UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > night hunts
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Steve Raleigh
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Coonhunter82828
I got good coon dog you guys don't have to worry about that. But what's the point in hunting her with trash? To prove she is better than trash? That alot to brag about "Ohh yea I won a UKC night hunt I got me a night champion, I just beat a bunch of trash" lol yea lots to brag about there.

If you have a coon dog I don't see why hunting her with the trash you see in these UKC hunts will ruin her?? And another thing, how would you win and be able to brag about her being better than "trash" when you say hunting her with trash will ruin her!?!? I don't get it?

PKC GCH CHKC CH Wipeout 3 Bee
(Z3 x Bell)

PKC CH CHKC CH Rush Run Lil
(Nuck x Lilly)

PKC SCH CHKC CH Wipeout Shorty

Past Home of:

2012 FALL SENIOR SS CH.
GRNITECH PKC PLATINUM CH
MISTER OVERDRIVE
(Drive X Missy)

GRNITECH PKC GOLD CH Kate
(Jack X Jill)

2013 IL PKC State Race Ch.
GRNITECH PKC GOLD CH Little Miss Dottie
(Mr.Jack X Bit)

GRNITECH Curlee Jane
2018 UKC Bluetick World Ch
2018 Fall Round Up Ch
2018 Winter Classic Ch
2017 Battle of The Breeds Ch

NITECH 2018 PKC YOUTH WORLD CH PKC SILVER CH Dirty South Side

GRNITECH PKC SILVER CH SKUNA RIVER QUICK
(Fred X Sue)

GRNITECH Stylish Chase
(Clyde X Patty)

GRNITECH PKC SILVER CH Foggy Mtn. Gomer

UKC GrSqCh NKC GrSqCh Dirt Dodge's Jager

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-12-2011 10:41 PM
Steve Raleigh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Raleigh Click here to Send Steve Raleigh a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Raleigh Find more posts by Steve Raleigh Add Steve Raleigh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamie stall
Banned

night hunts are not for everyone .

Old Post 02-12-2011 10:47 PM
jamie stall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamie stall Click here to Send jamie stall a Private Message Click Here to Email jamie stall Find more posts by jamie stall Add jamie stall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Russell Boyette
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I got good coon dog you guys don't have to worry about that. But what's the point in hunting her with trash? To prove she is better than trash? That alot to brag about "Ohh yea I won a UKC night hunt I got me a night champion, I just beat a bunch of trash" lol yea lots to brag about there.

Son, if excuses were money, you'd have Bill Gates feeding & watering your "good coondog" every morning & evening.

(205) 712-4326

• PKC Ch 'PR' Triple X-Rated
http://www.hunt101.com/img/342861.jpg

• NITECH Beaver Creek Knothead
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n220/RBoyette/KnotHead-2.jpg

• Death Row Psycho aka "De"
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n220/RBoyette/Dee11-10-a.jpg

• 'PR' Skuna River Style
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n220/RBoyette/Stone2.jpg

**R.I.P.**
UKC NITECH - PKC CH
'PR'Beaver Creek Stylish Nellie
http://www.hunt101.com/img/369634.jpg

Old Post 02-12-2011 11:42 PM
Russell Boyette is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Russell Boyette Click here to Send Russell Boyette a Private Message Click Here to Email Russell Boyette Find more posts by Russell Boyette Add Russell Boyette to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Son, if bullchit was music, you'd be a one man band.
You can talk that crap to your buddies all day long but don't waste your time trying to sell it on here.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 02-13-2011 12:26 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
d1here
UKC Forum Member

quote:
She is proven but not in night hunts. She is HTX champion level 2. So I think I "PUT UP" and I think ur "SHUTTIN UP" LOL

she can tree 6 coons in 6 hours........I had a lab that could do that

your were referring to head to head dog comps not against a standard of what coondog should be/do

With the help of a 15 month old pup and a 4 yr. old female, we bagged about 200 coon this year, give or take a few. But, I am sure she is no coondog because I don't play the nite hunt game. Coondogs were around long before the nite hunt game and they will be around long after. The nite hunts are only as enjoyable as what the participants perceive them to be. If you go thinking that it is an absolute fool proof way of recognizing the best dog.....you will be disappointed. If you go with the idea that it is a game, nothing more and nothing less, and there are a ton of variables in playing the game, thats what you'll get. Make no mistake, it is a game and not a sport, no sport in the world allows a judge to be one of the participants, only games do that. Have fun in whatever you choose to do though as that is really what counts.

Romans 14:11

Old Post 02-13-2011 12:29 AM
d1here is offline Click Here to See the Profile for d1here Click here to Send d1here a Private Message Click Here to Email d1here Find more posts by d1here Add d1here to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jerry West
UKC Forum Member

Coonhunter82828

Coonhunter82828
I don't know how good your dog is, or how good you think it is. And I don't know who you have been competition hunting with, but come on over to Imboden, Ak on March 4 and 5. We'll show you some Bluedogs that will have coons in the tree when you look up.
I've been at this coonhunting for over 50 years; seen a few things here and there. Looked up a few slick trees, looked at a few possums, looked in a few diller holes, and even smelled a polecat or two. But, I do get to see a whole bunch more coons than you are talking about you have seen.
Jump in a show everyone your great dog, or set at your putor and let us all know what you really have.

Notice the list of my Ch, Gr Ch, Nite Ch, Gr Nite Ch, and Dual Ch. And that is just a very small portion of dogs I have owned. And I have been looking at coons for many more years than you have been on this earth.

Gr Ch Nt Ch Nolan Creek Chief's Pride (Grandson and greatgrandson to Smokey River Chief)
Dual Ch Nolan Creek Thundering Apache
Nite Ch Gr Ch Nolan Creek Blue Sable
Dual Ch Nolan Crk Diamond HTX2

Still Standing Proud!!
Gr Ch Nt Ch Nolan Creek Chug-A-Lug
Gr CH Nolan Creek Pride's Joy
Ch Nolan Creek Lonesome Dove

Nolan Creek Blue Chug-A-Lug Jr HTX
Ch Nolan Creek Blue Kara
Newest: Ch Nolan Creek Hammering Spanky (Hammer XIII X Sady Lady)

Last edited by Jerry West on 02-13-2011 at 12:58 AM

Old Post 02-13-2011 12:55 AM
Jerry West is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jerry West Click here to Send Jerry West a Private Message Click Here to Email Jerry West Find more posts by Jerry West Add Jerry West to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
deschmidt27
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by CSnowgren
If you go thinking that it is an absolute fool proof way of recognizing the best dog.....you will be disappointed. If you go with the idea that it is a game, nothing more and nothing less, and there are a ton of variables in playing the game, thats what you'll get.

CSnowgren - we don't often see eye to eye, but this statement is right on.

Old Post 02-13-2011 07:40 PM
deschmidt27 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for deschmidt27 Click here to Send deschmidt27 a Private Message Click Here to Email deschmidt27 Find more posts by deschmidt27 Add deschmidt27 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coonhunter82828
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
Son, if bullchit was music, you'd be a one man band.
You can talk that crap to your buddies all day long but don't waste your time trying to sell it on here.

Just come on big boy! Come to WV and ill prove it. She is proven in UKC but not the night hunts. But in the HTX hunts is were the REAL coon dogs are separated from the trash. In HTX hunt the dog has to tree the coon by himself! With no help.

PR Britton's Tree Choppin Chey
PR Britton's Powerstroke Diesel
304-545-1668 - Andrew Britton
http://brittonsmidnighthavockennels.yolasite.com/
Walkers and Black & Tans

Old Post 02-13-2011 09:02 PM
Coonhunter82828 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coonhunter82828 Click here to Send Coonhunter82828 a Private Message Click Here to Email Coonhunter82828 Visit Coonhunter82828's homepage! Find more posts by Coonhunter82828 Add Coonhunter82828 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Just come on big boy! Come to WV and ill prove it. She is proven in UKC but not the night hunts. But in the HTX hunts is were the REAL coon dogs are separated from the trash. In HTX hunt the dog has to tree the coon by himself! With no help.

Im thinking of a Roy D. Mercer phone call I heard one time ! ROFL

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John3:16

Old Post 02-13-2011 09:07 PM
Jason Baldwin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Baldwin Click here to Send Jason Baldwin a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Baldwin Add Jason Baldwin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bert52
UKC Forum Member

quote:

htx titles can be just as illegitimate as any other titles put on a dog....people like what they hunt and hunt what they like...everyone has their own opinion of what is and what isn't!

Old Post 02-13-2011 10:29 PM
bert52 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bert52 Click here to Send bert52 a Private Message Click Here to Email bert52 Find more posts by bert52 Add bert52 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CSnowgren
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by deschmidt27
CSnowgren - we don't often see eye to eye, but this statement is right on.

I honestly think that this is the single greatest turn off for people that don't like the nite hunts. They go with a perception in their mind of what they want the nite hunts to be and they end up with something different. It is no secret that I don't much care for nite hunts, but I do recognize the fact that they provide a useful outlet for folks to pursue their love of coonhounds and the camraderie some find in it. But by the same token, just because one doesn't participate, it certainly shouldn't reflect the perceived quality of his hounds by the nite hunt crowd.

Old Post 02-13-2011 11:56 PM
CSnowgren is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CSnowgren Click here to Send CSnowgren a Private Message Find more posts by CSnowgren Add CSnowgren to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Or by anyone else. On that I agree.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 02-14-2011 12:09 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.L.Litteral
New UKC Forum Member

Key word here, "competition". If you don't like competition or competition hounds, don't try it and dis it if its not what you think it should be. I have been beat way more than I've won, but each time whether I got beat fair and square or cheated out of it, I just wanted to hunt that much harder and reread that rule book. To each their own. There are many coondogs that will never be a nitehunt winner, I have owned some, but I don't take them to nite hunts and complain when I get beat.

Old Post 02-14-2011 04:13 AM
J.L.Litteral is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.L.Litteral Click here to Send J.L.Litteral a Private Message Find more posts by J.L.Litteral Add J.L.Litteral to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tripple river
UKC Forum Member

i dont understand why this guy even made this post.best i can figure he just felt like being negative publicly.if you dont like it dont go.i dont believe they are so bad i enjoy hunting my junk against other junk & visiting with guys who also hunt junk dogs.if i had a coondog i wouldnt want to take it to the hunts either them guys would prolly get jealous & cheat me out of my wins.

Old Post 02-14-2011 06:31 AM
tripple river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tripple river Click here to Send tripple river a Private Message Click Here to Email tripple river Find more posts by tripple river Add tripple river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
englishheat298
UKC Forum Member

Coonhunter82828 we like to get on here and ask reasonable questions or keep news posted not to tell people about "JUNK" if you cant take the heat with some of these answers then do not ask! And i believe i would rather go to a night hunt and see these junk hounds run then pleasure hunt with a guy that brags up his hound all the way to the woods! So ya if you don't like hunting with "junk" then just stay in your neck of the woods! FYI Treed 218 singles this seasons taking that hound to a hunt friday if you would like to spectate some more "junk"!

‘PR’ Hardtime Bluegill (Grntch Red Ruby Hardtime Crow x ‘PR’ Little Miss Blue)

‘PR’ Main Street Ramblin Ramrod (Grntch Main Street Ramblin Rambo x Ntch Poplar Run Blue Bonnie)

‘PR’ Main Street Double Trouble (Grntch Main Street Ramblin Rambo x Ntch Poplar Run Blue Bonnie)

R.I.P
Ntch Indiana Jones (Woodstock redman x blue arrow)

NTCH Buck Creeks Wild Wendy (Shannon’s iron Hank x Shannon’s Flossie)

Grntch Main Street Hooker (Main Street Max x Twin Creek Patch)

Grntch Main Street Ramblin Rambo (Main Street Max x Buck Creeks Wild Wendy) **Semen** ‘14 1st place Grnite Bluetick Days

Grntch Pkc CH Main Street Dyno (Main Street Dino x Red Ruby Suzie) final 4 pkc black n tan days, final 4 Indiana Autumn Pro Classic, semi finals legacy

Heart,lonely,accurate loyal hounds! Full Throttle English Hounds!
John 3:16!
Born again Christian 3-8-15
219-344-1885

Old Post 02-14-2011 07:10 AM
englishheat298 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for englishheat298 Click here to Send englishheat298 a Private Message Click Here to Email englishheat298 Find more posts by englishheat298 Add englishheat298 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote