UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > 2018 Treeing Walker Days
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

2018 Treeing Walker Days

upload image

On Line Entries: http://www.twbfa.com/nite-hunt-entry-forms/

Last edited by Allen / UKC on 03-07-2018 at 04:28 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-10-2018 04:59 PM
Grant Noeske is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grant Noeske Click here to Send Grant Noeske a Private Message Visit Grant Noeske's homepage! Find more posts by Grant Noeske Add Grant Noeske to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

3 rounds Saturday night? Wow!! Did you consider having the final 4 hunt early Sunday night??? I sure like the format... Should help on the bogus blowed up scores that have killed this hunt.. Great step in the right direction.. nice job

"Building on a solid foundation starts on the bottom side"

Old Post 02-10-2018 05:29 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jay brademeyer
3 rounds Saturday night? Wow!! Did you consider having the final 4 hunt early Sunday night??? I sure like the format... Should help on the bogus blowed up scores that have killed this hunt.. Great step in the right direction.. nice job

Thanks, Jay. Does this mean you're making the trip to Indiana from North Dakota for Walker Days?

Yes, a Sunday night Final Four was considered, among several other options. Here are the main ones that were debated.

1. Stick with two high scoring dogs each night and hunt the Final Four on a late round Saturday night. This is the same thing we've been doing the last few years, but everyone thought a change was needed.

2. Use the Top 8 hunt-off format in two casts on Friday night, but use the two high scoring dogs from the early round on Saturday night, then hunt the Final Four on a late round Saturday night. So, you'd have different routes to the Final Four each night, which was an idea that didn't gain much traction.

3. Use the Top 8 hunt-off format both nights and have the Final Four on Sunday night. We didn't want people who may have traveled from far off to worry about taking Monday off of work and adding a fifth night to Walker Days weekend was something we wanted to avoid, if possible.

4. Use the Top 8 hunt off format both nights, but hunt both late rounds on Saturday night close to the fairgrounds and have all dogs, handlers, judges and guides ready and waiting to go when Rounds 1 and 2 finish.

We decided to try Option #4 this year. It can always be changed.
Round 2 on Saturday night (Sunday morning) is just two casts of four dogs for one hour. If they hunt close to the fairgrounds, they can be done in time to meet up with the 2 Finalists from Friday night and hunt Round 3 just a few miles from the club. Most/all of us are used to hunting in two hour late rounds. We're adding some time in between the two, one hour rounds, but it gets light later in April, so we thought we could pull it off. It'll be a late night, but once we're done, everyone can head home and be home on Sunday. Regardless of what decision we make, there's always someone who will complain.
We'll try this and see how it goes.

Another thing we're going to do is hold a 60-90 minute conversation/discussion on Friday afternoon with some hunters/breeders who have been around a while. This year it's going to be John Monroe (Finley River line), Lee Logan (Lone Pine line) and Russ Bellar (Bellar line). We'll have a moderator ask them questions about dogs, breeding, hunting, etc... The idea is that these guys, and plenty of others, have been around for years and it might be nice to have a discussion where folks can sit around and listen to them talk about dogs. The plan is to have them up in front of everyone inside the main building with microphones and a moderator. We'll see how that goes, too. If it goes well, we'll do it again with another group next year.

Last edited by Grant Noeske on 02-10-2018 at 06:39 PM

Old Post 02-10-2018 05:50 PM
Grant Noeske is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grant Noeske Click here to Send Grant Noeske a Private Message Visit Grant Noeske's homepage! Find more posts by Grant Noeske Add Grant Noeske to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

I am looking forward to this weekend!

Old Post 02-10-2018 07:53 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

I love what y'all are trying to do... Must have some fresh blood in there with some good ideas ...keep up the good work.. I'm going to have to consider Walker days with this new format .. I will even have to re up my membership.... I won't be able to make it this year. I'm going to try to make it to the spring super Stakes.. nice job Grant and good luck

"Building on a solid foundation starts on the bottom side"

Old Post 02-11-2018 01:25 AM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sox12
UKC Forum Member

no youth hunt this year at walker days

CH Nt. Ch.PR Wandering Red & RR Bucksaw (GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge Rip X Grand Nite Raged Ridge Toadie )
GRNTCH.GRCh.PR Steffes' Whizz Bang[GRNTCH Big Walnut BooneXGRNTCH Raged Ridge Toadie]
GRCH.Wandering Red Pepper
GRCH.Wandering Red Honeys Sweety Pie

RIP
GR.NT.CH.GR.CH.PR Steffes wandering Red Tinkerbell {GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge RipsawXGRNTCH Ragged Ridge Toadie]

Old Post 02-11-2018 04:29 PM
sox12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sox12 Click here to Send sox12 a Private Message Click Here to Email sox12 Find more posts by sox12 Add sox12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

There was only 3 rooms left yesterday when I got mine. AT the super 8

Old Post 02-11-2018 11:41 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

Vendors looking to attend and set up at 2018 WALKER DAYS /APRIL 19-21st/ ROCHESTER,IN

Please get ahold of me to book your spot. It's a $100 set-up fee, spaces available both inside and outside.

This should be a good turn and opportunity for vendors, the walker association will be giving away $5,000 to the final 4 this year and we're expecting a big crowd.

There's also camping with water and electricity available at the fairgrounds.

You can send checks through mail to reserve your spot, Make them payable to: TWBFA and send to JEREMY KIDD at :

5611 N. county Rd. 975 W.
Middletown,IN

Look forward to helping you out for 2018 Walker Days, thanks!!

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

GRNITECH ST. JOHN'S STYLISH REX
(Ol south stylish Rebel X Janey)

GRNITECH' AFTER DARK'S JAN-IT
(Sweat It X Janey)

DUAL GRNITE' LONETREE LEGEND (R.I.P.)
(Noct. Style X Southern Sky)

GRNITECH' STYLISH LITTLE PEG(R.I.P.)
(Trackman X Browns Little Peg)

GRNITECH 'PR' JANEY'S GOTTA GUN
(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

NITECH ‘PR’ REBELS STYLISH MOJA
(Ol Souths Stylish Rebel X Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

NITECH' SEVEN MILE SLOOPY(R.I.P.)
(Skipper x Big time Trixie)

Proud UNION JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN
https://i.postimg.cc/654pWfzm/IMG-1920.png
I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 02-22-2018 01:03 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

MARK THIS HUNT DOWN ON YOUR CALENDAR!! WHERE ELSE CAN YOU FIND A HUNT WITH A $30 ENTRY FEE AND HUNT FOR $5,000 FINAL 4 PRIZE $$

ALL BREEDS ARE WELCOME!!! AND THEY WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE $5,000 AS LONG AS OWNER/HANDLER ARE A PAID MEMBERS OF THE ASSOCIATION BEFORE THE HUNT!!

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

(Sweat It X Janey)

(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 03-01-2018 05:51 PM
jkidd1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkidd1 Click here to Send jkidd1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jkidd1 Find more posts by jkidd1 Add jkidd1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

You can also now enter online and pay for the Super Slams on Wednesday night or the Friday and Saturday hunts at Walker Days.

http://www.twbfa.com/nite-hunt-entry-forms/

Old Post 03-01-2018 06:22 PM
sox12
UKC Forum Member

I believe it is going to interesting to see how this goes this year,i like the new idea walker association is trying,

CH Nt. Ch.PR Wandering Red & RR Bucksaw (GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge Rip X Grand Nite Raged Ridge Toadie )
GRNTCH.GRCh.PR Steffes' Whizz Bang[GRNTCH Big Walnut BooneXGRNTCH Raged Ridge Toadie]
GRCH.Wandering Red Pepper
GRCH.Wandering Red Honeys Sweety Pie

RIP
GR.NT.CH.GR.CH.PR Steffes wandering Red Tinkerbell {GRCHGRNTCH Raged Ridge RipsawXGRNTCH Ragged Ridge Toadie]

Old Post 03-02-2018 01:18 PM
sox12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sox12 Click here to Send sox12 a Private Message Click Here to Email sox12 Find more posts by sox12 Add sox12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Convenient online entry link:

http://www.twbfa.com/nite-hunt-entry-forms/

Note: This link works for all advanced entries at Walker Days, including the Super Slams on Wednesday.

Old Post 03-07-2018 04:27 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Lone Pine JB
how many signed up for slams?

Last I heard, we had less than ten advance entered for both. They will be taking entries on the grounds, so come on over.

Old Post 04-12-2018 08:57 PM
TBO kennels
UKC Forum Member

Will there be a kids bench show on Saturday?

Dave Trumbo II
Kouts, IN
219-309-9257
Home of :
"GR NT CH TBO's Lucy Lawless"

R.I.P. :
"GR NT CH Chief Executive"
"GR NT CH Trumbos Lady"

Old Post 04-18-2018 06:11 PM
TBO kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TBO kennels Click here to Send TBO kennels a Private Message Find more posts by TBO kennels Add TBO kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bolden1
UKC Forum Member

Address

To Peru, in where slam hunts are

2005 ukc Wldntch Grntch Bolden & Turpins
Insane jane. Handler/past owner
2005 over all setwd over all winner nt.ch
Bentley high dollar Lucy
2006 akc national pup champion Drop Dead
Fred ( Handler/ past owner)
2008 Ukc Ky State Champion Grntch High X
Pectations ( Handler / past owner)
2009 akc Ky State Champion Grntch
Hardwood X Press ( handler/ trainer)

Gr.Nt.Ch Big D & Joplins Super Sally

Old Post 04-18-2018 07:21 PM
Bolden1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bolden1 Click here to Send Bolden1 a Private Message Find more posts by Bolden1 Add Bolden1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkidd1
UKC Forum Member

* WARM UP SLAMS (Wednesday) :

886 N. Eel River Cemetary Rd.
Peru,IN

See you there !!

JEREMY KIDD
765-520-1552

*females*
GRNITECH' JR'S JANEY
(Xjr X Insane Jane)

(Sweat It X Janey)

(Wild Card X Jr's Janey)

AFTER DARK’S PURDY PENNY
(Big $$ X Janit)

I.B.E.W. LOCAL 1393

Old Post 04-18-2018 07:32 PM
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by TBO kennels
Will there be a kids bench show on Saturday?

Yes, after the regular bench show.

Old Post 04-18-2018 08:03 PM