UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Trying something new
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ThatBlueDog
UKC Forum Member

Trying something new

Geauga County Coonhunters Association would like to try this out. What do you guys think?

GCCH Nite Hunt Dog of the Year.

The competition will span across all 7 of our UKC hunts only. The Jackpot will start off with $80 already in it. Then for every dog entered in each of our UKC hunts, the club will add $5 to the Jackpot. The dog with the most points after our last UKC Hunt (Nov. 4th) will be the winner. If the winner wants a shot at another $150 to add to their already existing Jackpot, he and the next 3 dogs in line can hunt it off on Nov. 11th, but all 4 parties must agree and 2nd, 3rd, and 4th dog must buy in for $50 each. If they agree to hunt it off they will hunt under championship rules with a non-hunting judge and can vote on a 1 hour or 2 hour hunt.
Points can be earned as follows:

If you win your cast your dog will get 1 point.
If you win 1st registered, 1st place Nt Ch, or 1st place Gr Nt Ch, your dog will receive 2 points. A max of 2 points per hunt can be earned.

Dogs must have competition to recieve points.

The points will be by the dog you hunt not the handler.

If there is a tie for 1st place, the dogs tied will be the only dogs in the hunt off on Nov. 11th. No other dog will be able to buy into the hunt off.

We will keep dogs, points, and jackpot total posted at the club for anyone who is interested.

All of our UKC hunts will have a $20 entry this year, and 1st place Gr Nt, 1st place Nt Ch, & 1st place registered, with competition at each of the hunts will receive their $20 entry fee back.
If you have any questions you can contact any of our members, or call Bengie Bengala (330)-507-3226.
Thank you and Good luck!

Josh Brewster 330-360-8306

CH NITECH 'PR' That Blue Dog Copper'
Missasissy’s Bad Hatchet

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-16-2017 12:08 PM
ThatBlueDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ThatBlueDog Click here to Send ThatBlueDog a Private Message Find more posts by ThatBlueDog Add ThatBlueDog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

We run one a lot like that years ago. The problem we ran into was 2 guys brought grnt. ever time. They just went head to head but for every cast win they got the same amount of points as the winners with a lot more competition. We had a lot of fun but they were going to be in the top 4 every year. It kind of killed it. We are looking at something like that for this year again. Just trying to tweek it a bit.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 01-16-2017 03:31 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ThatBlueDog
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
We run one a lot like that years ago. The problem we ran into was 2 guys brought grnt. ever time. They just went head to head but for every cast win they got the same amount of points as the winners with a lot more competition. We had a lot of fun but they were going to be in the top 4 every year. It kind of killed it. We are looking at something like that for this year again. Just trying to tweek it a bit.

Yeah that's what the trouble is. But around here we have a bunch of club members with grnites and trying to get them back involved. Our clubs ukc hunt numbers have been declining so we're just trying something new and bring people back to ukc hunts. I think it will be fun and worth a shot.

Missasissy’s Bad Hatchet

Old Post 01-16-2017 03:49 PM
ThatBlueDog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ThatBlueDog Click here to Send ThatBlueDog a Private Message Find more posts by ThatBlueDog Add ThatBlueDog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

I like the idea of something like that. I think I will bring it up to our club at our next meeting and see if the rest of our membership will have the same opinion as I did.

Thanks for sharing

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 01-16-2017 05:19 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Krystal / UKC

Great idea!

Old Post 01-16-2017 06:55 PM
Krystal / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Krystal / UKC Click here to Send Krystal / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Krystal / UKC Find more posts by Krystal / UKC Add Krystal / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ThatBlueDog
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Krystal / UKC
Great idea!

I know I'm pretty much a genius! Lol even tho we almost had a UFC fight night at our club meeting we all figured it out aha. Bet you miss the meetings now!

Missasissy’s Bad Hatchet

Old Post 01-16-2017 08:01 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

I like your idea.

This is what we are doing at our club (Bayou Coonhunters 11 in Watson, La.
To get more participation, we have a bucket that you will put your contact info in every time you enter a dog in an event. At the end of the year for our last hunt, we will draw names from that bucket for the winners. 1st prize is a dog box, 2nd prize is a light, and 3 prize is for a $200.00 gift card to use towards a tracking collar. The more dogs you enter, the better your odds get.

Old Post 01-16-2017 10:48 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Krystal / UKC

quote:
Originally posted by ThatBlueDog
I know I'm pretty much a genius! Lol even tho we almost had a UFC fight night at our club meeting we all figured it out aha. Bet you miss the meetings now!

For some reason I think there MAY have been another genius behind this idea. It's just a gut feeling, though. Haha! I thought I missed them...I got reminded that we suck at teamwork.

Old Post 01-17-2017 01:20 PM
Krystal / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Krystal / UKC Click here to Send Krystal / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Krystal / UKC Find more posts by Krystal / UKC Add Krystal / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Krystal / UKC

quote:
Originally posted by BigContry
I like your idea.

This is what we are doing at our club (Bayou Coonhunters 11 in Watson, La.
To get more participation, we have a bucket that you will put your contact info in every time you enter a dog in an event. At the end of the year for our last hunt, we will draw names from that bucket for the winners. 1st prize is a dog box, 2nd prize is a light, and 3 prize is for a $200.00 gift card to use towards a tracking collar. The more dogs you enter, the better your odds get.

I like this idea as well! Are the prizes something that get donated to you guys, or do they come out of the club funds? Do the members all pitch in money? For some smaller clubs, I know it's hard to afford prizes of that expense. That's why I ask. Fundraisers are a club's best friend, though!

Old Post 01-17-2017 01:24 PM
ThatBlueDog
UKC Forum Member

quote:
For some reason I think there MAY have been another genius behind this idea. It's just a gut feeling, though. Haha! I thought I missed them...I got reminded that we suck at teamwork.

lol if we wanna be technical Robert came up with it aha. I guess he's the genius...

Missasissy’s Bad Hatchet

Old Post 01-17-2017 04:43 PM
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

quote:
I like this idea as well! Are the prizes something that get donated to you guys, or do they come out of the club funds? Do the members all pitch in money? For some smaller clubs, I know it's hard to afford prizes of that expense. That's why I ask. Fundraisers are a club's best friend, though!

My son and I build dog boxes, and we are donating one to the club. The Club will buy the light, and gift card. We plan to buy the light at the Winter Classic, last year they had really good prices there.

Old Post 01-17-2017 06:35 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote