UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Southern Bluetick Kennel
Pages (82): « First ... « 77 78 [79] 80 81 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

I hunted for awhile Friday night. Ryan went with me. First drop we cut Spanky and Roxie into a hardwood hollow. Roxie struck and started a track but it wasn't a great track. She crossed into the next hollow and loaded up treed. Spanky hit it a time or two and left out. Roxie treed til it nearly got to her and pulled to Spanky. She had the coon as we walked on in with the Garmin and found it. They ended up deep on a hunting club around a corn feeder. We ended up catching them and moving. I cut Woody and Scout up a hardwood flat next to a creek. Woody didn't go far and fell treed. It was a den and I recut him. He got deep and struck around a swamp. He worked down the swamp and loaded up again. He was on another den. We headed to the truck and decided to recut Roxie and Spanky. Roxie went about 150yds and fell treed up a huge oak tree and I couldn't find her coon and sent her on up the creek. Spanky got treed but was in the ground in the edge of a cotton field. Ryan put some adjustment on him and loaded him up. Roxie was treed again at 900yds but didn't sound real sure about herself. She ended up moving before I got to her and I just caught her up finishing a pitiful night of hunting. I will be hitting it tonight and see if we can keep tuning on some dogs. Roxie shows signs of being nice but needs a lot of woods time. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!!

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-18-2019 12:47 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Ryan and I hunted last night for a while. First drop we cut ChNtCh Southern Blue Dolly and Roxie up a creek bottom. Dolly struck pretty quick and Roxie soon opened. Roxie went to the right and loaded up treed and Dolly went left and fell treed as well. We got to them and they were split treed about 30yds apart and both had a coon. We shot out Roxie's coon and walked over and shot up in the air and chunked it to Dolly. Next drop we cut Woody and Scout. Woody struck a bad track and worked it down the creek and soon loaded up at about 500yds. He was up a large water oak and we couldn't see his coon. We moved and recut Woody and Scout again in some hardwood hills. Woody opened a few times and skipped out to 400yds and treed. We got to the tree and Scout was trying to ride Woody and got the boot. Woody missed the coon as we could see his tree good and no one was home. We decided to cut Dolly and Roxie again. We turned into a small swamp bottom that runs up into some hills. Dolly struck at about 125yds and Roxie opened with her. They ran a good track up the bottom and crossed the creek. Roxie loaded up treed and Dolly backed her. They had a huge coon and we left him to run again. We called it a night. Roxie continues to improve and is a really quick locater that has the meat. I'm going to single her out over the next few weeks and put more pressure on her. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' up!!

Southern Blue Roxie blowing smoke!!

Roxie by Darren Hollis, on Flickr

Roxie with her coon

Roxie by Darren Hollis, on Flickr

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 11-19-2019 02:04 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

The highs and lows of coonhunting!! We went for a while again last night and first drop we cut Woody and Roxie in a swamp bottom. Dogs left out hard and Roxie soon opened followed by Woody. At about 400yds they loaded up treed. Woody never treed right and we got there to see a possum in a den tree. We sent them on up the bottom and Roxie hit a track at about 500yds and was driving it across the bottom. I was pretty sure it was a deer but Woody soon put in with her so I thought maybe it was just a good running coon. 3 miles later I knew it was a deer. We finally got closer and they had quit the deer and were cold trailing a coon. Woody treed and Roxie backed him and we had to walk 1.3 miles down a gravel road behind a gate. We finally got to them and Ryan thought he saw the coon but I never saw it and he couldn't see it again so I don't know if they had it or not. My patience is getting thin with Woody. He needs to be getting under the meat with rings on its tail. Gone take off tonight and hit it tomorrow night. Ryan is picking up Goose for me today so I will continue to pound on him and get him in some bigger hunts. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' UP!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 11-20-2019 12:56 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

GOOSE

Goose is back here at Southern Bluetick Kennels. I plan to pay up his performance for the upcoming year. I am going to hit some PKC hunts with him and enter him in some larger hunts this upcoming year. I have 2 of the nicest pups you could ask for out of Goose and Cotton. Goose has a Urinary Tract Infection and his last 2 litters were smaller litters. I have him on Ciprofluaxin antibiotics as well as OXY-STUD supplement. My GrChGrNtCh Smokey River Ann gyp is due in heat in the next month or so and she will be bred to Goose. Hopefully I get a large litter as there are several guys wanting pups from Goose. Come go hunting with Goose anytime but be sure your boots fit good and are strapped up.

GrChGrNtCh Southern Blue S&H Goose x GrChGrNtCh Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton pups 3 weeks old!!

Goose x Cotton by Darren Hollis, on Flickr

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Last edited by Darren Hollis on 11-21-2019 at 01:27 PM

Old Post 11-21-2019 01:21 PM
redbone5
UKC Forum Member

Pups

COON DOGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post 11-21-2019 02:53 PM
redbone5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redbone5 Click here to Send redbone5 a Private Message Find more posts by redbone5 Add redbone5 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Keith

I think you are right in that one buddy. You will have one up there in about 3 or 4 weeks. I hope you’re as excited about yours as I am mine!!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 11-21-2019 03:15 PM
redbone5
UKC Forum Member

Pups

Yes I am, been waiting for this cross for a long time !!!!

Old Post 11-21-2019 04:47 PM
redbone5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for redbone5 Click here to Send redbone5 a Private Message Find more posts by redbone5 Add redbone5 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

We had a club meeting last night and I hunted for a while after our meeting. Ryan went with me and brought Spanky. First drop we cut Roxie and Spanky in a new spot that I got permission to hunt. It is a creek bottom that is sort of rough due to all the privot hedge growing in the bottom. Dogs left hard and struck a track and ran it about 200yds across the creek. They ended up just quiting the track so I assume it was some kind of trash. There seemed to be a hundred coyotes screaming and barking everywhere so I think they may have hit a coyote. They left out of the bottom and headed up a small creek. They just couldn't get anything going and soon were deep. We drove around and started walking up an old road and Roxie opened a few times and loaded up treed. She was up a huge red oak that ran over into a large den. Spanky came into the tree. We handled them and headed out to the truck. Next drop we cut Goose and Spanky up a swampy creek bottom. Goose struck at about 500yds and drifted out to a little over 800yds and loaded up treed. Spanky was right handed and was opening here and there on the creek. We finally got to Goose and he was treed in a swampy area. Spanky had loaded up to the right and rolled up on one right. We found Goose's coon pretty quick and I gave him a pat on head and we headed to Spanky. He was treed on the side of the creek up a leaning tree. We soon spotted his coon as well. We petted him up and called it a night as it was almost midnight. We gone stay after them!! Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 11-22-2019 01:40 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

I hunted by myself Saturday night
Dogs hunted hard and covered a lot of ground but couldn’t get much going. Made a couple dens. Roxie hunted really good by herself so I was happy about that. First night singling her out. Gone keep on em. Y’all keep’em lookin up

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 11-25-2019 02:45 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Ryan and I hunted last night for a while. I decided it was time to single out the young dogs at least a couple nights a week. First drop I cut Roxie up a swamp bottom. She needed some encouragement to go on hunting last night for some reason. She hunted extremely good Saturday night alone. She left on out and was soon about 280 and struck on the creek. It wasn't a good track but she moved it on up the creek and crossed out into a mix of hardwood and pines. she soon loaded up treed and we headed to her. We had to maneuver down a steep creek bank and the privot hedge I was holding on to broke and I took a good fall into the creek. Glad it was only 49 degrees here last night and not 29 but it was still pretty dang cold. We headed on to Roxies tree and she was up a pine growing into several pine trees. We couldn't find her coon so she probably just missed it. Next we cut Spanky into a creek bottom alone. He opened a few times and skipped out like his sire Goose and loaded up treed. He was on a big den tree. We cut Goose and my Scout pup in a hardwood hollow. Goose blowed thru the country and we drove around and caught them coming up the creek. They never go struck. I was wet and cold and we called it a night. Gone hit it tonight. Thanksgiving at several places will hinder my hunting the rest of the week. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' UP!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 11-26-2019 12:57 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I just want to say Happy Thanksgiving to all my coonhunting and internet buddies!! I have had the privilege to be able to meet a lot of the bluetick guys face to face and look forward to meeting more this upcoming year. I am thankful for the older breeders that laid a foundation for the dogs that I hunt and breed today.

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 11-27-2019 12:51 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Hunt

This week has been crazy with thanksgiving at different places. I managed to hunt a few nights. I took Roxie over to a double header last night. Pouring rain off and on. She isn’t exactly where she needs to be but I took a chance and ended up winning both casts of a double header with her. Gone stay on her and hopefully make a coondog out of her. Y’all keep’em lookin up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-01-2019 05:17 PM
G. JEFFERS
UKC Forum Member

Congrats

Ole buddy sounds like she’s gonna make a good one.

Jeffers' Bear Creek Big T (CH GRNITECH Goodsons Rowdy Bocephus X GRNITECH CH Koon Krossin Rambo’s Blue Gritts)

And always looking for a better one

Old Post 12-01-2019 06:09 PM
G. JEFFERS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G. JEFFERS Click here to Send G. JEFFERS a Private Message Click Here to Email G. JEFFERS Find more posts by G. JEFFERS Add G. JEFFERS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Roxie

Thanks George. She has a ways to go before she satisfies me but I see potential.

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-02-2019 08:18 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

I hunted by myself last night. My old hunting truck sprung a leak at the drain valve of the radiator and I got stranded for a while til my son brought me enough water and antifreeze to get it home and swap dogs to my other truck. I finally got the woods at about 9:15. I cut Roxie alone and she hunted out good but just couldn't get anything going. she ended up about 600yds across the bottom coming out on a gravel road. I caught her up and moved to a wooded flat that runs parallel to a creek. She didn't hunt as good here and acted a little paranoid. I'm sure there had been a deer here as I have bumped her for running deer. I moved and recut her one last time and she hunted better but still never got struck. I called it a night and my hunt just topped off everything. I had Goose in the box but never got to cut him loose as I got such a late start. Got Christmas parties and parades all week so hunting is gone be skimpy this week. Just gotta stay on them. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-03-2019 01:40 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

I hunted for a while last night. First drop Ryan and I cut Spanky and Roxie in a hardwood flat.. Roxie struck and started a track and Spanky opened with her. They worked a track thru a nice patch of water oaks and Roxie located and hit up pretty good. Spanky hit up with her but both dogs hushed and moved on up the edge of the timber. Roxie took a right turn and headed to a pond and Spanky and Roxie loaded up on a tree on the edge of the pond. We headed in to the tree and Spanky had hushed but Roxie was treeing pretty good. We got to the tree and Roxie was there and had the meat. Ryan shot the coon and it jumped out in the pond. Roxie caught it on the edge but it was a big coon and it was giving her trouble. The coon swam across the small pond and Roxie swam right behind him bellowing like a lion. She caught him in about knee deep water and the fight was on again. Ryan got over there and put another shot in the coon and pulled it to the bank and Roxie finished him off. Spanky came into the tree with all the action but we chained him back. We walked down the woods and recut both dogs and they got deep and struck. They worked a bad track for a long ways up into some hills. Roxie located and treed and Spanky backed her. They missed the coon and Ryan seen it about 3 trees over. Next drop we cut Goose and Scout up the creek on the other side of the road. Goose got deep but hit the creek and came back towards us. He opened and was working a bad track. Goose was drifting out and moving the track pretty good and soon loaded up treed. He was up a HUGE oak den tree. The coon could have been on the outside and I would not have found him if he didn't look. There were still a lot of leaves on the tree and there was canopy going everywhere. We finally gave up a called it a night. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' UP!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-05-2019 02:16 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

NtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky

I took Spanky to jasper to a UKC Hunt. Got the cast win. He was 675yds deep and alone with only coon we saw. Finished him to NtCh. Ryan had gotten 4 wins on him. He is 16mths old. Gone develop into a coondog!! He is out of Goose.

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-08-2019 06:28 AM
Barry Cordell
UKC Forum Member

Spanky

Congratulations going to be a good one

Old Post 12-08-2019 09:14 AM
Barry Cordell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Barry Cordell Click here to Send Barry Cordell a Private Message Click Here to Email Barry Cordell Find more posts by Barry Cordell Add Barry Cordell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G. JEFFERS
UKC Forum Member

Congrats ole buddy

Another good one at Southern Blue Kennels keep it up.

Jeffers' Bear Creek Big T (CH GRNITECH Goodsons Rowdy Bocephus X GRNITECH CH Koon Krossin Rambo’s Blue Gritts)

And always looking for a better one

Old Post 12-08-2019 02:27 PM
G. JEFFERS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G. JEFFERS Click here to Send G. JEFFERS a Private Message Click Here to Email G. JEFFERS Find more posts by G. JEFFERS Add G. JEFFERS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

I appreciate it George. He is a nice young dog and I believe he will develope into a sure fire coondog.

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-09-2019 02:17 AM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

SPANKY

Spanky by Darren Hollis, on Flickr

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-09-2019 12:47 PM
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

I hunted by myself last night. It was sleeting and snowing pretty good. I cut Woody alone and he left out hard. He struck at about 500yds and moved across the bottom about 200yds and loaded up treed. I got to him and he had the meat. I petted him up and made my way thru the frozen swamp back to the truck. It started snowing really hard but I had Goose and Roxie in the box so I headed to a creek bottom and cut them loose. Goose hunted out hard and ended up coming out on a gravel road so I loaded him up. Roxie turned and went the other way and I moved around to try to gather her up. I finally walked in a caught her and called it a night as I was wet and cold and the snow was now mixed with sleet and coming down hard. I will hit it again tonight. Y'all Keep'em Lookin' Up!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-11-2019 12:52 PM
townsendhpd
UKC Forum Member

Woody hunt

Got my fingers crossed woody keeps that up for you.

Old Post 12-14-2019 03:39 AM
townsendhpd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for townsendhpd Click here to Send townsendhpd a Private Message Find more posts by townsendhpd Add townsendhpd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

weather

Your hunt sounds like what we have been putting up with in Iowa. You must have gotten some of our cold air down your way. Didn't hunt Mon.-Wed. because it was only 20's in daytime & coon weren't getting far from dens. Hope it's a little warmer, when i come your way in Jan. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 12-14-2019 05:36 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Spanky.

Ryan took spanky to Mississippi last night to a UKC Hunt. Finished him to show ch to make him a ChNtCh and also won a NtCh cast to give him his first NtCh win. He will be 17 months old this month. Ole Goose will get overlooked until it’s too late but I’ll have his offspring here and in the winners circle.

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 12-15-2019 06:17 PM