UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > What cur bloodlines are throwing deep hunting dogs?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
mike88
UKC Forum Member

What cur bloodlines are throwing deep hunting dogs?

I'm in the market for a cur to hunt on coon. Where I live the coons are thin and sometimes a dog has to get in deep to get one treed so I need a bloodline that has been producing some deep hunters. I've always had hounds for coon but my uncle always had steak bred dogs that he squirrel hunted. I like the idea of having a silent dog or at least semi silent on track and that is one of the reasons that I would am interested in going a different route and trying a cur. A point in any direction would be appreciated.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-10-2017 02:57 PM
mike88 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike88 Click here to Send mike88 a Private Message Click Here to Email mike88 Find more posts by mike88 Add mike88 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
knockemstiffeng
UKC Forum Member

curs

Years ago I hunted with a line of Stephens curs that would get as deep as they had to. They were colder nosed than most curs and could really run a track. Most of them would open some on track and were very accurate. You might want to check the Stephens out. ------Happy Holidays----Kenny

Old Post 12-10-2017 07:27 PM
knockemstiffeng is offline Click Here to See the Profile for knockemstiffeng Click here to Send knockemstiffeng a Private Message Click Here to Email knockemstiffeng Find more posts by knockemstiffeng Add knockemstiffeng to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike88
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it

Old Post 12-10-2017 07:31 PM
mike88 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike88 Click here to Send mike88 a Private Message Click Here to Email mike88 Find more posts by mike88 Add mike88 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tn russ
UKC Forum Member

Briar mountain

Old Post 12-10-2017 08:06 PM
tn russ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tn russ Click here to Send tn russ a Private Message Click Here to Email tn russ Find more posts by tn russ Add tn russ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

Mine hunt DEEP. I have bred them for years to hunt off the tailgate like a hound. I got a gut full of walking curs over tracks, I refused to do it. I coon hunt only now due to back issues and can't do all the walking that squirrel hunting entails. So I cut the dogs and wait to they tree. I try to get as close to them as I can with the UTV. Sometimes that is a few hundred yards sometimes that is a half mile.

The bad thing is I don't plan on breeding anytime soon so I really can't help you any.

https://sites.google.com/site/riverroadkennel/

Old Post 12-15-2017 12:31 AM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike88
UKC Forum Member

That's exactly what I'm looking for. I want the brains of a cur with the range of a hound. If you ever make another cross I'd be interested in a pup.

On a side note, what happened to the squirrel haters forum? I can't seem to find it.

Old Post 12-15-2017 09:39 PM
oldman
UKC Forum Member

WAYNE LIGHT,NEW MADISON OHIO, HAS A GOOD LINE OF the STEPHENS MTN CURS. check with him

Pound Va

Ph: 276-796-5321

i'm drinking from my saucer
cause my cup has overflowed

Old Post 12-15-2017 09:53 PM
oldman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oldman Click here to Send oldman a Private Message Click Here to Email oldman Find more posts by oldman Add oldman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by mike88
That's exactly what I'm looking for. I want the brains of a cur with the range of a hound. If you ever make another cross I'd be interested in a pup.

On a side note, what happened to the squirrel haters forum? I can't seem to find it.

Got tired of messing with it. Went to FaceBook like all the rest.

Old Post 12-15-2017 10:00 PM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curdawgs2k16
UKC Forum Member

I’ve got a female that has mt state Geronimo as her grandfather she goes pretty far to find one. We are thin here too. My male has kemmers golden nugget a couple time in each side which is a hall of fame dog he hunts far as well and my pup is out of Geronimo she goes every step of the way with them just starting her. The other night the hunted a 800 hard circle around us then took off again when they got to the truck and was treed at a mile away had the coon.

Old Post 02-11-2018 03:47 PM
Curdawgs2k16 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curdawgs2k16 Click here to Send Curdawgs2k16 a Private Message Find more posts by Curdawgs2k16 Add Curdawgs2k16 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillside
New UKC Forum Member

pups

i ve got some kemmer pups now thats got nugget and ol sad eyes blood in them. they ll be ready in bout a month.

Old Post 02-11-2018 07:12 PM
hillside is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillside Click here to Send hillside a Private Message Click Here to Email hillside Find more posts by hillside Add hillside to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RFussnecker
UKC Forum Member

Try a leopard hound.

They hunt like you are wanting and handle like a cur...

Old Post 02-23-2018 05:33 PM
RFussnecker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RFussnecker Click here to Send RFussnecker a Private Message Click Here to Email RFussnecker Find more posts by RFussnecker Add RFussnecker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pine Log Kennel
Banned

I have a mountain feist female that will leave most curs, and a good bit of hounds in the dust, open woods....thin squirrels....better have your tennis shoes on, she can go a half easy and have the meat, Im gonna breed her when she comes in, get with me if youre interested.

Old Post 02-26-2018 01:50 AM
Pine Log Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pine Log Kennel Click here to Send Pine Log Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Pine Log Kennel Add Pine Log Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

You coon hunt her a lot? That was what the OP was looking for.

Old Post 02-26-2018 05:12 PM
travis gideon
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Pine Log Kennel
I have a mountain feist female that will leave most curs, and a good bit of hounds in the dust, open woods....thin squirrels....better have your tennis shoes on, she can go a half easy and have the meat, Im gonna breed her when she comes in, get with me if youre interested.

How is your female bred and what will you be breeding her too???

Thanks!

Alexandria, IN
270-763-2151 Cell#
E-mail: travisgideon@msn.com

English-
UKC Gr.Nt.Ch. PKC CH Baby Stakes Champion Top 10 Futurity Oakwood's Emma (RIP-1/10/15)
UKC Nt.Ch. PKC SCH Oakwood's Sunkist (semen/RIP/co-owned with Shane Cannon)
UKC Gr.Nt.Ch. '98 English Day's High Scoring Male Sat. Oakwood's Blue Bomber (RIP)

Walkers-
UKC Gr.Nt.Ch. Raintree Hardwood Daisy (RIP)
UKC Nt.Ch. Big Woods Bubba (RIP/co-owned with Wes Coffman)

RED HOT KENNEL (feists)
Feist's-
NKC SQ CH ATFA GR SQ CH SOS Willie (RIP)
ATFA SQ CH Red Hot Dolly

Old Post 02-26-2018 08:51 PM
travis gideon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for travis gideon Click here to Send travis gideon a Private Message Click Here to Email travis gideon Find more posts by travis gideon Add travis gideon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pine Log Kennel
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by nccatfisher
You coon hunt her a lot? That was what the OP was looking for.

Oh sorry, I forgot the post police were active in the cur dog section.........

No I do not coon hunt her, I have coon dogs.......

She does regularly tree coons, Morning andevening...I have videos......

Im not your normal blow over, mr squirrel dog man, Ive seen you post **** for years........Ill not tolerate your bs.

You better find someone else to try to ride herd on.

Last edited by Pine Log Kennel on 02-28-2018 at 01:34 AM

Old Post 02-28-2018 01:26 AM
Pine Log Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pine Log Kennel Click here to Send Pine Log Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Pine Log Kennel Add Pine Log Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote