UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Oh my goodness
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness

I count 12 threads about the 2017 World Hunt just on the first page of the interweb. UKC hasn't even announced what they are going to do yet. And y'all wonder why it took UKC so long to decide what and how to come up with a solution.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-04-2017 05:13 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Ricky leaks has already leaked it to Facebook what do you want to know I will tell you lol

Deep undercover secret agent

Tar

Old Post 12-04-2017 05:48 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

So, "if" they have a rehunt will they allow Sambo to enter?
As I understand it, Sambo was qualified to Advance to the Finals without the extra coon that his handler added to the scorecard. So after they bar his handler, will they allow Sambo to rehunt with another handler? Sambo actually won his cast at the Zone without the extra coon being added and had a big enough score to Advance to the Finals. Wouldn't it be more fair to just bar the handler but not the dog? Then there would be no need for a rehunt and Sambo's win could stand.

Old Post 12-04-2017 05:52 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Your just stirring the pot you know the answer to that one.

Old Post 12-04-2017 05:56 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I guess that my solution is too reasonable or makes too much sense.

Old Post 12-04-2017 06:39 PM
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

makes sense Richard. I bet it would be real easy to find a handler for the 1/2 breed now. lol

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 12-04-2017 06:42 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
As I understand it, Sambo was qualified to Advance to the Finals without the extra coon that his handler added to the scorecard. So after they bar his handler, will they allow Sambo to rehunt with another handler? Sambo actually won his cast at the Zone without the extra coon being added and had a big enough score to Advance to the Finals. Wouldn't it be more fair to just bar the handler but not the dog? Then there would be no need for a rehunt and Sambo's win could stand.

Are they penalizing a dog for something a man did?

Old Post 12-04-2017 07:17 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

That's how it works in the here in the wild , Wild West you screw up your dog gets it too I can't even believe y'all would even concider somthing like that if it would have been taken care of at the zones we wouldn't be having this conversation at all but everybody but walkers they go to a big hunt they get a king or queen trophy wheather they win anything or not .......y'all are spoiled !!!

Old Post 12-04-2017 08:42 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I guess that if 2 people own a dog and one of them handles the dog and falsifies a scorecard then he is barred. If the other owner doesnt speak out or distance himself, does that make him complicit and should he be barred also? I guess that if the owner of a dog is barred then the dog can't compete in UKC hunts. So maybe Sambo shouldn't be allowed to hunt. Tarbaby, does that make more sense?

Old Post 12-04-2017 08:43 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Richard we posted at the same time but I beat you yes your right !

Old Post 12-04-2017 08:46 PM
blairforce1
UKC Forum Member

Its a shame. All the dog did was beat all challengers by treeing coon. Something i believe not all in the rehunt did. ( tree a coon in 2 hours)

Old Post 12-04-2017 11:42 PM
blairforce1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blairforce1 Click here to Send blairforce1 a Private Message Click Here to Email blairforce1 Find more posts by blairforce1 Add blairforce1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Get over it. Hillary lost and Sambo is barred.

Old Post 12-05-2017 06:43 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyhunter50
UKC Forum Member

Sambo the winner in my book anyway let the looser's cry

Old Post 12-06-2017 07:04 PM
kyhunter50 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyhunter50 Click here to Send kyhunter50 a Private Message Find more posts by kyhunter50 Add kyhunter50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert

Here is the whole deal in a nut shell.... The dog won fair and square. A handler thinking his score wasn't enough added a Coon.. Sambo won the cast without adding the Coon.. He would have advanced without the Coon added.. Sambo won the rest of his casts in the finals fair and square.. Sambo won the hunt.. the handler made a huge mistake... Sambo still won the world hunt in spite of all this mess.. Sambo is the true world champion regardless of this new outcome.. I hope that this rehunt BS is a flop and the 11 dogs cannot tree a Coon.. wouldn't that be a laugh..😂😂😂

"Building on a solid foundation starts on the bottom side"

Old Post 12-06-2017 08:24 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Jay because I have a lot of respect for you I will tell you like this his handler was pulling the Hankey panky way before the zones one club asked him not to come back for the same thing in today's society this younger bunch stretch the rules to the limit you get caught just go to anouther kc by you condoning what he did do you realize you sound just like him well he didn't need to add that coon to win ...... But he did it jay and he got caught he wasent innocent in the finals either that's why tucker is back in !! Like I said I got a lot of respect for you that's not a comment that I would think you thought out everybody has their opinion I earned my way their fair and square but I am setting at home and that's ok !! But really if you think about it if that cast had been delt with before the finals it would have changed the whole draw and there might have been a different final four. Us that earned our way there by judging both nights at the zones and paying to get to the finals are not complaining and I don't feel like the ones that didn't even try should either jmo.

Tar

Old Post 12-06-2017 08:58 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jay brademeyer
Here is the whole deal in a nut shell..... A handler thinking his score wasn't enough added a Coon.....

Oh my goodness. Is that what happened? That isn't what the handler and judge said. They say that it is all just a big "misunderstanding".

Old Post 12-06-2017 09:25 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Jay because I have a lot of respect for you I will tell you like this his handler was pulling the Hankey panky way before the zones one club asked him not to come back for the same thing in today's society this younger bunch stretch the rules to the limit you get caught just go to anouther kc by you condoning what he did do you realize you sound just like him well he didn't need to add that coon to win ...... But he did it jay and he got caught he wasent innocent in the finals either that's why tucker is back in !! Like I said I got a lot of respect for you that's not a comment that I would think you thought out everybody has their opinion I earned my way their fair and square but I am setting at home and that's ok !! But really if you think about it if that cast had been delt with before the finals it would have changed the whole draw and there might have been a different final four. Us that earned our way there by judging both nights at the zones and paying to get to the finals are not complaining and I don't feel like the ones that didn't even try should either jmo.

Tar

I was just thinking about the same thing and was trying to find the thread where it was explained why the handler of the Tucker dog had the question on the card before he got scratched for cussing. Sounded like a judge/guide deal there too and not following proper procedure to score trees on that deal too. It is interesting that the Tucker dog is being brought back but UKC must have figured if Sambo and his handler hadn't have been in that cast then the circumstances wouldn't have happened for the handler of Tucker to be scratched over.

Old Post 12-06-2017 09:40 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

say what

Yadkin , I respect you but use some punctuation (spell check that) so I can follow your post , long time reader.

Old Post 12-08-2017 12:10 PM
Black Ash Bawl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Ash Bawl Click here to Send Black Ash Bawl a Private Message Find more posts by Black Ash Bawl Add Black Ash Bawl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Really I type with my thumb don't know how to punctuate but I will try lol. Spellcheck gives you three choices I always pick the wrong one lol.

Old Post 12-08-2017 12:34 PM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Punctuations take the challenge out of reading and understanding the point the writer is trying to convey, which in some cases will take a post in a more interesting direction. Jmo

Old Post 12-08-2017 12:51 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy head
Punctuations take the challenge out of reading and understanding the point the writer is trying to convey, which in some cases will take a post in a more interesting direction. Jmo

And a poster should leave a word or two out from time to time. Js

Old Post 12-08-2017 01:00 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar

Tar

Robert do you know the handler or are you just like this younger generation that just sits around and spreads rumors on the internet?

Old Post 12-08-2017 01:06 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Josh I was involved more than you know ! Now that being said its over wheather you hunt ukc or not they did the right thing there really was no right way to fix it and make everybody happy. I hunt in all registrys when I want to I used to let the dogs control my life. I always thought if I wasent winning my dog was no good now I love the time in the woods just me and the dog. I don't put nobody down for what hunts they like to hunt in but I do put them down for over compensating for their dog there is a lot of that now days in this case this has been going on a long time and the guilty party was caught nothing wrong with the dog he done his part you understand all this I don't need to explain it it's over , it's done , finished !

Tar

Old Post 12-08-2017 01:24 PM
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

I’m not sure how I feel about the rehunt, there’s good and bad but I don’t like the fact that a dog that got scratched gets to rehunt, he was scratched for his handlers actions so I don’t understand how he gets a free pass? What about the dog in sambo cast at the zone hunt They was affected by him?

Old Post 12-08-2017 01:47 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Other two dogs in Sambo's cast at zone did not have + points so they could not advance. We just have to trust that Mr Gingerich made the right decision. I am absolutely sure that he took his time; heard all of the evidence; considered all of the possibilities and made the right decision for all involved and coonhunting in general. Mr Gingerich is very intelligent, honest, logical and of the up most integrity. He has been a coonhunter for longer than most of us. He has the well being of "all" coonhunters to worry about, not just a few. Who are we to sit back on the sidelines with only parts of the evidence and our own personal biases and try to second guess his decision?

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 12-08-2017 at 02:07 PM

Old Post 12-08-2017 02:05 PM