UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dog Remedies lets hear em
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wjoey
Banned

Dog Remedies lets hear em

Ok its my turn to start a hot topic .Lets do one on dog remedies could be one you use or something you heard about. You do not have to say if you tried it or not
Rules: do not post bashing someone's post please be polite

Old timer once told me to use brake fluid for ear problems

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-11-2017 02:17 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

dog

Don't cost anymore to feed a good one than a bad one!!!

Old Post 01-11-2017 03:22 AM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

I guess one of the oldest is soaking in kerosene for a bad cut or snake bite. My buddy Marv swears by this one.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 01-11-2017 03:51 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ringtail
UKC Forum Member

Burnt motor oil.

"TREE MY DOG" - NO BETTER FEELING

NAADP Charter Member....... appointed by King Dave himself........

Old Post 01-11-2017 04:41 AM
ringtail is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ringtail Click here to Send ringtail a Private Message Click Here to Email ringtail Find more posts by ringtail Add ringtail to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pttm08
UKC Forum Member

Use turpentine to draw the venom out of snake bites and bee stings. I have used that one on myself and works great. Also will bring any type of infection out of the skin.

Home of

PR CH Big Blue Buster HTX
PR CH Angle Plantation's Red Jasper

Let's get Ticked

Old Post 01-11-2017 12:32 PM
pttm08 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pttm08 Click here to Send pttm08 a Private Message Click Here to Email pttm08 Find more posts by pttm08 Add pttm08 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

That sulfer and cooking grease made a believer out of me helps them inside and out.

Old Post 01-11-2017 12:36 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Shipman
UKC Forum Member

WD40 for ear problems. Don't spray into ear, use a Q-tip dipped in WD40 and swab the inside of the ear. Works

CH GRPCH GRHBCH McGrady's Loko Go Rosco ( 2011 PP World Championship 9th place )
GRPCH CH GRHBCH Cedar Grove's Loko Go RC Cola ( WV High Point PP Hound 2010 & 2012)
PCH GRCH Cedar Grove's Briarpatch Holly NBPPA'S 1st Total Dog Winner 2011
GRPCH Jollife's Valleyveiw Cally (Pumpkin) 2011 WV High Point PP Hound
HBCH CH GRPCH Cedar Grove's Briarpatch Nugget 2011 WV PP State Run-off Winner
NTCH CH Bone's Relic Hunter (Moose)
Bone's Smooth Southern Shine [Stolen}

Old Post 01-11-2017 12:36 PM
Steve Shipman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Shipman Click here to Send Steve Shipman a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Shipman Visit Steve Shipman's homepage! Find more posts by Steve Shipman Add Steve Shipman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

Going WAY back

TOP snuff in a biscuit will take care of ALL worms in a dog. That makes me wonder now.

Old Post 01-11-2017 12:43 PM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

Burn green oak then sprinkle ashes over their food. Takes care of any worms they may have. That's an old one.

Old Post 01-11-2017 12:51 PM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

Old guy sitting on a tailgate listening to dogs one night told me to make them swallow a copper penny. Said when they pass it the worms will come out stuck to the penny. Always wanted to try it but never did.

Old Post 01-11-2017 01:10 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Dad always said to put pennies (copper) in the water dish to keep a female from coming in heat.
Pennies are made different now, so you'd have to get older pennies.

Old Post 01-11-2017 05:06 PM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Its a miracle dogs survived human contact

Old Post 01-11-2017 05:29 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Vaseline on dogs tits after weaning helps dry em up used it and it works

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 01-12-2017 02:24 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
x2

Old Post 01-12-2017 05:44 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Rex Ridge
Dad always said to put pennies (copper) in the water dish to keep a female from coming in heat.
Pennies are made different now, so you'd have to get older pennies.

I've heard about pennies to but you didn't put them in the water lol. The old timers if a female didn't come in heat called them penny females. A penny was inserted in her ***@ to prevent from ever coming in heat.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 01-12-2017 07:57 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis

LOL X3

I know flour on a cut will stop a lot of blood. But I figured everyone knows that.

