UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Pg 600
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rajunrebelblues
UKC Forum Member

Pg 600

Anybody ever use it on a dog if so what were the results also do u give it as a shot or make them swallow it

CH NITE CH'PR'Rajun Rebel Ten Ml. Blue Bullet
GRCH NITE CH'PR'Wolfenbargers Bl. Brat
CH'PR'Macs Rajun Rebel Blue Jazz

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-27-2012 06:11 PM
rajunrebelblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rajunrebelblues Click here to Send rajunrebelblues a Private Message Find more posts by rajunrebelblues Add rajunrebelblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

You Inject it ...

540-421-2875

PR, Saltlick's Blue Misty Linga "Bluetick Coonhound"

French X American Hounds

Old Post 03-27-2012 06:34 PM
Majestic Tree H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majestic Tree H Click here to Send Majestic Tree H a Private Message Click Here to Email Majestic Tree H Visit Majestic Tree H's homepage! Find more posts by Majestic Tree H Add Majestic Tree H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

What is it and what is it for?

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507
CH 'PR' Grady's Dark Woods Waylon -Bluetic

NITECH 'PR' Grady's Insane Tinker Bell (Tink) - Treeing walker --Okla. State Hunt open redg. winner

'PR' Grady's Barley - Treeing Walker

Old Post 03-27-2012 06:45 PM
Okie Dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Dawg Click here to Send Okie Dawg a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Dawg Find more posts by Okie Dawg Add Okie Dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cynthia
UKC Forum Member

helps with AI

http://www.drugs.com/vet/p-g-600.html

2015 AO Overall Dual Champion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It (breeder/owner/handler)
2016 Grand American Overall Dual Ch, Overall Show CHampion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It

AKC CSG, UKC CCH GRCH 'PR' Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)
2010 National Grand Champion Bluetick
2013 AO Bluetick Stud Dog winner

CCH GCH 'PR' Southern Flame Elvira - the one that started it all

southernflamekennel@earthlink.net

RIP Southern Flame Elvira (the cornerstone of the kennel) 5/16/02-1/17/14

RIP Southern Flame Scarlet (the lone Redbone) 5/11/01-7/19/13

RIP Southern Flame Wild Irish Rose (Rosie) 6/15/09 - 3/12/15

RIP Southern Flame Too Hot to Trot (Bonnie) 3/27/07 - 4/20/15

RIP Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)

RIP Southern Flame Triple Trouble (TT) 12/17/04 - 11/19/16

RIP Southern Flame Blame it on the Rain (Rain)

RIP AdeleMay's a Smokey Bandit (Adele)

RIP Southern Flame I Like Ike (Ike)

RIP Bella the Beagle

Bear, Jerry Lee, Camo, Maybellene, Lacy, Thor, Sissy, Merle, Tina, Bridgette - the Blueticks, Hollie - the Aussie

Old Post 03-27-2012 06:54 PM
Cynthia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cynthia Click here to Send Cynthia a Private Message Click Here to Email Cynthia Visit Cynthia's homepage! Find more posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

I'm waiting on a Batch right now which should be here tomorrow ..

One of my Females about a year ago Begain to Short Cycle .. She would start a Stand Heat at 3 days and 2 days later She would be totaly out of Heat, She was due in heat the First week of March but never came in ...

This is one of the Reasons To Use PG600 ..

The last time I used it on one that had Quit Cycling at 5 years old, She came into heat right after the 2nd shot ... It Works Quick !!

I'm Finding that the Way we Keep our Large Pack is that only the TOP Female con't to Cycle Reg. and the Less dominate Females will Slow or even Quit !!

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Last edited by Majestic Tree H on 03-27-2012 at 07:07 PM

Old Post 03-27-2012 07:05 PM
Majestic Tree H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Majestic Tree H Click here to Send Majestic Tree H a Private Message Click Here to Email Majestic Tree H Visit Majestic Tree H's homepage! Find more posts by Majestic Tree H Add Majestic Tree H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cynthia
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Majestic Tree H
I'm waiting on a Batch right now which should be here tomorrow ..

