UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Blueticks > Wilmoth Bloodline
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wilmoth's blues
UKC Forum Member

Wilmoth Bloodline

Would love to hear from some of you guys around the country hunting Wilmoth bloodline coonhounds! Some of our bloodlines have proven to be excellent coondogs as well as big game dogs across the country! Please post some pics and stories!
Call Scott Wilmoth at 919-776-7666 or Francis Wilmoth at 910-585-4036 to chat.

[IMG]
http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums...8.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by wilmoth's blues on 06-30-2013 at 11:23 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-13-2013 03:05 AM
wilmoth's blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wilmoth's blues Click here to Send wilmoth's blues a Private Message Click Here to Email wilmoth's blues Find more posts by wilmoth's blues Add wilmoth's blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arkiedog
UKC Forum Member

Great looking pups!! I'd like to hear about the Slade dog. Steve Fussell's Dark Blue Bones is heavy in my stuff. I'd like to know how that crosses on ya'lls stuff. A lot of old stuff in those pups and they show it.

Old Post 06-17-2013 10:20 PM
arkiedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arkiedog Click here to Send arkiedog a Private Message Find more posts by arkiedog Add arkiedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Wilmoths Solid Rock

Just wondering what the story was on the Solid Rock dog that Emmet Brohard had years ago. He had one of the coolest pictures in the bloodlines with the moss hanging off of him treed in the swamp.
Lots of dogs carry his blood throught the Rock Ann dog that was bred to Uchtmans Hawk. You never hear much about that side of the pedigree. Hunted with a three legged Son of Rock years ago owned by a guy here in Wisconsin. Any information would be appreciated on him.
Thanks,
Scott

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 06-18-2013 12:37 AM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arkiedog
UKC Forum Member

Scott, I also remember that picture of Rock reared up on that big tree with water up to his belly! What a great looking hound!

----------SEBASTIAN'S LITTLE BLUE
-----ENNIS' BLUE SNOW
----------SEBASTIAN'S BLUE BABE
NITE CH WILMOTH'S SOLID ROCK
----------VAUGHN'S BLUE ROCK
-----SMITH'S BLUE SKY
----------SANDER'S BLUE BABE (TAHSUDA'S ARKIE)

Old Post 06-18-2013 03:21 AM
arkiedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arkiedog Click here to Send arkiedog a Private Message Find more posts by arkiedog Add arkiedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wilmoth's blues
UKC Forum Member

Wilmoth bloodline

We had lots of great dogs before Rock However Wilmoth Solid Rock had the opertuinty to shine. Before we sold Emmit Rock we had his litter mate Wilmoth's Horn blower bought with alot of folks ready to bread. The Horn Dog was a proven go getum coon dog as well. I'll have daddy reply to or answer your questionin in a day or to. Going back through our books daddy kept.If you could see the detailed records back through the early sevendes you''d be Blown away. No Smoke Here. Reply comming soon Thanks Scott JOHN3/16

Last edited by wilmoth's blues on 06-18-2013 at 06:00 PM

Old Post 06-18-2013 04:09 AM
wilmoth's blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wilmoth's blues Click here to Send wilmoth's blues a Private Message Click Here to Email wilmoth's blues Find more posts by wilmoth's blues Add wilmoth's blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wilmoth's blues
UKC Forum Member

Hello out there coon hunters:
There has been some request for info; on the Solid Rock /Ole Horn Blower differences. I'll start with Rock tonight. Rock was 29" at the shoulder and weighed 90lb. He was show quality but was to tall to show. He was a good hunter but was very easy to handle. He was a sure locator. He'd have the coon. I've been voted the worst handler of the year several years straight. I have very poor hearing. I took Rock from open reg. to nite Ch. and had every first tree on every coon that was SEEN. He was the best lay up dog I ever saw. Emitt took him from Nt. Ch. to grand Nt. in three week endsand had high scoring dog in every hunt. Friday nite Saturday nite, Friday nite
Saturday nite and then the next Saturday nite. He didn't have a loose bark in him. He was not a first strike dog as he would have the track lined out before he started opening. ole yeal I forgot, in making him reg. to nite ch. I took 125minus. Emmit took him to gr. and took 125minus. Not bad 250 minus from reg. to Gr. total We loved thatdog but Scott and I had to sell him because we were poor. I'd been out of work for about two months when Emmit called med wanting to buy him. Ihad to sell him to pay bills and no other reason. Emmit turned down 25 thousand. for him. I talked to the guy that made him the offer. He offered me $6000 for a young dog off of Rock that was 18months , at the same time. We've tried to stay with the same ole line thru the years. These dogs went back to Sebastian Little Blue and Vaughn females. It was in the mid. 60,s when we picked up the line when we aquired these dogs off Ennis Blue Snow and a vaughn female called Smiths Blue Sky. Harry Ennis Sherman Butler and others went to the ole Sabestian stump and took cuttings and rooted them. My gold was to try and not mess up what they had done I oned three of these litter mates . The Solid Rock Wilmoth's Ole horn Blower and the Bell Star. I considered buying another one called Smith's DOC. hE was nice also but just did't have the mu-la to get the deal done. About the picture of Rock in full cry treeing in the swamp, Emmit told me he hired a proffessional photo man to follow him in the swamps for a full week to get the picture he wanted. He could afford to . I would have had to use a wallmart throw away camer I'll try to have more later on the other dogs Scott and I 've hunted in the past. We haven't got to the best yet. We'll discuss those later. Still loving a good hound, don't matter what color he is. Francis Wilmoth

Old Post 06-23-2013 01:44 AM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Rock

Thanks Francis,
Alot of Great info about a dog that is in alot of pedigrees through the Rock Ann dog.
Take Care,
Scott

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 06-23-2013 02:19 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tom Jones
UKC Forum Member

peach tree

love to hear about these old dogs

Old Post 07-11-2013 02:47 PM
Tom Jones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tom Jones Click here to Send Tom Jones a Private Message Click Here to Email Tom Jones Find more posts by Tom Jones Add Tom Jones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Plottman22
UKC Forum Member

[img]http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/william-j/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2013-07-09_160041_zpsd9786bec.jpg.html[\img]
this a pup off this litter she's already trailing squirrel and checken trees she's showen alota potential

Last edited by Plottman22 on 07-12-2013 at 02:16 AM

Old Post 07-12-2013 01:54 AM
Plottman22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Plottman22 Click here to Send Plottman22 a Private Message Click Here to Email Plottman22 Find more posts by Plottman22 Add Plottman22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
calblu
UKC Forum Member

All but one of the dogs we own goes back to Solid Rock, Ole Horn Blower and/or Peach Tree at least once, and we like it that way.
Looking at making a cross next year to bring a little more of that blood into our dogs.

Don't take life too seriously -- nobody gets out alive!

Last edited by calblu on 07-13-2013 at 05:21 AM

Old Post 07-13-2013 04:48 AM
calblu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for calblu Click here to Send calblu a Private Message Click Here to Email calblu Visit calblu's homepage! Find more posts by calblu Add calblu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wilmoth's blues
UKC Forum Member

wilmoth dogs

dogs/pups are about 8 months now ready to go call scott @ 919-776-7666

Old Post 12-29-2013 10:51 PM
buchcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

oh my. i fondly remember my daddy and his buddy steve dunn going and hunting with mr francis wilmoth. we had a big blue dog named Bo that was out of Solid Rock and he was a beast, i spent many night trying to lead him as he dragged me through the woods.

I have been out of coon hunting since 1999. I am looking to get back in. Thanks for the great bloodlines.

Mike

Old Post 02-18-2016 02:35 AM
buchcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buchcoonhunter Click here to Send buchcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email buchcoonhunter Find more posts by buchcoonhunter Add buchcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

I am enjoying reading your post and anything you have to share with us. If our friend Larry Taylor was still around I would be up to date on what was going on. Good folks have good dogs. Take care CW

Old Post 02-18-2016 02:54 PM
cwbluebio is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cwbluebio Click here to Send cwbluebio a Private Message Click Here to Email cwbluebio Find more posts by cwbluebio Add cwbluebio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buchcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

Best dog ever

For anyone who is interested in the bloodlines, this was the best dog we ever owned. We did not hunt competitively , but I can say his dog was as good as anything out there. Wished we had another one......

Old Post 03-06-2016 11:29 PM
buchcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buchcoonhunter Click here to Send buchcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email buchcoonhunter Find more posts by buchcoonhunter Add buchcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

History

One of the ancestors of the dogs we hunt today is Wilmoth's Solid Rock. I never hunted with Rock but had hunted with some of his pups. They had enough go in them for any man.

----------SEBASTIAN'S LITTLE BLUE
-----ENNIS' BLUE SNOW
----------SEBASTIAN'S BLUE BABE
GRNITE CH WILMOTH'S SOLID ROCK
----------VAUGHN'S BLUE ROCK
-----SMITH'S BLUE SKY
----------SANDER'S BLUE BABE (TAHSUDA'S ARKIE)

My Rock Ann female goes back to him 5 times through the Uchtman's Hawk and Lonnie Smiley's Rock Ann female. This was an out cross that produced many Grnites and lives through many of the Rambo II dogs among others.

Gone but not forgotten:

Last edited by Scott VH on 03-25-2018 at 02:18 PM

Old Post 03-25-2018 02:14 PM
buchcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 03-25-2018 03:07 PM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Pedigree

Lots of good old hounds in that pedigree. Thanks for sharing it.

Scott

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 03-25-2018 03:42 PM
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

A friend of mine,who is a renowned Blueticker, told me he was on a cast with old Solid Rock one night.

He said that night he wasn't a hard going dog, but totally destroyed the cast treeing layup after layup close around them.

He said no other dog, including his, was even close.

Old Post 03-25-2018 10:07 PM
John Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Carroll Click here to Send John Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email John Carroll Find more posts by John Carroll Add John Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Craig Edwards
UKC Forum Member

I remember the first time Linda, and I came down, and spent the night with Wayne. We all got together for a hunt. You had Deep River Mack at the time. That will tell you how long it's been. I remember Polly, Do Rite, and some of your older dogs. Remember Sol Holt, and your buddy that hunted English dogs. He was a great guy. I have always loved you and Wayne, and cherish the memories we made.

Home of Mayberry Blueticks
Jhn. 3:30, "He must increase, but I must decrease."

Old Post 03-28-2018 10:36 PM
Craig Edwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Craig Edwards Click here to Send Craig Edwards a Private Message Visit Craig Edwards's homepage! Find more posts by Craig Edwards Add Craig Edwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rustydonley
UKC Forum Member

Solid Rock

Any one have pictures of him? My brother bred his female back in the 80s too solid rock. He kept two pups they both made gr.nt.ch.tks. Rusty

Old Post 03-31-2018 10:19 PM
rustydonley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rustydonley Click here to Send rustydonley a Private Message Click Here to Email rustydonley Find more posts by rustydonley Add rustydonley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B&Ttreed2017
Banned

Cross Made

Just made a cross of some old blood. Wilmouths Solid Rock is in the mix along with some other nice ones

Qualified for UKC World 2017
Won his first 4 Shows in a row
Made Champion at 11 months
Qualified for the Illinois Govenors Cup 2017
Owned & Handled by 10 yr old Lil Darik
Titus has been found!!! 4 hours north of us. Dariks Happy Again!
God Is Great!!

Bradleys Tenacious Super Star
Leons Darkside x Blue Label Lilly
2 Wins towards UKC Show Champion
Owned & Handled by 9 yr old Bradley__________________________
618-320-0880 Cell
~Rest In Peace Ole Boy~
Biehls Tenacious Jet
Hobo Hoss x Kansas Jewell

Old Post 05-10-2018 06:00 PM
B&Ttreed2017 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B&Ttreed2017 Click here to Send B&Ttreed2017 a Private Message Click Here to Email B&Ttreed2017 Find more posts by B&Ttreed2017 Add B&Ttreed2017 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rustydonley
UKC Forum Member

Solid Rock!

Old Post 10-22-2020 03:35 AM
rustydonley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rustydonley Click here to Send rustydonley a Private Message Click Here to Email rustydonley Find more posts by rustydonley Add rustydonley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote