UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Gray's Creek Kennel
Pages (16): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Case doing what he loves.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-28-2015 10:53 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Rhett and I made a round to Gum Swamp last night. We had Case, Hope, Guss, and Blueduck. With the swamp being flooded after all the rain, we had to turn loose in the pines. To keep these young dogs from getting on a deer or hog, since the water has them pushed up to higher ground. Our plans were to cut Case and wait till he struck before sending Hope to him. That didn’t work as planned. Case was gone for 45 mins to an hour before he struck. When he did strike, he was close to a ½ mile. After we rode around, he was already locating. We sent Hope into the tree, but she really didn’t do much. Case had treed on a huge pin oak behind a deer feeder, with a trail cam set up on it. Hope was running around barking up in the air near the feeder. We tied them back and searched the tree, but couldn’t get him to look, if he was there. It was already 9:00, so we headed in. I guess that deer hunter will have some fine pictures of us and our dogs.

Old Post 10-29-2015 08:14 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Headed to Illinois tonight to chase some whitetails for the next 10 days. We haven't had the dogs in the woods but one time since Gumswamp flooded. All that water should be gone when we get back. I'll be contacting Brad Fry to see if I can tag along on a hunt or two. I'm already looking forward to gwtting back to get Case back in the hunts to finish him to Grand.

Old Post 11-05-2015 01:36 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

COON and DEER HUNTING

How's it going down yaws way Tommy? Getting a few treed with those nice pups? How did the deer hunt in Illinois go?

Old Post 12-08-2015 12:32 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

I just returned back to work yesterday. Man I could get use to being off/vacation. We had a great time up in Illinois. Managed to kill a couple nice bucks. Even made a coonhunt with a fellow I met up there. We been treeing a few, and my puppy, Blueduck is starting to turn into a hound. I really like that young dog. Rhett and Case draw out with Sleepy and Redstick Ann Saturday night, and got his behind handed to him. That little female is a super nice coon dog. Very impressive!!! She's got it all, very good nose, and knows how to use it, and super fast, accelerate, tree dog. I sure would like to make a hunt with you Steve. Maybe we can get together one night to cut them loose.

Old Post 12-08-2015 12:56 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

We have been getting Clara back in the woods, and she has really been doing a nice job. Three drops in the last two hunts, and made three trees. The first drop her and Case took a cold track and work him up, and got him running. I was beautiful, they pushed him out a hardwood flat and treed in a huge pine. After we drove around, they were only 165 yards from the road. Last nice was a beautiful night, no wind and you could hear miles away. Case and Clara made short work of one on wall bayou. They treed him in about 5 mins. Next we cut Blueduck and Hope out on a feeder. They ran one 250 yards in and couldn't do anymore with it. We got them back and turned Case and Clara out on the same track. They ran the track to the same spot and shut up also. I can't figure that one out. About 100 yards deeper that got on another one and treed on a big cypress that was broke off 30 feet up next to the river bank. That track was about 900 yards long.

Old Post 12-11-2015 01:00 AM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Took Case to Wiggins, Ms. for their hunt last night. They had a good turn out, with 18 dogs hunting. 3 reg cast and 2 NiteCh cast. Had a good hunt with some even better handlers. Case got his 5th. win on the bench to finish to Grand Champion and his 4th. win toward Grand Nite. Case had 175 + up to the last 9 mins in the hunt. He had first strike on the last turn out and got out of hearing. We put them on 8 with 9 mins left in the hunt, and it caught them. Case finished the hunt with 75+.

Old Post 12-13-2015 03:42 PM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations on the win. Wish I could have been there. Case have been getting around to different clubs getting in the winner circle. Shows he can tree coons any where way to go. Case.

Old Post 12-13-2015 07:24 PM
sleepyblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepyblues Click here to Send sleepyblues a Private Message Click Here to Email sleepyblues Find more posts by sleepyblues Add sleepyblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the kind words Sleepy, but he would have never gotten that win if Ann would have been there. She is tough.

Old Post 12-13-2015 08:03 PM
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

The way those too dog sound on them two coons and they couldn't hear they dogs to good. It get very hard to call a dog right that far away on a hunt. I'll be back there sat. Night. More likely to be hunting Glass in the hunt.

Old Post 12-14-2015 08:09 AM
sleepyblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepyblues Click here to Send sleepyblues a Private Message Click Here to Email sleepyblues Find more posts by sleepyblues Add sleepyblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

12/14/15

Took Case, Clara, Hope, and Blueduck to Gumswamp last night. The first drop, we turned out Case and Little Hope. They struck right off the lead. After getting him lined out, they started coving ground fast. Hope was with Case step for step. They ran him through a small oak flat then hit a cut-over. After going through the cut-over, they pushed him into the swamp on the back side. They treed about 75 yards father in the swamp. The whole track as a crow fly’s was 652 yards from where we cut them loose. They treed on a huge pin oak. Rhett knocked him out and let Hope have a taste. The next drop, we turned Clara and Blueduck out on a feeder. We must of ran the coon off when we drove up, because they left there wild. Clara went to the right and treed on a big pin oak, but Blueduck wouldn’t tree with her. He started running a track to the left and started getting deep. I left Rhett to look for Clara’s coon and followed in behind Blueduck. The track broke down and I figured that was it. Just as I was getting close, Blueduck located and started treeing hard. I found him on a big Elm that was broke off about 30 feet up, with a big hole in the top. We didn’t see either coon, but I think both had meat. I made my way back to the road and we called it a night. Very good hunt!! I will post some pictures of hope on the tree later

Old Post 12-15-2015 03:40 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Hope treeing

Old Post 12-15-2015 04:34 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Expanding our sport.

This young man is Cole Perilloux from Montz, Louisiana. His dad, Terry and I are longtime friends. The dog in the picture is my dog, (was my dog) Gus. Gus has all the tools, but slick trees way too much for me. So I gave Cole a Nitelight, and Gus two weeks ago. Cole has been hunting almost every night since. He has killed 5 coons with Gus and is fired up about this new sport his is entering. He sent me a video of their hunt last night, with another coon. Great job Cole, you might make me wish I had Gus back at some point (just joking).

Old Post 12-16-2015 01:11 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

COON HUNTING

Great picture of Hope and Cole with Gus. Great thing you did hooking him up with a hound and light. Looks like he's hooked for life. When your young like he is a few slick trees now and then don't bother you to much, exciting just to be out in the woods at night with your hound. But when your our age those slicks lose the fun for us pretty quick, lol! Cole hunt that hound hard by himself he will probably come around and be just fine.

Old Post 12-16-2015 02:29 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Casey Bigelow
UKC Forum Member

Whats that Ann dog of Sleepy's off of? How old is she?

Hope all is well in ya'lls neck of the woods.. Been putting a few $ on Zero . Got in the other night w 375+ on 2 coon.

( by the way, ENJOY IT- Don't get in too much of hurry to grand Case out... it stinks not being able to hunt your coon treer in most UKC hunts)

No Name Pup #1-(GRNT Zero x GRNT Layla)
No Name Pup #2- ( GRNT Poncho x GRNT Layla)
Casey Bigelow 407-952-0714

Old Post 12-16-2015 09:31 PM
Casey Bigelow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Casey Bigelow Click here to Send Casey Bigelow a Private Message Click Here to Email Casey Bigelow Find more posts by Casey Bigelow Add Casey Bigelow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Thanks, Steve for the comments. And you are so right, I just got tired of walking across cutover to get to a slick tree.

Casey, I think Sleepy told me she was out of Mr. Ed Mauney’s stock of dogs. She sure is a NICE female. You need to get in touch with him. Another super nice female is Robby Blackwell’s little Flirt female. Those two are very much alike, but Flirt don’t open as quick as Ann. (They are just my kind of dog, I guess that’s why I like them so much.)
Keep Zero winning. I would love to try to make a hunt with you and Zero sometime in the near future. I'm only 4-5 hours from you. Also Rock, we sure want to cross Hope with him, if she keeps going like she is.

Old Post 12-16-2015 09:52 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Video of Blueduck and Case treeing

Like father like son.

Case and Blueduck ran this coon about 650 yards. And treed on a big pinoak that had a hole in it. It tooks us 45 mins or so to get into the tree.

Old Post 12-22-2015 12:41 AM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Hope and Case treeing.

Like father like daughter.
These puppies are really turning it on.

Old Post 12-22-2015 12:49 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Merry Christmas

Tommy to you and your family and may gods blessings be on each of you

Old Post 12-24-2015 06:16 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Tommy those pups are looking and sounding GREAT!! Man they have some great mouths on them. Case is reproducing the right kind that's for sure. Merry Christmas to you and your Family!

Old Post 12-24-2015 12:46 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Took Case to Benndale Ms last night to try to get that last win for grnite. But man I should have stayed home. Just goes to show you dogs are dogs and that's all they will ever be. I hunted with some good guys. Wish I could recall the judge and guides name, because he sure worked hard to help us get our dogs back. A huge THANK YOU goes out to him.

Old Post 12-27-2015 11:11 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

I been running a little fast game lately, and finely got one.

Old Post 01-01-2016 07:50 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Nice one Tommy

Old Post 01-01-2016 09:34 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BUCK

That's a fine one Tommy! They in full rut that's for sure. Happy New Year to you and your Family!

Old Post 01-02-2016 09:51 AM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

1/6/15

Took Blueduck and headed to LaPlace, La. to hunt with Terry and Cole tonight. Cole is the young man I gave Gus to. We made two trees tonight, Gus treed alone the first drop. The last drop I turned Blueduck by himself. He struck a red hot track, ran it about 200 yards, and treed on a huge oak. The coon never looked, but I saw his tail hanging out of a big fork. Terry knock him out to Blueduck, then we called it a night. Cole's school project this year is going to be about coonhunting. Take about making me feel good, he is using me as his mentor. Here a picture we took when we got out the woods.

Also Blueduck on the tree.

Old Post 01-07-2016 04:43 AM