Pouch tobacco shoved into the tree bark will break a dog that chews (and apparently worm them too) I doubt this works. Probably just gives them bad teeth and a nicotine addiction.

I figure most of these home remedies were just a result of somebody having a problem with a dog and figuring out by trial and error what worked and what didn't.

Old Post 01-13-2017 02:54 AM
Chris Snyder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Snyder Click here to Send Chris Snyder a Private Message Find more posts by Chris Snyder Add Chris Snyder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeffgrant00
UKC Forum Member

I have been told that litsterine mouth wash will cure ear mites,,,

GRNITCH PR PIPE CREEK BUSTER >RIP old friend<

Old Post 01-13-2017 06:57 PM
Jeffgrant00 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeffgrant00 Click here to Send Jeffgrant00 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeffgrant00 Find more posts by Jeffgrant00 Add Jeffgrant00 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Original Preperation H on a cut then throw alot of powder pickling lime on it .

Old Post 01-13-2017 10:03 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Danny Glista
UKC Forum Member

Going hunting harder!!

I first started hunting back in the mid sixties. Had some friends at school that invited me over to stay on the weekend and go coon hunting. Never even new they did such back then.I did and have been hooked since! After hunting on several weekends and having a good time I noticed 1 night the ole farmer would grab a young hounds tail end when he got him out of the truck and start twirling it in a circle. I remember to this day that very night. I asked him why he did that for, he responded,that's the way he gets a young hound to go hunting harder! Crankin him up he said!I was new to the whole thing so I never thought much about it at the time! A few weeks later I asked him about it again and he told me it was just a joke was all and started laughing. Felt silly at the time but wouldn't be great if it would work!! Those were the times I'll always remember!! The good ole days! LOL!!

Old Post 01-15-2017 12:37 AM
Danny Glista is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Danny Glista Click here to Send Danny Glista a Private Message Click Here to Email Danny Glista Find more posts by Danny Glista Add Danny Glista to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve pickett
UKC Forum Member

HEAT REMEDY

I GOT A FEMALE THAT HASN'T BEEN IN HEAT IN NEARLY A YEAR.IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO BRING HER IN HEAT WITH OUT THE HELP OF A VET.

Old Post 01-15-2017 03:49 AM
steve pickett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve pickett Click here to Send steve pickett a Private Message Visit steve pickett's homepage! Find more posts by steve pickett Add steve pickett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve pickett
UKC Forum Member

HEAT REMEDY

I GOT A FEMALE THAT HASN'T BEEN IN HEAT IN NEARLY A YEAR.IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO BRING HER IN HEAT WITH OUT THE HELP OF A VET.

Old Post 01-15-2017 03:49 AM
steve pickett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve pickett Click here to Send steve pickett a Private Message Visit steve pickett's homepage! Find more posts by steve pickett Add steve pickett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DOUG CHEEK
UKC Forum Member

I never tried it but have always hear that putting GUN POWDER on dog food would make a dog stay treed with a mean dog on the tree --

ALWAYS GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

Old Post 01-15-2017 03:27 PM
DOUG CHEEK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DOUG CHEEK Click here to Send DOUG CHEEK a Private Message Click Here to Email DOUG CHEEK Find more posts by DOUG CHEEK Add DOUG CHEEK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by DOUG CHEEK
I never tried it but have always hear that putting GUN POWDER on dog food would make a dog stay treed with a mean dog on the tree --

Enough gun powder and he will eat the mean dog and possibly you LOL.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 01-15-2017 03:57 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blackjackplott
UKC Forum Member

Re: HEAT REMEDY

quote:
Originally posted by steve pickett

What feed are you using?

Old Post 01-15-2017 04:28 PM
Blackjackplott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blackjackplott Click here to Send Blackjackplott a Private Message Click Here to Email Blackjackplott Find more posts by Blackjackplott Add Blackjackplott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve pickett
UKC Forum Member

retriever high pro from tsc store

Old Post 01-15-2017 07:42 PM