UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Old Prospectors Cabin
Pages (19): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Old Prospectors Cabin

I've been asked to start a new thread to answer some of you guys question about gold prospecting .http://www.buckeyegold.com/ This is my home chapter of the Gold Prospectors of America Association (GPAA) , It is a great orginization to belong to. If you would join it you automatically have access to over 500 gold claims to go to and prospect for the yellowstone that all men dream of .And you get to keep all the gold you find. I will be posting links and pics on here and will try to answer your questions .

Gold Life member of G.P.A.A. #257936
Member of The Lost Dutchman's Mining Association #02890729

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-27-2013 06:33 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.goldfeverprospecting.com/goprsu.html This link will take you to the prospectors Wishbook ,,lol , This will have just about anything under the sun for a guy to get started prospecting ,from just the basic tools on up to the big boy toys . I will recommend this guy as I have done businees with him in the past ,He fills your order and ships it out in very timely manner too.

Old Post 03-27-2013 06:46 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...mp;pagenumber=2

Pic of a Jade nugget about the size of my fist .

Old Post 03-27-2013 07:11 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

I need to set myself up with a picture account ,,lol.

Old Post 03-27-2013 07:16 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Mineral Laws

This is where things get a little sticky . I don't have web link for all the states laws on this matter . But I do know alot of streams like trout streams in Pa. is protected same for Ohio streams with live mussels in the gravel beds . You will need to do some research in the state that you plan to prospect in . But if you know a land owner that will give you written permission to prospect in his Creek providing he owns it ,you should be OK . But that was one of the reasons I joined the GPAA , there are enough claims owned or leased from landowners to relieve a little worry from you . If you have doubts to the matter you can contact the State Dept .of Natural Rescources to help you out . But boys if you reaaly want to do this you will have do some research on your own . Idid and still do research . I've gotten gold from Alaska .Ohio,Ind., Ill., Mo. and Idaho . LOL,I have yet to find any in my home state of WVa . But that is the lure of gold ,Boys its all in the hunt for it ,,,,,If it was easy to find We would all be rich . Don't get me wrong its not easy work ,but it is a great relaxing hobby that get you out in some beautiful country ,meet new interesting people ,,that sometimes old Mother Earth will reward you with some of her wealth . Theres an Old Prospectors saying that goes "May your bottom turn yellow !!" meaning hope you find alot of gold .

Old Post 03-27-2013 07:47 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Free Tips

http://www.goldfeverprospecting.com/goprti.html

Old Post 03-27-2013 08:56 PM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

If it ever warms up again. Im gonna go try and find the mother load here lol. I got me a gold pan.

Old Post 03-27-2013 09:57 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Ga. Has a rich history about gold from way back . I promise you Dawg you will find you some gold. What County do you live in Michael ? I'll look at my guide to help you out .

Old Post 03-27-2013 10:06 PM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Im in North Forsyth co close to Dawson co and a few miles from Cherokee co. Im in the etowah river basin.

Old Post 03-27-2013 11:08 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
Im in North Forsyth co close to Dawson co and a few miles from Cherokee co. Im in the etowah river basin.
Michael , I remember this area now that we spoke about on the phone . you are right in the middle of the Dahlonega gold belt area . Wheres Ball Ground at in Cherokee at ? Dawsonville and Cumming has gold too . The closer you can get down to bedrock the better off you will be . I hope this works ,, I sent a PM to a guy to try to post it on here for me ,,,I will try it myself again .

Old Post 03-27-2013 11:59 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Geological Maps of all 50 States

http://geology.about.com/od/maps/ig/stategeomaps/

Old Post 03-28-2013 02:16 AM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

This will give you some ideas !

http://www.prospectingchannel.com/indexPC.html

Hope this helps guys .

Old Post 03-28-2013 02:20 AM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.buckeyegold.proboards.com/

Gold is at $1598.20 an ounce this morning,Anyone up to finding any today ?

Old Post 03-28-2013 02:19 PM
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

When Chuck came down here we found gold about a mile from my house!!!

NITECH CH HTX PR SHANNON'S HILLBILLY CHIEF 6 CAST WINS
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY LUCIE
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY MAXIE

If you can read this thank a TEACHER
If you can read this in English, thank a VETERAN

www.freewebs.com/shannonshowmekennels

United States Army Retired

Old Post 03-28-2013 02:56 PM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mike shannon
When Chuck came down here we found gold about a mile from my house!!!
Yes Sir ,We did . And just like Gen.MacAurther said "I Shall Return " ,,,,lol,,And thats the truth .

Old Post 03-28-2013 03:47 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/private.p...ssageid=4560275

Old Post 03-28-2013 03:52 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by chuck west
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/private.p...ssageid=4560275
Mr. casper ,not to burst your bubble too bad,The gold that your "Seeing" in the ditches and stream in Colorado is more than likely Mica I've seen it too as probably others on here reading as well.
. Gold is really heavy over 19 times heavier than water ,so gold sinks rather rapid like . heres a clue/tip ,if you got some Mica in your pan in bright sunlight,move your hand over it so its in the shade /shadow of you hand ,The Mica will quit shining and become dull colored . You do the same thing with Gold in your pan ,move it to shade and gold still shines . Now Ohio has gold in about any stream you can get to brought in by the glaciers that covered the state back 12 to 14,000 years back . The cheaper metal detectors at Radio Shack are OK to learn/start out with to find stuff 2or3 inches down ,but if your after gold you need to invest a few hundred dollars more,, Rule of thumb is for every inch down you will need to spend $100.00 ,,,,, 6or7 inches down is a $700.00 dollar rig

Old Post 03-28-2013 04:16 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Tips

I need to start giving you guys some tips and hints .

Old Post 03-29-2013 05:31 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the...ice-of-gold.htm
Here is some info on gold .

Old Post 03-29-2013 06:42 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.akmining.com/mine/recsites.htmhttp://

If anyone get the chance this year or next this may help you out .I can personally say that I have found gold,Jade ,Garnets and some low grade diamonds in some of those spots .

When it opens up it says the page can't be found ,,just go ahead and click on some of the titles they will open .

Last edited by chuck west on 03-30-2013 at 08:29 PM

Old Post 03-30-2013 08:07 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

http://www.buckabillysluice.com/

When you see old Chuck heading up a creekbed with one of these you can bet I've already found me a hot spot to work,,,lol,, Maybe one day I will break down and buy a dredge but for now this works and a heck of alot quieter ,,,lol.

Old Post 03-30-2013 08:47 PM
smartin0022
UKC Forum Member

Is there any gold in eagle creek in KY? How about Elkhorn Creek both are close to me.

Old Post 04-01-2013 02:14 PM
smartin0022 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for smartin0022 Click here to Send smartin0022 a Private Message Click Here to Email smartin0022 Find more posts by smartin0022 Add smartin0022 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by smartin0022
Is there any gold in eagle creek in KY? How about Elkhorn Creek both are close to me.
I'll get back with you in a little bit,OK??

Old Post 04-01-2013 02:53 PM
smartin0022
UKC Forum Member

K

Old Post 04-01-2013 03:21 PM
smartin0022 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for smartin0022 Click here to Send smartin0022 a Private Message Click Here to Email smartin0022 Find more posts by smartin0022 Add smartin0022 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by smartin0022
What Counties are they in ?? Ky. is like my home state of WVa ,,Got short changed really bad in the gold department . You can find some ,but not alot .Head for Tenn. or Ga. or the Carolinas if you want to find you some gold . Tell me a few of you surrounding Counties and I can head you in the direction of different buried gold and siver coins etc. But that is metal detector work .

Old Post 04-01-2013 05:16 PM