One of my Females about a year ago Begain to Short Cycle .. She would start a Stand Heat at 3 days and 2 days later She would be totaly out of Heat, She was due in heat the First week of March but never came in ...

This is one of the Reasons To Use PG600 ..

The last time I used it on one that had Quit Cycling at 5 years old, She came into heat right after the 2nd shot ... It Works Quick !!

I'm Finding that the Way we Keep our Large Pack is that only the TOP Female con't to Cycle Reg. and the Less dominate Females will Slow or even Quit !!

guess that's how Mother Nature rules out the lesser quality ones...interesting.

2015 AO Overall Dual Champion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It (breeder/owner/handler)
2016 Grand American Overall Dual Ch, Overall Show CHampion NTCH GRCH 'PR' Sexy and I know It

AKC CSG, UKC CCH GRCH 'PR' Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)
2010 National Grand Champion Bluetick
2013 AO Bluetick Stud Dog winner

CCH GCH 'PR' Southern Flame Elvira - the one that started it all

southernflamekennel@earthlink.net

RIP Southern Flame Elvira (the cornerstone of the kennel) 5/16/02-1/17/14

RIP Southern Flame Scarlet (the lone Redbone) 5/11/01-7/19/13

RIP Southern Flame Wild Irish Rose (Rosie) 6/15/09 - 3/12/15

RIP Southern Flame Too Hot to Trot (Bonnie) 3/27/07 - 4/20/15

RIP Southern Flame Bad News Bandit (Bandit)

RIP Southern Flame Triple Trouble (TT) 12/17/04 - 11/19/16

RIP Southern Flame Blame it on the Rain (Rain)

RIP AdeleMay's a Smokey Bandit (Adele)

RIP Southern Flame I Like Ike (Ike)

RIP Bella the Beagle

Bear, Jerry Lee, Camo, Maybellene, Lacy, Thor, Sissy, Merle, Tina, Bridgette - the Blueticks, Hollie - the Aussie

Old Post 03-27-2012 07:10 PM
Cynthia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cynthia Click here to Send Cynthia a Private Message Click Here to Email Cynthia Visit Cynthia's homepage! Find more posts by Cynthia Add Cynthia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Dawg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia
helps with AI

http://www.drugs.com/vet/p-g-600.html

Thanks Cynthia.

Tonkawa Okla. 74653
580-628-0507
CH 'PR' Grady's Dark Woods Waylon -Bluetic

NITECH 'PR' Grady's Insane Tinker Bell (Tink) - Treeing walker --Okla. State Hunt open redg. winner

'PR' Grady's Barley - Treeing Walker

Old Post 03-27-2012 07:11 PM
Okie Dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Dawg Click here to Send Okie Dawg a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Dawg Find more posts by Okie Dawg Add Okie Dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rajunrebelblues
UKC Forum Member

Majestic

Could u please give some directions and dosage instructions on how you use this

Old Post 03-27-2012 09:00 PM
rajunrebelblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rajunrebelblues Click here to Send rajunrebelblues a Private Message Find more posts by rajunrebelblues Add rajunrebelblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

1cc per 20 Lbs. 5 days apart on the First 2 shots then every 7 days if needed till they Come In .. My Female Started on the 9th day and did'nt need a 3rd shot ..

Bitch problems are a popular topic among breeders, but the truth is, most bitches have no problems. Bitches do everything to maintain their body and if there is excess, they reproduce. The number one issue that costs us money is bitches that are not cycling. If we have a number of females are not cycling, the first thing to look at is their diet and vitamins. Poor quality protein and imbalanced vitamins can be the cause, and you can correct cycling if they have the right diet, vitamins and minerals.

In the wild dog pack, one or two alpha bitches will cycle, while the rest do not. There may be 4 or more females, but their ovaries will stay in anestrous (quiet ovary) and out of heat. This is good - the best genetics will breed while the rest contribute to feeding. Skipping heats can send normal adult bitches into anestrous as well.

It's hard on bitches to rest them and intermittently breed them. Typically the first litter after the "rest" is difficult for the bitch and there will also be fewer weaned puppies. However, if we do a good job feeding and whelping females, they can cycle again with no issues at their normal 6-month interval.

We also see this phenomenon in the kennel with the young female. We'll skip heats to get the dog physically and mentally ready to raise a litter, but then they stop cycling. Small breeds and especially poodles are notorious for doing this. This dog is easily started again!

What to do if I have females not cycling?

First, make sure everything is normal with your system, especially with their diet. Ask your veterinarian for help if there is any debate.

Put the females on a vitamin mineral supplement daily. More vitamin and mineral issues have been diagnosed in the last few years - there are many reasons, but the important thing is: they are easy to correct. While bringing them in we want optimum levels in the female. I like Doc Roy's® Daily Care as it is easy to use, it's made in the USA, and it's economical.

In pigs, PG 600 is the hormone used to start cycling in gilts. It knocks the scar tissue off the ovary, allowing the ovary to start cycling. Dogs also respond well to PG 600 - use at 1cc/20 pounds. For the best results, give the first two doses 5 days apart, then weekly until in heat. Many breeders will say Monday and Friday and then every Friday. Most are in heat by the third week, but if there is any question you can give one more injection, with a maximum of 6 injections.

PG 600 is a great management tool and I commonly use it in young females who are old enough to breed but are not coming in or have an irregular heat cycle. We are 80% successful at getting these maiden females to cycle again. If there is one tool you can use to manage your females more effectively, it's PG 600 to keep your bitches cycling regularly, for healthier moms and pups every time.

Dr. B

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Old Post 03-27-2012 09:30 PM
rajunrebelblues
UKC Forum Member

Thanks majestic

Old Post 03-28-2012 06:49 PM
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

No Problum ... I just Got my order from Revival Animal Health about a hour ago ..

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Old Post 03-28-2012 06:54 PM
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

///////

i used it with great results she came in heat after 2nd. shot has 7 nice pups any ???? call

Old Post 03-29-2012 01:13 AM
AndyMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyMiller Click here to Send AndyMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email AndyMiller Find more posts by AndyMiller Add AndyMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OTB_Bullies
New UKC Forum Member

has there been any reports of pg600 being fatal?

Old Post 02-20-2013 03:22 PM
OTB_Bullies is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OTB_Bullies Click here to Send OTB_Bullies a Private Message Click Here to Email OTB_Bullies Visit OTB_Bullies's homepage! Find more posts by OTB_Bullies Add OTB_Bullies to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Not in the Findings or Trials ... But if it was given during proestrus, superovulation may result.. Meaning ALOT of Eggs Drop !! and A Huge Litter ..

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Old Post 02-20-2013 03:50 PM
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

Cut and Paste -"www.congreso.laveccs.org/res2012/ Reproduccion_METODOS%20Y%20RESULTADOS%20MICHELLE%2
0A%20KUTZLER.pdf"

This is a Very Good Paper on the Subject and Details about everything you could want to know about "Induction of Estrous in Canines"

This is another from VetMed LSU ..

http://www.vetmed.lsu.edu/eiltslotu...%20estrus_3.htm

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Last edited by Majestic Tree H on 02-20-2013 at 05:07 PM

Old Post 02-20-2013 04:01 PM
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

James T. Powers "Tidewaters Kennel" came to me to Collect on some of his males plus he wanted to have Pups absolutely Ready on the Ground for this Walker Days .. I gave his bitch the First Shot of PG600 and He followed up on the Remainder of the Shots till his bitch came in .. Dead on the money She cycled plus Droped a Large !!! Litter of very healthy Pups !!!!

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Old Post 02-20-2013 04:15 PM
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

I was just reading the Data Sheet on it .. And I'm trying to Figure out how we can Devide up the ingredence so that we Don't have to Mix it all at one time .. if you look below it states don't keep it more than 24 hr .. ?? which is different than what the Vet at Revival Health Said .. http://www.msd-animal-health.co.uk/..._datasheet.aspx

Pharmaceutical precautions
Do not store above 25°C. Protect from light.
This product does not contain a preservative.
Reconstituted product should be stored no longer than 24 hours at 2-8°C.
When the container is broached (opened) for the first time, use the in-use shelf life which is specified on the package leaflet to calculate the time on which any remaining product should be discarded. This discard time should be written in the space provided on the label. Discard unused solution. Keep container in outer carton.
Dispose of any unused product and empty containers in accordance with guidance from your local waste regulation authority.

Another Paper I was reading was on which is better to Inject it as Subcutaneous (under the Skin) or Intramuscular and the paper said they had about the exact same resuilts either way .. I know it Burns like All Heck Intramuscular ..

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Last edited by Majestic Tree H on 02-20-2013 at 05:42 PM

Old Post 02-20-2013 05:37 PM
OTB_Bullies
New UKC Forum Member

I read an article where some goat/sheep farmers would freeze the unused portion so they did not waste a five dose vial...most places discontinued the single 5 dose vials

Old Post 02-20-2013 08:10 PM
OTB_Bullies is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OTB_Bullies Click here to Send OTB_Bullies a Private Message Click Here to Email OTB_Bullies Visit OTB_Bullies's homepage! Find more posts by OTB_Bullies Add OTB_Bullies to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patches9452
UKC Forum Member

does this put them in a fertal heat or just get them cycling properly

Old Post 02-20-2013 08:23 PM
patches9452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches9452 Click here to Send patches9452 a Private Message Click Here to Email patches9452 Find more posts by patches9452 Add patches9452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Majestic Tree H
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by patches9452
does this put them in a fertal heat or just get them cycling properly

Their Ready to Rock and Roll !! Their Droping Eggs

540-421-2875

French X American Hounds

Old Post 02-20-2013 09:11 PM
glynnsdawgs63
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 06-21-2021 10:16 PM
glynnsdawgs63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for glynnsdawgs63 Click here to Send glynnsdawgs63 a Private Message Visit glynnsdawgs63's homepage! Find more posts by glynnsdawgs63 Add glynnsdawgs63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Riverbottom Ron
UKC Forum Member

Revival Animal Health

Go on there web site Dr B is a reproduction specialist in K 9 he has a articulate on the use of PG 600 it will tell ya all ya need to know how to use it with good results ,all the info about it on here was good. Have a Blessed One ,from The Riverbottom ,Ron.

ALWAYS REMEMBER GOD GAVE US FRIENDS AND COONHOUNDS, " I AM A GREATLY BLESSED",HIGHLY FAVORED" " IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD "KEEP YOUR {FAITH IN GOD } FAITH SEES THE INVISIBLE,BELIEVES THE INCREDIBLE,AND RECIEVES THE IMPOSSIBLE. WERE BLESSED !!

Old Post 06-22-2021 03:45 AM
Riverbottom Ron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Riverbottom Ron Click here to Send Riverbottom Ron a Private Message Find more posts by Riverbottom Ron Add Riverbottom Ron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I feel in control situations and with the proper knowledge. PG600 will and does work. However with the knowledge most have, I would highly suggest this product is not used on hounds. Read and study about what it does to the female and what using the drug then does to allow the heat cycle. I would suggest to over 80% of the people out there. To never think about using this. Those knowledgeable and want pups born at a certain time of the year. It does work. Until the female is ruined.

Old Post 06-22-2021 08:02 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tom Johnson
UKC Forum Member

BTT

Old Post 06-03-2023 06:37 PM
Tom Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tom Johnson Click here to Send Tom Johnson a Private Message Find more posts by Tom Johnson Add Tom Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote