UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > What happened to Spring Creek Walkers?
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
walkercash
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Hainz
I just picked up a 6 year old female. She is heavy Spring Creek bred.

--------GRNITECH PR SPRING CREEK DODGER
---NITECH GRFCH PR SPRING CREEK ROWDY
--------NITECH GRFCH GRCH PR HAMUS SPRING CREEK MAR-GEE

CH PR HIDRETH'S ROCK RIVER ROSE

--------GRNITECH PR SPRING CREEK DODGER
---PR SPRING CREEK TROUBLES
--------PR SPRING CREEK DAWN

She is in heat right now and I plan on breeding her to Briar Cliff Battle - Night Champion, Grand Show Champion.

----------- GRNITE CH. ROCK RIVER SACKETT
---- CH GRNITE CH. ROCK RIVER SACKETT JR.
---------- GRNITE CH. SKEAN'S DOLLY
GRNITE CH. BABES STYLISH BANJO
-------DAUL GRCH. HOUSE LIPPER
------ NITE CH. LIPPER STYLISH BABE
---------GRNITE CH. SCMENSAL'S STYLISH QUEEN

NITE CH. GR CH. PR. BRAIR CLIFF BATTLE

----------DUEL GR CH. HOUSE LIPPER
------CH. BRIAR CLIFF QUINT
-----------LAYMANCE'S SALLY
GR CH. BRIAR CLIFF RACIE
-----------PIKES PRESTWOOD MACK
------JERI'S RED OAK POLLY
-----------PIKE'S SANDY CREEK DAISY

The pups will be super staked and UKC performance program.

If your interested, my number is 608-921-7836.

I dont mean to step on your toes with your stud or anything, but why dont you breed her to Oak Ridge Jake? Get some more of that Spring Creek Blood in there. We are running out of that.

Whitey Dogs ROCK!!!
I use and recommend Kelley's K-Lights.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-11-2006 02:06 AM
walkercash is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkercash Click here to Send walkercash a Private Message Click Here to Email walkercash Find more posts by walkercash Add walkercash to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ruby54501
UKC Forum Member

I agree with WalkerCash why ruin the breeding that some one took the time to make but then I guess the other stud dog needs that good old blood for some super pups. After almost 18 years of breeding Spring Creek Rock you can breed them to anything and come up with something! One of the great old timers always told me never breed to a dog because of his titles anybody can put titles on a dog but never ever breed a female or male to a lesser coon dog cause then you bring the genectics that you are trying to keep are deluted ever time you breed to the lesser dog be it the female or male. Family related dogs always produce better than non related dogs thats the difference between one or two top dogs out of a litter than all top hunting dogs in a litter and why some have such a hard time with whole litter after litter making top hunting dogs. After all these years the only time I have seen pups not turn out of the line of dogs we started out with are the guys that want a finish dog right off the chain with out doing the work. Thats why some guys are good at training dogs and some are not. You will get some that are natural that just do it from the start and you have some that are just slow at starting than others that call breeding and hunting them and giving the slow ones a little more time where as most don't have the patience for starting pups but need one already started. Not saying the Battle dog isn't a good dog just don't care for his bloodlines.

UKC and AKC reg.
Hunted on bear,coon and all cats from the west coast to the east coast and Canada.
Lets go hunting!
Mears' old Finley River & Spring Creek Rock bred hounds are what we hunt and breed.
True Sportsmen love the thrill of the chase and going to the tree not the point of kill. Fair chase!

Old Post 10-11-2006 01:35 PM
Ruby54501 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ruby54501 Click here to Send Ruby54501 a Private Message Click Here to Email Ruby54501 Visit Ruby54501's homepage! Find more posts by Ruby54501 Add Ruby54501 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tim Green
UKC Forum Member

Dave,
You can book me a female out of that cross right now. I love the Banjo line of dogs and if the spring creek rock line is as good as I have heard, it shouldn't matter what you breed to. A guy I know in Ky has two Battle pups that have been treeing since they were 7 months old and they are unbelievablely loud....This should be an awesome cross....

Let me know where I need to send the deposit.

Tim

Old Post 10-12-2006 01:12 AM
Tim Green is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tim Green Click here to Send Tim Green a Private Message Click Here to Email Tim Green Find more posts by Tim Green Add Tim Green to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jason2579
UKC Forum Member

spring creek

I must say when i was younger I was spring creek rock blind i didnt think there was any other breedin then SCR didnt care for pac man or finley river and i wish i could get some good old SCR breeding

Old Post 10-12-2006 02:00 AM
jason2579 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jason2579 Click here to Send jason2579 a Private Message Click Here to Email jason2579 Find more posts by jason2579 Add jason2579 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Hainz
UKC Forum Member

Walkercash, Ruby 50541

Thank you for your input. It is noted. I believe that the female in any cross should be your foundation and that is why I bought her. I believe in MY stud dog's reproducing ability and I like the traits he has to offer. Big mouth and tracking/treeing ability. Plus he is from a bloodline of coondogs, not just papered dogs. Since I have a Stud dog that I am promoting, I will never breed to another, that would do nothing for mine.

Thanks again for your input

Dave Hainz

Old Post 10-12-2006 02:24 AM
Dave Hainz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Hainz Click here to Send Dave Hainz a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Hainz Find more posts by Dave Hainz Add Dave Hainz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
anscox
UKC Forum Member

Somebody previously mentioned that the "old blood of yesteryear" was gone and replaced by new lines... Yadkin River was named as one of them.
I recently read that the Yadkin River line goes back to the 1930's. I'd say that's hardly "new" blood! I'd stand to bet it is actually one of the oldest bloodlines that is still around for any breed.
And I'm not even a walker person! Redbone here. Just wanted to add my two cents worth...

CH 'PR' Cox's Absolute Envy
CH 'PR' White Liar's Just A Digit
Hillbilly Bones

Gone but Not Forgotten:
CH 'PR' Cox's Sweet Mountain Magic 2005-2010

Old Post 10-12-2006 04:38 AM
anscox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for anscox Click here to Send anscox a Private Message Click Here to Email anscox Visit anscox's homepage! Find more posts by anscox Add anscox to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JayTom
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 10-13-2006 12:20 AM
JayTom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JayTom Click here to Send JayTom a Private Message Click Here to Email JayTom Find more posts by JayTom Add JayTom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
M Gusse
UKC Forum Member

One of my old Rock dogs;

1983 Walker Days Winner Gr.Nite Champion Spring Creek Dummy

Old Post 10-13-2006 12:23 AM
M Gusse is offline Click Here to See the Profile for M Gusse Click here to Send M Gusse a Private Message Click Here to Email M Gusse Find more posts by M Gusse Add M Gusse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zapper
UKC Forum Member

Re: What happened to Spring Creek Walkers?

quote:
Originally posted by JayTom
I have been out of coonhunting for eleven years. I am starting back now but I have missed some things I guess. When I stopped hunting Spring Creek Rock was the line breed to have. What has happened to all the Spring Creek dogs? I haven't seen Spring Creek in a single Ped. yet.
I HAVE A FEMALE THAT IS NAILOR ON TOP AND HILLBILLY MAC JR.X SPRING CREEK DEE II ON THE BOTTOM.

Old Post 10-13-2006 03:03 AM
zapper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zapper Click here to Send zapper a Private Message Click Here to Email zapper Find more posts by zapper Add zapper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JayTom
UKC Forum Member

What dog is Dee II from?

Old Post 10-13-2006 05:30 AM
JayTom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JayTom Click here to Send JayTom a Private Message Click Here to Email JayTom Find more posts by JayTom Add JayTom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonhawg
New UKC Forum Member

spring creek hounds

E-LIM-N-ATOR was the last really up close dog i heard out of rock.he was a direct son and a dual grand champion by the time he was 1 year old.
you ought to see the hound i have out of him,biggest,blockiest head you ever seen.and he weghs 90 pounds.his names jack
if you have any old bloodlines magazines,jack is in the september 99 issue.
he is 9 years old now.
if you hear or see of E-LIM-N-ATOR,let me know.i need more pups. thanks and good luck.

Old Post 10-13-2006 12:08 PM
coonhawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhawg Click here to Send coonhawg a Private Message Click Here to Email coonhawg Find more posts by coonhawg Add coonhawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OUTFITKNL'S
UKC Forum Member

What about the Elimonator Dog? Wasnt he spring creek rock?

yes,he was but at 12,500.00 for rock semen that is a hard price ot bill.and you wonder why it is dying out!