UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Lets Talk Grand Masters.
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

I get it !! But ukc is already there the week before autum oaks to put this hunt on !! If Friday and Saturday is for the top 64 if full. Take the ones that entered the slams but didn't win their cast and on Thursday if they get a double cast win then they advance to Friday and have a shot against the top 64 and that revenue from Thursday goes in the final payout which would make it bigger and more attractive.

You old farts need to think outside the box !!

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-01-2018 11:24 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

If and when they get 64 cast winners, it would only cheapen the status of top dogs to allow non cast winners to compete. 64 seems like a manageable number to UKC and that's all that matters! Now, my opinion is just that, it is only my opinion. Dave

Old Post 07-01-2018 11:48 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Dave I don't know how many are qualified right now but here it is July and have two here at the end of the month oaks is in August what you going to do if 64 are pre qualified and pre entered before you even get to hunt ?

Just thinking outside the box maaaaaaaan !

Tar

Old Post 07-01-2018 11:54 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Only UKC can answer that question, it certainly could happen. Dave

Old Post 07-02-2018 12:10 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
If Allen could figure out the answer to that question, then he could get the Grand Masters filled. Actually, it is $300 for a chance for 4 dogs to win a part of "maybe" $20,000. The other 60 or so dogs only get $0. Maybe most UKC hunters can't take a week off from work, spend $300 entry fee and $500 for travel expenses just to take a shot at trying to beat those Pro Handlers and their high powered comp dogs. It is hard for an amateur to compete with a guy that does it for a living. Maybe UKC should consider that when they do something to attract those Pro's then they are squeezing out their amateur base at the same time.

The amateurs and everybody else have hunts all across the country every Friday and Saturday night with a $15-20 entry fee if they don't want to pay the bigger $ or are not able to travel. Nothing has changed for the base local hunts, breed hunts, AO, WC. This hunt is to draw those who are looking for something at a different level. Whether he is the average Joe paying his own way or a paid handler the guys that will enter this enjoy competition hunting at a higher level. UKC is trying to give those guys something different and maybe draw back some they lost a long time ago. Pro handlers, what do you consider that? How long does it take a guy to become one? How many wins does it take? How many hunts? How much money won? These guys that are paid to hunt still have to put the time in, night in night out. Should they be eliminated because not everyone hunts like that or are not paid to do it. How old does a guy have to be to become a pro? How many hunts does it take? How many titles does you have to win? Should there be a cut off because it's a UKC hunt? Some of you are in your 60's and 70's and been in hunts since you were teenagers what's the line of becoming a Pro? Nearly everyone on here is old enough that you shouldn't worry about whether a guy is paying his own way or someone is paying him to hunt. Either way boot leather makes dogs and lack of sleep. UKC is doing all they can to draw more back in some they lost and others something bigger to hunt for give credit where credit is due. Some on here would gripe if it was a free entry and you started out with a 225 point head start for any so called amateur. This hunt has been happening for a few years now and UKC has made changes each year some rules worked and some needed changed and were. As for the way the entries to go are taken I can see them making changes as needed they have before but this year like the others the rules are there in black and white. Not trying to stir any chit but I'm sure it will.
Chey

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 07-02-2018 12:40 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Glad to know I am not just old , fat and wore out I am instead a professional lol.

I like it 🎉🎉🍻🍕🍕

Tar

Old Post 07-02-2018 01:04 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Tar you are on a level of your own

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 07-02-2018 01:12 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I am eating fresh tomatoes right now just sayen lol.

Exuberantly professional

Tar

Old Post 07-02-2018 01:17 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Does this mean we have to call you Mr. Tar? Think that I am just going to start practicing ! Wait a minute, I may be a pro, or at least an old fart that hunts. Lol. Dave

Old Post 07-02-2018 01:18 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I am eating fresh tomatoes right now just sayen lol.

Exuberantly professional

Tar

You can keep em but Jen says she is jealous.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 07-02-2018 01:32 AM
yadkintar
Banned

Tell her I am fixing to send her a picture they are all getting ripe at once I am going to use Mrs tars phone it takes better pictures if y'all were closer I would give y'all a bunch.

