Post 07-13-2019 07:11 PM