UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Big Game Hound Classifieds > Two registered plott pack dogs
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Plottdoggin
New UKC Forum Member

Two registered plott pack dogs

After the first week of training season my new prospects are doing better than I could have ever hoped for so I'm going to sale my two oldest dogs to make room.

Female just turned 4 in April,would consider her more of a med nosed dog, will rig some tracks but not all, I've jumped bears with her off baits but then again it all depends on conditions just like any dog, she will stay and fight one on the ground but won't get holes. Trees well. Will not run a coyote, we have tried in winter. She has been on some cats but nowhere near a cat dog by any means.

Male also just turned 4 in April (they are litter mates). He is cut, he was cut when I got him I was told it was because he was humping other males at the trees as a young dog. I would say he is hot nosed but I would also say I made him that way by not dumping him from the start more. The problem is he is so high strung he doesn't screw his head on straight when cold trailing and will over run track, doesn't rig unless it's smoking hot. Very gritty and real nice tree dog. Have ran on coyotes alot in the winter but never had him take one in the summer.

These are both Jonet bred dogs I have the papers on both and honestly if they were pushed harder when they were younger they might have made cold trailers but I always mostly used them to pack in as I had some good cold nosed dogs when I got them. I had them two full training and kill seasons and this would be the third. They are not culls but I have simply found some young stock that is just doing better. These dogs were hunted 5 days a week. They've been on 3 trees already this season but obviously not in shape yet.

Please PM me for questions serious inquiries only

$600/a piece

$1000/ pair

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-08-2022 04:33 PM
Plottdoggin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Plottdoggin Click here to Send Plottdoggin a Private Message Find more posts by Plottdoggin Add Plottdoggin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote