UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Rqe Numbers Dropping!
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tnredman
UKC Forum Member

Really !!!

To me it doesnt matter how many people are at the RQE's if your a serious ukc hunter, qualifying, getting through the zone and placing in the top 25 is a big accomplishment it shouldnt be about the money
if all you care about is the money then my opinion is you truly dont love the sport its the prestige of having a dog in the world hunt
I have loved this sport for over 30 years and I have not ever did it for the money I do it for love of the sport

Home of Gr. NITE Ch. Backwoods Lockdown Sam
423-253-5439

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-12-2018 05:10 PM
tnredman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tnredman Click here to Send tnredman a Private Message Click Here to Email tnredman Find more posts by tnredman Add tnredman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tnredman

I commend your post, as I love the sport myself. I agree it is not about the money for those of us that live the sport. That said, it is about the money for some people , as they invest a lot of money and time, trying to make a name for themselves by winning a World Championship. We no longer have the average coonhunter competing with the the average coonhunter, The playing field has attracted the money men and paid handlers, it's just the way it is! Dave

Old Post 07-12-2018 05:32 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tnredman
UKC Forum Member

Dave I do agree with you why do you think cheating and not following the rules are on the rise these guys will do what ever it takes to win its corrupting the sport I do spend money to chase my dreams
but I will always be honest in everything I do

Home of Gr. NITE Ch. Backwoods Lockdown Sam
423-253-5439

Old Post 07-12-2018 05:49 PM
tnredman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tnredman Click here to Send tnredman a Private Message Click Here to Email tnredman Find more posts by tnredman Add tnredman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tnredman

Just as you stated, some will do anything to win, they don't care how they win, they just want to win! Honor is becoming a rare quality, or so it seems. My thoughts are the paid handlers are to blame, not all of them, but a lot of them. They are paid to win , not just compete! Don't get me wrong, we all like to win, but when you are getting paid to win it definitely causes problems, Imo. Dave

Old Post 07-12-2018 07:40 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Last year at the $$$ world hunt the Feds waited till a guy entered up and arrested him he had a kilo in his truck. The coonhunt now days is just a front for some that are flush with cash and not in their right mind. There needs to be a house cleaning no more blind eye then numbers will go up jmo.

Tar

Old Post 07-12-2018 07:47 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ronald Stroud
UKC Forum Member

I think one of the reasons the entries are down is that there are a.lot more RQE'S than there used to be. A few years ago it was most possible for a club to get one. Now there are having them on Friday nights also. Our club in Rogersville TN usually has one of the larger ones in the country but a lot of our local guys they usually hunt ours are already qualified by our RQE in June

Old Post 07-12-2018 11:13 PM
Ronald Stroud is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ronald Stroud Click here to Send Ronald Stroud a Private Message Click Here to Email Ronald Stroud Find more posts by Ronald Stroud Add Ronald Stroud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Last year at the $$$ world hunt the Feds waited till a guy entered up and arrested him he had a kilo in his truck. The coonhunt now days is just a front for some that are flush with cash and not in their right mind. There needs to be a house cleaning no more blind eye then numbers will go up jmo.

Tar

TAR BABY , PRAY TELL AND SAY IT AIN'T SO ! LOL I will say one thing TAR you sure don't mind talking about the turds in the punch bowl or the elephant in the room. shoot fire bud throw one of marcell jumbo sticks of fishing dynamite next time.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Last edited by Chuck Allen on 07-13-2018 at 04:46 AM

Old Post 07-13-2018 04:42 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Sometimes on Facebook you know about it before it really happens 😜😜😜

Tar

Old Post 07-13-2018 01:07 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Last year at the $$$ world hunt the Feds waited till a guy entered up and arrested him he had a kilo in his truck.
Tar

Oh my goodness.... Did this really happen or is this just "fake news" that Tarbaby saw on Facebook? Which $$$ world hunt was it?

Old Post 07-13-2018 02:31 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Richard it's code $$$ means one kc $$$$ means the other yea it happened they was watching his Facebook and he said he was going to be there when he entered they nabbed him. Years ago I was at 5 major hunts the same dog box with the same bumper sticker was sold at all in different states just pull in box was sold and it left never a dog in it we just would say there's that dog box again lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-13-2018 02:37 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness... I remember years ago when a buddy of mine sold a dog for some real big money. Everyone knew that he was overpriced but a guy showed up with a paper grocery sack full of cash and bought the dog sight unseen. We all thought that it was a little funny. Two months later the DEA arrested the guy. But it was years ago. I didn't think that kind of thing still happened.

Old Post 07-13-2018 03:20 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

Most coonhunters and dog men make used car salesman look honest. Not all but most..

Old Post 07-13-2018 04:35 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Any idea when the the last 100+entry RQE took place?

Old Post 07-14-2018 03:05 AM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Tar

And when that happened up there and a friend came in that was on that cast I leaned over and asked my traveling partner, is this really a sport we want to be involved in anymore?

I have 2 daughters that love the dogs and one is ate up with it as bad as I ever was as a kid. She likes the local hunts and I love taking her. But, a big reason I don’t support my local clubs or take my daughter is because of all that goes on. I have never tried to make out like I was a Saint as I fall far from it. But, the way grown men talk at the clubs in the presence of ladies and children truly disgust me. No doubt I have used foul language but I also know how to shut it down around women and children. It doesn’t make me better than them I just saying one needs to be respectful. I do not want to have my daughters around it and in all honesty I getting more tired of it myself. One guy told me it wasn’t a Church gathering and I know that but coon hunters generally don’t keep the best reputations in our area and I understand why. We are our own worse enemy.
Another reason is social media. You get beat or a question arises on a cast before you get back to club it’s on FB. Everyone wants to report everything.
So much easier to just pleasure hunt anymore and look at the match ups of those glutton for punishment on the web

Old Post 07-14-2018 04:40 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Harder
UKC Forum Member

Dang. After reading this thread I think I need to sell my pup I got in January to get involved in the sport...

Iraq War Vet 03-04, 05-06
RECON
618-410-3034

Old Post 07-14-2018 05:49 AM
Nathan Harder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Harder Click here to Send Nathan Harder a Private Message Click Here to Email Nathan Harder Find more posts by Nathan Harder Add Nathan Harder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ronald Stroud
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ricochet17
we had 103 at Hawkins County Coon Club in Rogersville TN in 2009. The finals were here that year also may be . why. We had 107 in 2006 or 2007 one.

Old Post 07-14-2018 02:18 PM
Ronald Stroud is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ronald Stroud Click here to Send Ronald Stroud a Private Message Click Here to Email Ronald Stroud Find more posts by Ronald Stroud Add Ronald Stroud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ronald Stroud
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ricochet17
we had 103 at Hawkins County Coon Club in Rogersville TN in 2009. The finals were here that year also may be . why. We had 107 in 2006 or 2007 one.

Old Post 07-14-2018 02:18 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Squatch308
Dang. After reading this thread I think I need to sell my pup I got in January to get involved in the sport...

If you were tuff enough to stand up to men shooting at you, then surely you can stand up to a few sorry coonhunters.

Old Post 07-14-2018 02:38 PM
yadkintar
Banned

We used to stand up to them Richard now they won't let us we have to have a majority vote lmbo.

Tar

Old Post 07-14-2018 02:42 PM
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Squatch308

Stay the course DEVIL DOG! and depending on how much you hunt if you have a GARMIN ALPHA and 2 TT-15 collars you can train 2 pups.

PM sent

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 07-14-2018 03:02 PM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ronald Stroud

Those numbers would be quite impressive at these times. Only would a breed RQE might get close.

Old Post 07-14-2018 03:02 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cliff Thornburg
UKC Forum Member

Lots of reasons numbers are down. Dirt track racing has the very same problems.

1. The rise of children In sports and traveling sports.
2. Many entertainment options.
3. Less of a middle class.
4. Less hands on agrarian economy.

All these things we can’t control. But one thing we can control is the prestige of winning.

I can’t tell you almost any dogs that have won the ukc world. A crossbred dog was a controversy this year but still couldn’t tell you who won it. I think if bloodlines gave the winner a free page ad for the whole year maybe it would increase breeding to world champion and make it more incentive to win the thing.
Lots of big hunts every year so I would try to stand out.

Old Post 07-14-2018 03:06 PM
Cliff Thornburg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff Thornburg Click here to Send Cliff Thornburg a Private Message Visit Cliff Thornburg's homepage! Find more posts by Cliff Thornburg Add Cliff Thornburg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

If I were to ever win the UKC World, I bet that everyone would know about it for years to come. I am a very poor winner.

Old Post 07-14-2018 03:12 PM
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
If I were to ever win the UKC World, I bet that everyone would know about it for years to come. I am a very poor winner.

I would be the same way. I would keep shirts and caps with a picture of me the dog and trophy and hand out regular. They would think I won it every year

Old Post 07-14-2018 03:20 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Yea but that bumper sticker to put on your dog box to let everybody know you went was the bomb !! I got lots hats.

Tar

Old Post 07-14-2018 03:39 PM