UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Dershowitz explains Constitutional law
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Dershowitz explains Constitutional law

Constitutional law expert and Harvard professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz harshly criticized the articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump presented by the Democrats as unconstitutional and damaging to the rule of law in an op-ed in The Hill on Tuesday.
Neither of the two articles - abuse of power and obstruction of Congress – presented by the Democrats “satisfies the express constitutional criteria for impeachment,” as both are not crimes or even mentioned in the Constitution.
This means that the Democrats are placing themselves above the Constitution, he wrote.
Dershowitz argued that both articles of impeachment “are so vague and open-ended that they could be applied in partisan fashion by a majority of the House against almost any president from the opposing party.”
He added this notion is exactly what the framers sought to avoid – a decision to impeach based on “the comparative strength of parties,” rather than on “innocence or guilt.”
Dershowitz stressed that the duty of legislators in the House should be “to support, defend and apply the Constitution as written, not as it can be stretched to fit the actions of an opposition or unpopular president.”
He went on to contend that if the House votes for impeachment on these articles, it should be declared “void,” because as Alexander Hamilton stated in Federalist 78, “no legislative act… contrary to the Constitution, can be valid.”

By the way he is a staunch Democrat.

You can't fix STUPID!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-11-2019 01:05 AM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, don't confuse them with facts. This democratic Congress needs to be "obstructed". They have tried to obstruct everything that Trump has tried to do for our country. They are the Obstructionists. Did they really expect Trump to help them impeach himself?
Let's see, they started the hearings with their minds already made up that they were going to vote to impeach him. And then when they could not find anything that he had done that was impeachable, the dems want to impeach Trump for fighting back and not helping them.

Old Post 12-11-2019 02:08 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

"Abuse of Power".... Oh my goodness, Trump has the power of the Presidency. By democratically electing him, we gave him that power. He is supposed to use it and does when he negotiates with other foreign leaders. The democrats don't like it that he does such a good job at using his power and negotiating deals with other foreign countries. They think that he should roll over and "just get along". They don't understand why he wants to "Make America Great". The dems do not want an aggressive strong President. That is why they loved Obama and hate Trump. Trump has a strong aggressive personality that they can't stand. The dems don't understand that is what we need in a President. Just look at the leaders of Russia, China and Iran. If we didn't have Trump to deal with them, where would we be?

Old Post 12-11-2019 02:22 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

Re: Dershowitz explains Constitutional law

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Hennessey
Constitutional law expert and Harvard professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz harshly criticized the articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump presented by the Democrats as unconstitutional and damaging to the rule of law in an op-ed in The Hill on Tuesday.
Neither of the two articles - abuse of power and obstruction of Congress – presented by the Democrats “satisfies the express constitutional criteria for impeachment,” as both are not crimes or even mentioned in the Constitution.
This means that the Democrats are placing themselves above the Constitution, he wrote.
Dershowitz argued that both articles of impeachment “are so vague and open-ended that they could be applied in partisan fashion by a majority of the House against almost any president from the opposing party.”
He added this notion is exactly what the framers sought to avoid – a decision to impeach based on “the comparative strength of parties,” rather than on “innocence or guilt.”
Dershowitz stressed that the duty of legislators in the House should be “to support, defend and apply the Constitution as written, not as it can be stretched to fit the actions of an opposition or unpopular president.”
He went on to contend that if the House votes for impeachment on these articles, it should be declared “void,” because as Alexander Hamilton stated in Federalist 78, “no legislative act… contrary to the Constitution, can be valid.”

By the way he is a staunch Democrat.

Well there were 4 constitutional experts before congress and 3 said he broke the law and one said no law was broken.. You will believe the one and say the other 3 are lying. That's your way of thinking because one says what you want to hear. good thing you will never sit on a panel of twelve!! your way 11 would be lying and you would be the only honest one. Funny stuff you wright.

Old Post 12-11-2019 02:28 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Dershowitz explains Constitutional law

quote:
Originally posted by CHEWBACH
Well there were 4 constitutional experts before congress and 3 said he broke the law and one said no law was broken.. You will believe the one and say the other 3 are lying. That's your way of thinking because one says what you want to hear. good thing you will never sit on a panel of twelve!! your way 11 would be lying and you would be the only honest one. Funny stuff you wright.

I usually don't bother to answer people, but I'm going make an exception for you. First the three constitution so called experts were Democrats that donated thousands of dollars to Democrats and hate Trump anyone with a brain knows they will find him guilty, the other one (to make it look more fair) was a republican he voted no grounds for impeachment no surprise also no surprise liberals won 3 to one. Dershowitz is a Democrat, but is regarded as being one of the top or the top constitutional lawyer and professor in United States. The opinions of the first 4 were well know before they testified.
You smarted off that I never sat on a panel of twelve. I got news for you, none of the first 3 and possibility 4 would be able to testify at a trial, because of bias. Expert witnesses must state the facts in a trial not opinions.There are 22 pages in this thread and trump thread and you have contributed exactly ZERO comments except stupid remarks. By what I have read from the comments you posted your reading comprehension is at a 3 grade reading level. By the way thanks for agreeing with me about being WRIGHT about what I WRITE.

You can't fix STUPID!

Last edited by Bob Hennessey on 12-11-2019 at 10:45 PM

Old Post 12-11-2019 10:20 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oklared
UKC Forum Member

quote:

WHAT LAW DID HE BREAK ? HE QOATED THE CONSTITUTION, WHAT LAW DID THEY QOAT?

HOME OF 2010 HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE, DUAL CH Y2KD, #7 REPRODUCING RED FEMALE
NT.Ch. WINNER AT REDBONE SEC. 2008
3RD PL. NT.CH. 2009 BATTLE OF BREEDS AT ADA OKLA.
4TH PLACE R.Q.E 2010
2ND PLACE OVERALL AT ZONE 4 AND DOUBLE CAST WINNER 2010
WENT TO 2010 WORLD HUNT
AMERICAN REDBONE ASSOCIATION HIGH SCOREING REDBONE FEMALE OF THE 2010 WORLD HUNT
OVERALL HI SCOREING DOG AT 2010 BBCHA BLUE TIC SECTIONAL
GR.NT.CH. AT 12 and A HALF
MADE-EM SEE RED

Old Post 12-12-2019 12:29 PM
oklared is offline Click Here to See the Profile for oklared Click here to Send oklared a Private Message Click Here to Email oklared Find more posts by oklared Add oklared to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Dershowitz explains Constitutional law

quote:
I usually don't bother to answer people, but I'm going make an exception for you. First the three constitution so called experts were Democrats that donated thousands of dollars to Democrats and hate Trump anyone with a brain knows they will find him guilty, the other one (to make it look more fair) was a republican he voted no grounds for impeachment no surprise also no surprise liberals won 3 to one. Dershowitz is a Democrat, but is regarded as being one of the top or the top constitutional lawyer and professor in United States. The opinions of the first 4 were well know before they testified.
You smarted off that I never sat on a panel of twelve. I got news for you, none of the first 3 and possibility 4 would be able to testify at a trial, because of bias. Expert witnesses must state the facts in a trial not opinions.There are 22 pages in this thread and trump thread and you have contributed exactly ZERO comments except stupid remarks. By what I have read from the comments you posted your reading comprehension is at a 3 grade reading level. By the way thanks for agreeing with me about being WRIGHT about what I WRITE.

BOOM!!! Mic drop.................lol

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Old Post 12-12-2019 09:04 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robgregory
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Yep, you are just what the Dems are looking for. Someone to take to the slaughter house. Wake up man!!!! Before it is too late.

home#- 540-925-4437
cell#-757-339-3454
Home of:
"PR"High Lonesome Hannah. Nt.Ch. Hardtime Miss Kitty's Cat

Old Post 12-12-2019 10:13 PM
robgregory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robgregory Click here to Send robgregory a Private Message Find more posts by robgregory Add robgregory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robgregory
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Yep, you are just what the Dems are looking for. Someone to take to the slaughter house. Wake up man!!!! Before it is too late.

home#- 540-925-4437
cell#-757-339-3454
Home of:

Old Post 12-12-2019 10:13 PM
robgregory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robgregory Click here to Send robgregory a Private Message Find more posts by robgregory Add robgregory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Dershowitz explains Constitutional law

quote:

Oh my feelings are so hurt!! Please stop. LMBO

Old Post 12-13-2019 05:59 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robgregory
UKC Forum Member

Chewbach,

IT'S NO MISTAKE, SNOWFLAKE!!!!!! TRUMP IS YOUR PRESIDENT AT LEAST UNTIL 2024!!!!!!! PLEASE, DON'T CRY---YOU WILL LIVETHRU IT AND MORE THAN LIKELY PROSPER TOO.

home#- 540-925-4437
cell#-757-339-3454
Home of:

Old Post 12-13-2019 07:03 PM
robgregory
UKC Forum Member

Chewbach,

And, I am not sure, but I'm thinking Donald J. Trump Jr. in 2024. That sounds like music to my ears. Rob

home#- 540-925-4437
cell#-757-339-3454
Home of:

Old Post 12-13-2019 07:23 PM