UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Who hunts with a savage rascal?
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

The synthetic stock was 130.00, the wood stock was 170.00. The wood stock was just cool lookin.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-16-2020 09:59 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Roy Grant

Thank you, I know what you mean about wood stocks, I personally am old school and prefer Walnut stocked guns. My Chipmunk and Cricket both have walnut stocks, they just look better. Dave

Old Post 01-16-2020 10:54 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
groworg1
UKC Forum Member

i'll stick to my 1935 ish winchester model 67-22 its killed hundreds of coons light weight deadly accurate single shot cost about 5 dollars brand new

Old Post 01-17-2020 12:49 AM
groworg1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for groworg1 Click here to Send groworg1 a Private Message Click Here to Email groworg1 Find more posts by groworg1 Add groworg1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

groworg1

Yes, the old Winchesters and Remington single shots are hard to beat. The problem as you get older is weight, you want to go as light as you can get, or at least I do. Another thing is that the old guns are now collector items and are worth way more in value if you don't beat them up coon hunting. Get something light, easy to carry and something you can bang around without being concerned about the value. I have a couple of Winchester pump 22 that I love to shoot, but are too valuable to coon hunt with. Dave

Old Post 01-17-2020 04:53 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Roy Grant
The synthetic stock was 130.00, the wood stock was 170.00. The wood stock was just cool lookin.

If you get a chance to shoot some groups I'd be interested in the results

Old Post 01-17-2020 10:30 AM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I got the cricket I drilled the hole out in the peep sight bigger so I could see through it better.

Tar

Old Post 01-17-2020 12:16 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Has anyone tried the Henry Mini Bolt rifle. Cost about $200 but is stainless.

Old Post 01-20-2020 10:29 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Has anyone tried the Henry Mini Bolt rifle. Cost about $200 but is stainless.

Old Post 01-20-2020 10:29 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

Henry makes nice products for the most part. I would go handle one in person...it’s tiny. It’s also single shot. If that’s what you are looking for, you should like it.

Old Post 01-20-2020 10:38 PM
Wes Coffman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Coffman Click here to Send Wes Coffman a Private Message Click Here to Email Wes Coffman Find more posts by Wes Coffman Add Wes Coffman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Henry mini bolt

I have had the Henry mini bolt and Henry Accubolt, both stainless steel. I like the Accubolt better as it's for an adult, basically the same gun only larger and comes in 22 magnum, I have the 22 magnum, very accurate gun. Dave

Old Post 01-21-2020 01:46 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tom Wood

I owned and used the Henry mini bolt, they are nice guns, but I bought a Henry Accubolt 22 magnum that I li me better. The Accubolt is HEAVIER, it's more of an adult size but it's really nice. Approx 1 pound HEAVIER 4 lbs VS 3 pounds.

Last edited by Dave Richards on 01-21-2020 at 08:42 PM

Old Post 01-21-2020 06:50 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tom Wood

Tom, for the money 99.00 on sale the Rossi RS22 Automatic clip fed is the perfect coon hunting rifle, weighs 4 pounds had great open sights and grooved for a scope. Takes Mossberg plinkston clips as well as the Rossi clips, great size and has sling swivels already attached to the stock, compact length, good shooter and you can't beat the price. Dave

Old Post 01-21-2020 09:30 PM