Tar

Old Post 07-02-2018 01:38 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Still waiting on Richard for definition. A buddy of mine has won over 200,000 should I tell him he can't hunt in our a super slam? He sometimes comes to our local UKC hunts what do we do about that?

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 07-02-2018 01:47 AM
yadkintar
Banned

I am just the oppisate i would like to see them hunt 200+ dogs.

Tar

Old Post 07-02-2018 02:20 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

A professional is someone that does it for a living. They get paid to do it. Age or experience doesn't matter. I never said anything about them not hunting. What I said was that "I think" most amateurs have a hard time competing with them and maybe that is why the Grand Masters doesn't fill up. Nowhere did I say that they shouldn't hunt in it. Oh my goodness....

Old Post 07-02-2018 07:38 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
A professional is someone that does it for a living. They get paid to do it. Age or experience doesn't matter. I never said anything about them not hunting. What I said was that "I think" most amateurs have a hard time competing with them and maybe that is why the Grand Masters doesn't fill up. Nowhere did I say that they shouldn't hunt in it. Oh my goodness....

No my grandson who is 5 is an amateur. Grown men who have been hunting for decades are not.
Sorry Tar and Dave unless someone is paying you to hunt Richard says you are not pros. Tar that makes you a retired pro lol. Me I'll probably never be hunting my own dogs. And for the record there are very few of these guys who don't have a regular job.
Why it hasn't filled has nothing to do with your amateur vs pro it's PR and getting the word out about this hunt with some other factors that always come into play and any newer program takes time to grow.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 07-02-2018 02:22 PM
yadkintar
Banned

So does that mean my Thursday night deal is no good ? Way I see it all these hunts what's missing is the hype , the build up , the big drum roll before the cymbals clash. And just think a guy has to hunt an extra night on Thursday to make it to Friday but just think what it would say about a guy and his dog if he did it and won the whole thing you talk about a fashion statement!! But then who ever won it would be more money in the pot.

Tar

Old Post 07-02-2018 02:34 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Richard, if you look at the past winners of the Grand Masters, it's just awful hard to make your case that the amateurs have a hard time competing with the "pros" or even think that. I mean look at Risley. Nothing but dog. He is as far from pro as it is possible to get. Brings nothing to a coonhunt but a coon dog. And he hasn't missed one yet.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 07-02-2018 04:12 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Jim in the past it has been a good hunt for amateurs. They are talking about changing it, adding more money and trying to attract the Pro's. And Mr Risley is a prime example of nice guys don't always finish last.

Just because you are an amateur doesn't mean you aren't good or very experienced at whatever you do. There are real good amateurs and not so good amateurs. Just as there are real good Pro's and not as good Pro's. I was a Pro for a couple of years but I was one of those not so good Pro's, So I quit and regained my amateur status.
Tarbaby, dd you change your "style" of handling when you gave up your Pro status and rejoined the amateurs?

Old Post 07-02-2018 06:26 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

When I was a pro I would cheat your butt so slick you would think I was doing you a favor. Now I am old enough and experienced enough I will just keep my mouth shut and let you cost yourself the hunt.

I don't want it as bad tho.

Tar

Old Post 07-02-2018 06:33 PM
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
If you are a amateur but you hire a pro to handle does that mean you are a pro also.

Old Post 07-02-2018 08:15 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Johnny, in your case it would just mean that you were smarter.

Old Post 07-02-2018 08:18 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Confession time : I ain't been that guy in a long , long time ken jones goes by red feather on here hunted with him since I was 18 yrs old he was here yesterday to get a start of the fishing worms I raise he told Mrs tar and I quote : Robby was a triple handful we used to threaten him with bodily harm regularly to try and keep him in check.

But I am sugar plum sweet now lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-02-2018 08:31 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Don't you mean "honeybun" sweet? LOL. Dave

Old Post 07-02-2018 09:07 PM
yadkintar
Banned

At the moment I am out lol.

Tar

Old Post 07-02-2018 09:10 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

You gotta start somewhere. Hank Aaron and Ted Williams were rookies at one time,

Old Post 07-02-2018 09:19 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote