UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > How many nights
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dairyman
UKC Forum Member

How many nights

I'm hunting a young dog that i guess came from a young guy who kenneled him as a pup and never messed much with him. When I got him he had NO manners at all. He's got much better around people. First few nights I hunted him, he'd tree within 3 minutes on every drop. Slick every time, no track just blow up treed. All I did was go in and pull him off. In the snow I see he's been running coon. Was getting better about running tracks, would get frustrated and pull up short. Now, he's running g these tracks, not pulling up short, just can't seem to finish. How many nights do you give him before he has to show you a coon? I know the answer to this? Isn't the same for everyone. I'm not done with him yet, he's improving. Just wanna see him put one on the outside so my 13 year old doesn't get frustrated or lose interest

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-25-2018 04:39 AM
dairyman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dairyman Click here to Send dairyman a Private Message Click Here to Email dairyman Find more posts by dairyman Add dairyman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

" he's improving"........when I can no longer honestly say that, that's when I'm done.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 02-25-2018 06:24 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

JiM

He is like the man that crossed the parrot with a R/snake..... Don't say much but when he does it bares listening to ........

Old Post 02-25-2018 07:02 PM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote