UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Stud Dogs on Ice
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
william endress
UKC Forum Member

Stud Dogs on Ice

Spill the beans. Who knows what departed stud dogs have semen stored up. Just currious. I have been hearing through the grape vine a lot of dogs have 2 or 3 breadins stored up. Just no way to find out for sure. I know collecting has been going on for a while, like Srping creek rock, Hardtime Rocky, Tar rattle, Lipper. Lets see how long the list will get. Any breed.

Last edited by william endress on 11-07-2016 at 03:57 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-18-2007 03:02 AM
william endress is offline Click Here to See the Profile for william endress Click here to Send william endress a Private Message Click Here to Email william endress Find more posts by william endress Add william endress to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypoe
Banned

Duel Grand Wilcox Thunder Bingo ( almost all gone)
Duel Grand Wilcox Thunder ST Nick ( limited amount)

Nailer (think this is about gone as well)

GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy (limited/privite supply)

Im sure there are a bunch more, those are off the top of my head.

As soon as he is done with his meds for RMSF we will be storing 100 straws from Loose for our own future use. I wanted to have his sire, Frank, drawn however his owner isnt crazy about the whole frozen semen thing.

RIP Loose

Old Post 06-18-2007 03:11 AM
larrypoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for larrypoe Click here to Send larrypoe a Private Message Click Here to Email larrypoe Find more posts by larrypoe Add larrypoe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
william endress
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 06-19-2007 12:49 AM
william endress is offline Click Here to See the Profile for william endress Click here to Send william endress a Private Message Click Here to Email william endress Find more posts by william endress Add william endress to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Okie Hunter
UKC Forum Member

I know this is an old thread, but....

it has some information relevant to today.

From the list above:

Cabin Creek Rowdy..... 19 straws on ice. Never has been used and not for sale. Maybe someday David Minson will let a straw or two go to the right female.

Wilcox Thunder Bingo.... not sure how many straws are still available, but I have one straw left at All Pets in Altus, Oklahoma. A good friend of mine in Texas purchased these like thirteen or fourteen years ago.

Plus Point Blue Boy Bruiser.... 66 straws currently on ice at Once Frozen in Oklahoma City. A very limited number of these can be purchased from my ex-wife. She will keep a good supply to give to our three sons to use down the road.

Pine Knob Durango.... I own the last three straws of Durango semen. It is my hope that I will use it someday on a direct daughter of Bingo.

Briar Valley Nite Prowler.... Mike Jameson has a handful of Prowler semen and I purchased one breeding from him a few months ago for my own personal use. Would love to see this crossed on a Bingo female or perhaps a Durango female if that comes to fruition in the future.

Sunset Party Dancer.... 10 straws on ice at Once Frozen. The entire lot of these are available for purchase. See another thread on the English dogs and puppies for sale section.

Not sure if Carl Carroll still has any left from Lumis or Sargent's Blue. I need to give him a call and find out.

I know of others, but I do not want to provide the info as their owners are on the board and can add the information if they desire. They will have more information on the subject anyway.

Home of:
UKC DUAL GR CH PKC CH CHKC Money Winner ALL GRAND YOGI (GR NITE CH MOORE'S HARDTIME ALL GRAND HORN x DUAL GR CH ENGLISHPRIDE'S LITTLE LIZ) 2017 UKC Performance and PKC Super Stakes Sire

UKC DUAL GR CH TREE ROCKN NELLY (DUAL GR CH PKC GOLD CH MAIN STREET ROY X GR NITE CH PKC CH INDIAN RIDGE CINDY) Littermate sister to 2013 UKC WORLD CH GR NITE CH MAIN STREET JOHN THE BAPTIST

PLUS POINT ZINGO (DUAL GRAND CH '98 ENGLISH HALL OF FAME WILCOX THUNDER BINGO semen X CH NITE CH CLONES FRONT PAGE) The only living direct son of Bingo alive today!

Gone but not forgotten:

UKC GR NITE CH PKC CH PLUS POINT BLUE BOY BRUISER (66 "canes" stored at OnceFrozen) Direct son of DUAL GR CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK CADILLAC JACK x CH GR NITE CH '95 UKC World Hunt High Scoring English Female WELLS' LITTLE PATCH

CH GR NITE CH WELLS' LITTLE PATCH (High Scoring English Female 1995 UKC World Hunt) Direct Daughter of GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH DARON'S BLUE REB (LUMIS) x GR NITE CH PKC GOLD CH ACHA WORLD CH BUFFALO CREEK PATCH

GR NITE CH PKC CH CLEAR CREEK MISSY II (Sister to Dual Grand Clear Creek Cadillac Jack and mother of ACHA World Champion PKC Silver CH Raef's Dollar Bill)

Last edited by Okie Hunter on 12-08-2016 at 10:06 PM

Old Post 03-25-2013 06:06 AM
Okie Hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Okie Hunter Click here to Send Okie Hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email Okie Hunter Find more posts by Okie Hunter Add Okie Hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
william endress
UKC Forum Member

btt

Btt

Old Post 03-23-2014 09:15 PM
MikeR
UKC Forum Member

Why are so many interested in breeding to long dead stud dogs.

1. A novelty and money making scheme? Some of the past studs didn't produce very good when they were alive. They're certainly not going to do any better since they died.

or

2. Needed to improve traits that have been lost to poor breeding practices in the last 20 or so years?

GrNiteCh Ch Oak Branch's Black Bird Star
Wipeout Chesapeake Piper

Old Post 03-25-2014 04:48 PM
MikeR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MikeR Click here to Send MikeR a Private Message Click Here to Email MikeR Find more posts by MikeR Add MikeR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
william endress
UKC Forum Member

producing

Times have changed when it comes to hunts. There so many hunts now as compaired to the 60's and 70's. It was harder to make a nite champipn. I have not seen over 20 dogs entered in a hunt other than the major ones. I have records from the 70's from a club in SC that had 73 registered dogs on average. Now that same club averages 8. So times have changed. A coondog is still a coondog tho. But some of the power house dogs of the past never had the chance to reproduce like todays studs. They cant hurt puttong those genes back in close to todays dogs.

Old Post 03-25-2014 05:38 PM
redtick man 123
UKC Forum Member

hers some more totally alsome al 36 straws briar creek rat posion 12 straws little river moon shine 8 straws roster ridge copper 6 straws none for sale

Old Post 03-27-2014 07:24 PM
redtick man 123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redtick man 123 Click Here to Email redtick man 123 Find more posts by redtick man 123 Add redtick man 123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Something that I have wondered is what kind of record keeping did someone have to keep on some of the old stored semen for UKC to recognize that semen as the sire of a litter of pups. Now we have to DNA the male before we could use the stored semen after the male was gone. Years ago they didn't have DNA. Just curious, I'm sure no one would try to pull a fast one and claim a litter was out of some long gone famous stud dog.

Old Post 03-27-2014 07:53 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

I was reading an article on canine reproduction today written by one of the top Reproductive Vets in the country (Robert Hutchison). He suggest that frozen semen shelf life is around 26 years. He did not say it all goes bad at that point, but studies have shown that quality significantly decreases after this time. Something to think about...

Old Post 03-27-2014 08:50 PM
Wes Coffman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Coffman Click here to Send Wes Coffman a Private Message Click Here to Email Wes Coffman Find more posts by Wes Coffman Add Wes Coffman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

I had 8 breedings on Kaskaaskia river blue PETE just used one this week so I guiss we will find out if it works

Old Post 03-27-2014 10:13 PM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinhoundsman
Banned

[QUOTE]Originally posted by larrypoe
[B]Duel Grand Wilcox Thunder Bingo ( almost all gone)
Duel Grand Wilcox Thunder ST Nick ( limited amount)

Nailer (think this is about gone as well)

GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy (limited/privite supply)

Im sure there are a bunch more, those are off the top of my head.

Nailor semen is gone last litter is around six months old I think

Old Post 03-28-2014 02:49 AM
yadkinhoundsman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinhoundsman Click here to Send yadkinhoundsman a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinhoundsman Find more posts by yadkinhoundsman Add yadkinhoundsman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redtick man 123
UKC Forum Member

alot of people have asked me why i want to collect seman on old dogs as they call them . i tell them these are they dogs ihave hunted and really liked and done good with i liked the dogs the way they huntedand ect alto frozen seamon might not be for every one and they want to breed to whats hot now i'll stay with my semon i'll stay with what i'm doing ,

Old Post 03-30-2014 01:49 PM
redtick man 123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redtick man 123 Click Here to Email redtick man 123 Find more posts by redtick man 123 Add redtick man 123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blackflagginit
UKC Forum Member

just to update, Frank died and never was collected.

I destroyed the semen we had collected off of Loose not long after he died.

*billy jack

It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it.

Robert E. Lee

Old Post 03-30-2014 07:48 PM
blackflagginit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blackflagginit Click here to Send blackflagginit a Private Message Click Here to Email blackflagginit Find more posts by blackflagginit Add blackflagginit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Dual Grand Tj,s Stylish Lipper, there's only one other dog directly out of Houses Lipper with semen that is Dual Grand, and none living that I know of..

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 03-30-2014 10:42 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
anthony903
UKC Forum Member

TJ's Stylish Lipper Semen

Does anyone know if any semen is for sale out of TJ's Stylish Lipper?

Old Post 10-27-2015 07:40 AM
anthony903 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for anthony903 Click here to Send anthony903 a Private Message Click Here to Email anthony903 Find more posts by anthony903 Add anthony903 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hardwood Elvis
UKC Forum Member

Hardwood Elvis Attack

I have 7 straws on Elvis.

Old Post 10-27-2015 03:06 PM
Hardwood Elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hardwood Elvis Click here to Send Hardwood Elvis a Private Message Click Here to Email Hardwood Elvis Visit Hardwood Elvis's homepage! Find more posts by Hardwood Elvis Add Hardwood Elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Re: TJ's Stylish Lipper Semen

quote:
Originally posted by anthony903
Does anyone know if any semen is for sale out of TJ's Stylish Lipper?

Yes.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 10-27-2015 10:42 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Milner
UKC Forum Member

THE DIRTY RAT / 9 breedings at Nevergone Genetics.

Finalist 2007 AKC WORLD HUNT 10th place 2008 UKC WORLD HUNT 5th place 2006 TEXAS STATE HUNT

Old Post 10-28-2015 12:20 PM
Milner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Milner Click here to Send Milner a Private Message Click Here to Email Milner Find more posts by Milner Add Milner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
moonshine man
UKC Forum Member

Ive heard of stored semen getting lost and or breeders losing it in one way or another and it makes one wonder how much of it gets mixed up with other breeders they have stored you see things like this happen all the time in hospitals with blood test and other test, what got me to thinking on this was i seen or heard someone say they found 6 extra straws on a dog he had stored and he thought it had all been used a long time ago and i wonder if that was his and the same dog for sure or someone else and just a mix up because marking and labels do come off and im not sure what means they use to keep track of it.

Old Post 10-28-2015 04:09 PM
moonshine man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for moonshine man Click here to Send moonshine man a Private Message Find more posts by moonshine man Add moonshine man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

Conrad Fryar has frozen semen from Paulding Forest Bubba.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John3:16

Old Post 10-28-2015 05:49 PM
Jason Baldwin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Baldwin Click here to Send Jason Baldwin a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Baldwin Add Jason Baldwin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joes reticks
UKC Forum Member

good old post

Any buddy know of any sons of Michigan swamp rooster that are on ice ?

besides the Opie dog ...

Great hound hunters of the past quotes I like and live buy .
"Its not the legnth off the ears it whats betwen the ears "- lester Nance
" "If you did not see it in the tree it did not happen" -Herb kennedy
" I live to hunt and I hunt to live " - Henry McIntyre

Old Post 10-29-2015 03:08 AM
Joes reticks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joes reticks Click here to Send Joes reticks a Private Message Find more posts by Joes reticks Add Joes reticks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
retread
UKC Forum Member

Does anyone know if there is any minklers kansas dancer semon out there

Old Post 10-29-2015 06:21 AM
retread is offline Click Here to See the Profile for retread Click here to Send retread a Private Message Find more posts by retread Add retread to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joes reticks
UKC Forum Member

btt

Come on guys quit watching baseball and football and tell the world were all this dog semen is being horded ..lol

Great hound hunters of the past quotes I like and live buy .
"Its not the legnth off the ears it whats betwen the ears "- lester Nance
" "If you did not see it in the tree it did not happen" -Herb kennedy
" I live to hunt and I hunt to live " - Henry McIntyre

Old Post 11-01-2015 04:12 AM
Joes reticks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joes reticks Click here to Send Joes reticks a Private Message Find more posts by Joes reticks Add Joes reticks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB PITCREW
UKC Forum Member

Re: good old post

quote:
Originally posted by Joes reticks
Any buddy know of any sons of Michigan swamp rooster that are on ice ?

besides the Opie dog ...

Jesse Wheeler has a couple breedings stored on his NTCH Oakhills Missouri Husker dog that was directly out of Michigan Swamp Rooster X Northridge Willy's JoJo

Home of Previous #1 Reproducing English Coonhound 15.49%
GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Briar Valley Nite Prowler "semen stored”
GRNTCH CH Dee's Nite Prowling Blitz "semen stored”
'PR' Northridge JoJoe's Blue Thunder
'PR' Northridge Icky’s Old Sandy

ENGLISH HOUNDS SINCE 1969....If you breed for papers instead of traits,You deserve what you end up with...Kelley Stagner

RIP........................................
GRNTCH GRCH Briar Valley Nite Prowler
GRNTCH GRCH Wilcox's Thunder JoJoe
GRNTCH GRCH Northridge Red Loopy
GRNTCH GRCH Northridge JoJo's Feebie
GRNTCH CH Dee's Nite Prowling Blitz
GRNTCH CH Northridge Jo Joe’s Icky

Old Post 11-01-2015 11:18 AM
JB PITCREW is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB PITCREW Click here to Send JB PITCREW a Private Message Find more posts by JB PITCREW Add JB PITCREW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote